NTs always win, Aspies always lose

Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Pinguino
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Nov 2015, 2:52 am

Whatever the Aspie does, the NT will always win. It doesn't matter whether you are better qualified, more experienced, you have a better attitude and work ethic, the NT always gets the job. We live in a society which values friendship and the ability to suck up to superiors more than actual skills. Employers choose the employees who they can have the best relationship with and befriend. As such, the Aspie will always fail and have to stick to minor positions or no job at all.

Sorry for the rant, but I had to get my frustration out. Seeing NTs who should be behind me get ahead is the worst feeling I've ever had and makes me feel so hopeless and worthless every time.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2015, 3:09 am

I get where you're coming from. They just love team players. I don't really get ahead either because I don't suck up to the boss. I'm kinda just there - as long as I perform my job well, nothing else happens. I guess it happens to NT's too.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2015, 6:34 pm

From my life experience I can vouch for what nurseangela said, there are many people from both camps (NT/ND) who are bad at/unwilling to apply this kind of "job smarts".
Even if they do suck up, they are often presenting it wrong and don't get promoted/the job/raise/etc.

Aspies certainly have an inherent disadvantage in that regard, but I don't like to admit that it would doom us.

shlaifu
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 7:52 pm

I've been struggling with work for years, frequently leaving one place for another -luckily in a business where people frequently move aroun, sadly in a business where everyone knows everyone else- until I had used up almost all of my contacts and my skills weren't developing any further.
But then I had a bit of luck- that can happen, too.
Don't give up, yet.
But do learn to fake a smile, and how to come back at a stupid joke from your superior in a way that deflects the joke towards a common enemy, - usually a former client who caused trouble to your superior. That seems to work.
The fact that I mainly interact with my superior through text chat helps a lot, as I can think of appropriate answers, admittedly.

We all had to learn this the hard way, and often are presented with situations in which previous lessons turn out to be useless.
But that doesn't mean one can't get better at this game at all.

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2015, 12:20 pm

It's impossible to get a job these days, especially for spectrumites, so you might as well be done.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2015, 12:22 pm

NEGATIVEroach96 wrote:
It's impossible to get a job these days

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2015, 12:24 pm

I can get a job. I can do things that NTs can't. I am winning just by living and being happy and not getting depressed or letting other people determine who I am! :D

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2015, 7:13 am

Earthling wrote:
NEGATIVEroach96 wrote:

Your joke is as funny as being hit by a bus.
Kuraudo, what can you do that normal people can't? Contrary to what you think, I don't know anything about you, you're a complete stranger to me.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2015, 9:56 am

There is no normal! Everyone has individual talents and gifts! *Spooky Obi-Wan voice!* Really? Well, you seem to know an awful lot about me according to what you've been saying recently.
Quotation: How can you possibly smile when you don't have friends? I don't want to upset you, but I think your situation is sad. You delude yourself into thinking you are gifted and lucky, but in fact the whole world is probably against you, and you have nobody on your side, because you are an aspie.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2015, 10:07 am

Cockroach96 wrote:
Earthling wrote:
NEGATIVEroach96 wrote:

Your joke is as funny as being hit by a bus.

I'm serious. You're a negative roach.

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2015, 10:13 am

Kuraudo777 wrote:
There is no normal!

Then there are no colors, just shades of gray.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2015, 10:14 am

^That makes no sense. So rainbows are actually grey?

Cockroach96
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2015, 10:16 am

In your view of the world, yes.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2015, 10:18 am

^What??? Now you're just confusing me. Do you mean that everything is colourful to you and grey to me? ?! 8O That makes no sense. 8O

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2015, 10:21 am

Unless you're physically color-blind, there's actually thousands and thousands of colors in the world that you can experience merely by letting yourself see.