Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Kalinda
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Dec 2015, 7:35 pm

I think I have Autism, not schizophrenia or bipolar disorder or attention deficit disorder. I have all the hallmarks of early high intelligence, sensitivity to noise and stress, hyper-vigilance and difficult social skills. I don't understand why someone would want to torture and break an autistic in order to comply with a false diagnosis, other than to control them and abuse their gifts and extraordinary potential. I am tired of being called sick. I was told that my own mother organized the Harvard interview, but I had applied to Harvard and almost got in--had my father not yelled at me and told me not to bother because he couldn't afford it--with his high paying computer science career....Is it because I am a woman or because I was genuine?

"Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2015, 6:06 pm

what false diagnosis are you stuck with?

at your age i don't think your parents should be able to just decide where you are going to sturdy, BUT harvard's costs are very taxing on finances and, i get it, especially if you don't have your own income...

i think you should get your autism speculations confirmed by a professional.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

blessedbethyname
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

26 Dec 2015, 1:01 am

I have autism but am diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder. I can relate to your situation. I am highly intelligent also and had all of your symptoms until I took medication. I am now doing much better. I can interact with others now without being bothered by my symptoms. I cannot say I am social though. I can tolerate a certain amount of social interaction and try not to isolate myself too much. Also, the medication has helped me to study and focus, whereas before I could not. I am studying languages now and am probably twice your age. I understand how you feel about Harvard as a missed opportunity. Please don't have regrets about the past and try to focus on the future.

Kalinda
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Jan 2016, 10:23 pm

I don't have a future. I am twenty-six. Most of my life has been stolen from me. I have nearly gone blind from the anti-psychotics which I stopped taking a few months ago, and I have no way of defining myself. I can't afford college, I don't have a job or degree at this point, just two years at university, and I have kind of given up on the idea that anyone cares.

"Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better." Martin Luther King, Jr.