Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

mistersprinkles
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 Dec 2015, 11:27 am

Trying to start a group of people on the spectrum to play games online. Ideally we would plan times to meet up (virtually, I mean) and play games we were interested in. Mainly coop stuff, but other games too. This would be good socialization and stimulation for us without forcing those of us who do not enjoy face to face interactions to engage in such an activity.

Games I would be interested in most (but I'm not limiting myself)

PVZ Garden Warfare (Im good at this)
SW Battlefront (the new one) (I suck hard)
Depth (medium skill)
Rocket League (I'm as bad as you can possibly imagine)
Warhammer Vermintide (average skill)
Civilization 4
Civilization 5
Civ beyond earth (I'm medium skill at these)
Left 4 Dead 2 (I think it sucks but I'll play it)
Toybox Turbos (I'm pretty good)
GTA 5 (I'm pretty good)
Portal 2 (I'm pretty good)
Dying Light (I kinda suck)

If you are interested please private message me and we can set something up

On Steam I am mrsprinkles and my avatar is a blue cartoon mouse. Please friend me there.

Cheers!

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2015, 1:40 pm

I could go for some Garden Warfare, myself. I dont get into "traditional" shooters like Call of Duty or any of those at all, but sometimes you get creative ones that change things up alot like Garden Warfare or Nintendo's Splatoon, and I can DEFINITELY get into those. So much more interesting.

And you cant go wrong with smiling sunflowers that can shoot deathrays out of their faces for no apparent reason. I never tire of doing that. I cant wait until the sequel comes out. I mean, really, this game turned out VERY well. I just hope EA doesnt find a way to ruin the second one.

I have Rocket League as well and am likely just as bad. I aint played it much but I do think it's pretty good. I have no sense of tactics.

Civ 5 I also have but I dont have the undying patience necessary to play multiplayer. I really just dont.

Got other multiplayer games, but not all that many and they're not on that list.

mistersprinkles
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Dec 2015, 3:43 pm

If you like unique shooters you would love depth. Underwater 4 on 4 FPS action. Half the players are sharks, the other half are divers. Sharks are deadly but divers are well armed. Fighting in full 3D freedom is really cool. I got it for $9 on Black Friday.

mistersprinkles
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Dec 2015, 6:33 pm

Wow so nobody is interested in forming a Wrong Planet Gaming Clan? It would be nice to be with like minded people in a non-judgemental situation. Also since people with ASD tend to focus on things intensely we'd have a lot less people saying they need to be AFK for 10 minutes during a mission in L4D and other annoying things NT gamers do.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2015, 7:39 pm

On Steam, I am CounterfeitSpy. My avatar has been changed to a derpy bad box art Megaman. My brother does some fine work with our avatars.
Sadly, I only have two of those games listed in my Steam Library. I'm not really much an online player, but I have been messing around with Serious Sam Classics: Revolution. If, one day, you happen to find a server called "Ultra Serious Story Mode", that's my server. Serious Difficulty, Unlimited ammo, Maximum fire rate, 10,000 health, respawn on the spot, unlimited lives, and the best part: Enemy spawn super multiplied! I'm always glad to find players who can handle the serious insanity. Sadly, not many can. Critics have called my server everything from "the most majestic thing any player has ever done" to "What the hell?" I recommend that you have good PC optimizations to avoid any crashing.

Just remember that I'm sharing my Steam profile with my brother so if I'm not on, then he's on. Don't worry, he's not a bad person.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2015, 7:53 pm

Hmm I have Dying Light on Steam.

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin

mistersprinkles
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Dec 2015, 8:38 pm

Nist498 wrote:
Hmm I have Dying Light on Steam.

What is your steam name? Let's do some coop campaign!

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2015, 8:48 pm

It's Nist048.

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2015, 3:57 am

mistersprinkles wrote:
Wow so nobody is interested in forming a Wrong Planet Gaming Clan? It would be nice to be with like minded people in a non-judgemental situation. Also since people with ASD tend to focus on things intensely we'd have a lot less people saying they need to be AFK for 10 minutes during a mission in L4D and other annoying things NT gamers do.

Well, a couple of things about that.

I've found that alot of people on here tend not to really take too much interest in multiplayer. Considering the limitations that this condition of ours can sometimes place on people, this does make perfect sense. I get that way sometimes too, usually am not fond of team games that require too much communication.

But also, there just arent that many PC gamers here. Mostly console gamers.

Of course there's ALSO the issue of time. In my case I live in the US but am only awake during the night... very much limits multiplayer stuffs, really, because everyone else isnt awake. And of course differences in where everyone lives also causes that.

Feyokien
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2015, 4:12 am

I dunno, I'd be kind of interested, but I'm not going out of my way to buy games I don't already own. I know of a good number of free games that are really fun to play in my own opinion.

Subrosa 0.07 demo by Cryptic Sea, don't get hung up on the demo label, it's really is endless fun. There's a $20 alpha version of it right now as well, but that just sucks.
There are other Cryptic Sea games as well that I've yet to try

Assault Cube

Openspades on the BuildandShoot website

Fist Full of Frags on Steam

Codename Cure on Steam (Basically free Left 4 Dead, but better in my opinion)

WarThunder on Steam

No More Room in Hell on Steam

And I guess there's always Minecraft for PC if anyone has that, though I'm not too joyous about that prospect

I've got Left 4 Dead 2 on steam as well though I never play it

I'd be open for playing other free games or possibly other games if I have it as well if anyone has ideas, just throwing the above out there as ideas. I know I'll probably be getting Battlefront 3 for PS4 this Christmas so I could potentially play that with others if they have it for PS4. I also do have Rocket League as well *sigh*, rather not play that one but it is multi-platform multiplayer, I know for PC and PS4 anyways.

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2015, 10:47 am

Great idea! I'm not familiar with any of those games but I could learn. Also, would you want to play any multiplayer games on pogo.com?

mistersprinkles
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Dec 2015, 2:55 pm

I don't play casual games. I'd say the funnest coop games I've come across to date are Warhammer Vermintide, Dying Light, Depth.. PVZ Garden Warfare, and maybe a couple of others.

I'd really love to get a group together for Depth. It goes down to $9 when it's on sale which is pretty often. Best shooter ever.

If anybody here wants to get their hands on PVZ Garden Warfare that would be awesome. It's an origin game though not a Steam game.

Remember folks you can get these games cheaper than on Steam on sites like Green Man Gaming and CD Keys. Totally legit.

WolfClaw99
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Dec 2015, 8:30 pm

I am WolfClaw99 on steam, if anyone actually wants to bring this great idea to life. I mostly play FPS (COD:WaW, Insurgency, heroes and generals, Red Crucible Firestorm.) although I don't have War Thunder, seeing as that would completely obliterate my laptop. I also play some RPGs such as Southpark: The Stick of Truth, Neverwinter, and I'm desperately trying to get League of Legends on my laptop. I also play a few puzzle games like To the Moon, LIMBO, and the first PORTAL.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2015, 9:43 am

mistersprinkles wrote:
I don't play casual games. I'd say the funnest coop games I've come across to date are Warhammer Vermintide, Dying Light, Depth.. PVZ Garden Warfare, and maybe a couple of others.

I'd really love to get a group together for Depth. It goes down to $9 when it's on sale which is pretty often. Best shooter ever.

If anybody here wants to get their hands on PVZ Garden Warfare that would be awesome. It's an origin game though not a Steam game.

Remember folks you can get these games cheaper than on Steam on sites like Green Man Gaming and CD Keys. Totally legit.

Garden Warfare, to most, actually counts as a casual game.

"Casual" does not mean "bad" or "not challenging"; hell, I can think of LOTS of them that are dramatically more difficult than... basically every AAA game there is.

"Casual" usually means "doesnt take 10000 years to learn", "not made entirely of cutscenes", and "light on the story", provided there is a story (I, personally, am glad when there ISNT one). That's all it actually means. Sometimes a lack of OMG SUPER AAA GRAFIX can also fit into the definition.

The problem is that games like Angry Birds and whatnot are the ONLY things people think about when it comes to those, so they assume that every other "casual" game is like that. Those games give that whole category a bad name. Ugh. It's just like how alot of people think that CoD is what defines the entire FPS genre, and that every FPS must play just like it. That some of them dont can blow people's minds.

As for Depth, since it was mentioned, not one that I personally am interested in. Definitely not my sort of thing. Too much swimming around without stuff actually happening, not to mention it looks like stealth is important at times. In *any* game, stealth is a thing I refuse to do. No exceptions. Ever. Few things bore me more.

mistersprinkles
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Dec 2015, 6:55 am

You don't like Stealth? It's so fun though! I don't know if I'd call Garden Warfare casual. I mean, sure, it is, but not to the extreme that something like Angry Birds or Candy Crush is.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2015, 7:33 am

mistersprinkles wrote:
You don't like Stealth? It's so fun though! I don't know if I'd call Garden Warfare casual. I mean, sure, it is, but not to the extreme that something like Angry Birds or Candy Crush is.

Yeah, I just cant stand stealth stuff. Just.... uuuugh. Alot of waiting and very slow movement. Since I process things very, very fast, most things already are kinda slow to me. So something like that is *very* slow. And I dont deal with "slow" very well to begin with. So as a result of all of that, I have like, no patience. And my natural tendancy is to just charge at things and go berserk anyway, not strike from the shadows. That's how I usually describe my overall style in fighters or any games that are about combat, is that of a "berserker" style. Needless to say this doesnt work in something like a stealth game.

As for Angry Birds and Candy Crush... very few games are as casual as THOSE, heh. But sadly, they're the biggest ones, so they spread that annoying idea that any so-called "casual" game is just like them. Hell, they spread even the label itself around. I can think of a number of games that are called casual NOW, but if they had been released back in the NES era, they'd fit perfectly into the infamous category of "Nintendo Hard" because that's how bloody difficult they are. I can also think of games from back then that, if released today, would get that label. Hell, think of a timeless classic like Tetris. It's labeled a "casual" game now despite the challenge and depth it gives (often moreso than big-budget games of any sort). Even something like a shmup gets that label every now and then... despite that being the most difficult of all genres.

Bah. Often, I wish those specific couple of games had never released. I dont think Angry Birds is actually a bad game mind you, just... ugh. It just does alot of damage merely by existing.