What are some silly reasons why someone disliked you?

Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2015, 8:17 am

Hi:
We all have people who dislike us for one reason or another. Yes it hurts until you realize how shallow and superficial they are being. So you can't help but feel sorry for them because they aren't capable of being accepting.

Anyway what some silly answers?

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2015, 8:33 am

I have always believed that a certain friend dropped contact with me (which we had recently renewed after last seeing each other when we were youngsters) because of what I do for a living, and because she made a judgement call on that signifying some kind of old fashioned "class" disparity, instead of taking me for who I am as a person. Not what I do to simply pay the bills and keep a roof over my head. We have all the same intellectual and cultural interests and a similar intelligence level, and were the same basic people we each liked when we knew each other before, yet she wrote me off because she thought she'd gone up in the world and I'd gone down.

Last edited by BirdInFlight on 04 Nov 2015, 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2015, 8:55 am

I think a friend dumped me because she thought I was judging her son's disability.

Oh the irony.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2015, 9:19 am

1. I am too loquacious- I talk too much
2. I am too bubbly
3. I am too honest
4. I wear my hair short and I am a girl
5. I am hyper
6. I am annoying
7. I was envious of a friend getting this or that
8. I wasn't their age
9. I am petite
10. I am too negative
11. I was able to get into college and their kids couldn't
12. I am a self advocate who cleared for independence

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2015, 11:20 am

The last friend I had who dropped me didn't it for valid reasons I think. It was because I used swear words in front of her kids. I didn't do it intentionally or in an aggressive way but it's just when I get involved in what I'm saying I can get a bit passionate.

Mind you she's an hypocrite because she smokes weed in front of them, so really she's no great loss to me.

But anyway, since then I have tried to reform myself when I'm in the presence of small children and when I have used bad language I have apologised profusely but no one else seems to give a s**t, so it must have just been her.

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2015, 11:33 am

I have had a few people dislike me because I got more attention than they did. I know, right? :D

The honesty thing is also a big one. Some people just hate it when they ask you a question, and you give them an honest and genuine answer...go figure ;)

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2015, 11:48 am

Because I'm different from that person.

Because I hang out with _____.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2015, 12:04 pm

My life seems to be a series of misunderstandings, its not a silly reasons but everyone always accuses me of threatening them and just doesn't want anything to do with me after a while. I have yet to discover why, I don't mean anyone harm and the number of people that like me from the same groups that say this tells me its BS. Its just happened with such frequency, it has me examining my behavior cause I thought maybe there is some truth to it but I can't find any threatening behavior in my actions.

The dumbest reason someone stop talking to me was a woman I slept with and she later wanted nothing to do with me. I never knew why but I am assuming she slept with me, regretted it, and than stop talking to me. I kinda suspect she had ill intent and wanted to accuse me of wrong doing. She always wanted to sleep together when she was drunk and I told her no, she can't consent. Its like she wanted to accuse me of rape 8O

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2015, 12:09 pm

The thing is, IMO, that people often rationalize why they dislike someone. What they say is the reason is very often not the real reason.

electrictype
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

04 Nov 2015, 12:14 pm

"She's my best friend, not yours!" That kind of reason (I don't think my friend even liked her).

hmk66
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Nov 2015, 4:34 pm

Reason: Because I am different.

Reasons mainly from the past:
- I am redhaired;
- I wear glasses;
- I am too smart;
- I attract girls and women;
- Girls and women find me beautiful and/or sexy;
- I am too handsome;
- I am underemployed;
- I am too sweet;
- I am naive.

MonsterCrack
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2015, 5:04 pm

Because I'm too smart (one girl said that to me, as a reason why we can't be friends).

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2015, 9:10 pm

When I worked in a warehouse I was disliked by another co-worker just because I made chilled cucumber soup and also liked to study and read.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2015, 10:19 pm

I'm "too literal" - I assume that people mean what they say and say what they mean.

I ask "too many questions" - I try to be certain that I understand exactly what the other person is trying to tell me.

I'm "too boring" - Just because I don't like the feeling of getting snot-faced drunk or stoned out of my head.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

JakJak
Raven
Raven

04 Nov 2015, 10:41 pm

-Too literal
-Too serious
-Too analytical
-Too easily frustrated (not sure that's a silly reason.. something I need to work on)
-I don't go out of my way to contact them, when they have not gone out of their way to contact me, either
-I don't enjoy all the same activities they do
-Needing time to myself

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2015, 12:27 am

Mostly people have just told me I'm "weird" without a valid explanation of what that means.
My former friends also ditched me because I moved away for four months to study, and therefore didn't respond to their texts or calls to spontaneously go out because it was physically impossible for me to make it with five hours travel time between us. This was apparently "snubbing," not simply the laws of physics.
Everyone I knew ditched me because I'm transgendered, too.
I think I may have lost the opportunity of making new acquaintances last night when I let the atheist cat out of the bag and couldn't validate their flimsy evidence of "religious experience." It just goes on and on.