Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2015, 1:56 pm

I have mentioned before how I suspect my Fiancee's family has a few Aspies in it, most notably her father and paternal grandfather. I suspect that many people thought I was just seeing things or trying to justify why she is attracted to me. I have recently been told my both her parents that many of their Nieces and Nephews are having children and about half of them have been diagnosed with Autism. Since many are babies and toddlers I would imagine this number will only climb but it certainly makes me more confident in my own self-diagnosis.

They seemed to naturally gel with me and I suspect many of their older family members are undiagnosed Autistics. For the record, I have never used the words Autism or Aspergers around her and she does not know I post here. The answer is obvious: they are very used to people on the spectrum and my 'weird' quirks seem very normal to them.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2015, 2:51 pm

It's cool that you are able to gel with the future in-laws.

By and large, even though they're extremely NT, I get along with my wife's family pretty well. They think I'm somewhat nuts--but they like me okay.