Anyone find ticking clocks or other similar noises annoying?

Page 3 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

frenchmanflats
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2015, 11:37 pm

frenchmanflats wrote:
My Parents. They are very annoying.

They interrogate you, threaten you, and yell at you every minute on the day and night.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 12:55 am

lights? i can't, can not sleep with any source of ambient or blinking light in the room, besides that coming in through the window. no night lights as a kid, my laptop's light blinking is a no no.

the hamster wheel squeaking prevented all shut eye. had to oil it every now and then.

unknown whirring in the basement as a kid kept me up all night, still sleep in the same room and it has stopped.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

boygeniusemil
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Nov 2015, 1:58 am

I cannot STAND the sound of people eating softly! It makes me so angry. I have to turn on music or something when I'm with people that are eating.

Can't stand the roaring sound of crowds in restaurants or at all for that matter. That one doesn't anger me, it makes me so anxious and overwhelmed.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 9:35 am

All in all, I don't find the noise of ticking clocks soothing. There are times when it irritates me. There are times when I feel like smashing the clock with a hammer.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 9:59 am

This reminds me of a story I once heard on TV about a farmer who couldn't sleep at night because his wife would snore, his children would giggle in their sleep, and the clock's ticking was too loud. So he visits his friend, and old wise man, and asks him for advice. The wise man told him to take all the animals on his farm and put them in his house. The farmer thought that was insane, but he goes and does it and of course all the noisy animals - not the mention the lack of space and the smell - kept him even even more awake. So he goes back to the wise man who tells him to simply put them all back in his barn. He does, and when he finally goes back to bed his wife still snores and his kids still giggle and his clock still ticks, but he didn't mind it at all any more and falls asleep.

I'm pretty sure next day though, he payed the wise man another visit, and brought along his friend, Mr. Shotgun...
*sings to the tune of "Mr. Sandman"* Mr. Shotgun, shoot me a dream, (bang bang bang bang) make him the deadest guy that I've ever seen (bang bang bang bang)... :skull:

I just made that up. :lol:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 10:02 am

Elmer Fudd, Bugs Bunny's nemesis, had these sorts of sensory issues, too.

AutumnOwl
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Nov 2015, 10:08 am

YES!! ! I get super anger when I hear anything repetitive like an alarm clock, clock ticking, faucet dripping, certain appliances running.

I'm like LivingInParentheses and have misophonia as well. I just cannot eat with other people. I have to sit on the couch in the living room while my boyfriend eats in the kitchen. I used to go eat with my family on occasion but its gotten to where I cannot stand to hear it at all so I've stopped going out to eat and stopped going to the movies (because of crunching popcorn). People chewing gum, crunching chips, smacking, slurping, etc enrages me and I HAVE to get away from the noise no matter what.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 11:07 am

Can't stand ticking clocks or dripping taps, it's part of misophonia.

glebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 11:10 am

Ticking clocks drive me around the bend. I also can't stand light shining on my eyelids when I sleep, so I keep a digital clock in my bathroom where I can check the time when I need to.

LivingInParentheses
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 2:06 pm

This thread makes me feel so much better about myself, just knowing other people struggle with certain sounds as well. I never meet people like me (because I never meet people, maybe, heh) so I've always felt completely broken in this regard. It's so nice to feel normal, with people who I can relate to. I don't even know if I've ever said that before. "It's so nice to feel normal, with people I can relate to." Pretty much sums up WP to me. 8) Anyway, sorry for the off-topic.

electrictype
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Nov 2015, 2:17 pm

I hate practically every repetitive noise, even movement.
My family hates how sensitive I am with that, but it's not something I can get use to.

corroonb
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2015, 2:26 pm

I really hate the sound of fluorescent lights. Most clocks aren't that loud but I can't sleep with one in the same room.