Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2016, 5:20 pm

A few days, ago, my home and my neighbor's home were broken into while we were at work. Our things were gone through and tossed about. I have always been affected to a degree, when my possessions have been moved, and this was the epitome of that, magnified X billions.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2016, 9:29 pm

sorry, britte. was anything taken?

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2016, 11:25 pm

I am a housewife. This is my life. Nothing is pit back in the right place or folded correctly. I constantly have to move things, and I'm not OCD at all. I just have three of my kids a kids fiance and a kids friend living with me and my husband. I just appreciate when they do make the effort at all and they usually don't because I'm one of those 50s style old school moms who does everything.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

muffinhead
Toucan
Toucan

03 Apr 2016, 12:18 am

Extremely irritating for me. I usually know where virtually every one of my possessions, no matter how small, is. So, when someone moves something I feel that my intricate system of organization has been disturbed, and usually get quite irate.

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2016, 12:53 am

cathylynn wrote:
sorry, britte. was anything taken?

Thank you. Yes. They took all that had been of sentimental value to me. Acknowledgments of milestones throughout my life, that had been given to me by my family, a couple things that had belonged to my grandmother and a few things that were passed along to me, by the parents of my childhood friend, who died, suddenly, when we were 22 y/o. All were of monetary value, as well, which is why they were taken, although, that mattered not, to me, as I have never had an interest in that aspect of things. I dont really know how to proccess any of it, properly, and, I feel as though something is wrong with me, as I have been more affected by having my personal space invaded, than losing those things that held so much meaning to me. Thank you for your concern, cathylynn.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2016, 1:21 am

there is no right or wrong way to process such an egregious violation.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2016, 1:35 am

This is why I plan to have my own house.

I'm sick of people moving my stuff, then blame me for being irresponsible for losing things.

Also the reason why I like keeping things for myself: no one will 'borrow' it nor disturb it.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

CaptLasik
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2016, 1:47 am

My aunt likes to move things around. This pisses me off.

- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Britte
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2016, 2:02 am

cathylynn wrote:
there is no right or wrong way to process such an egregious violation.

Thank you for your supportive words. I appreciate you speaking to me, cathylynn.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2016, 10:51 am

Going from hospitals to rehab facilities this has been my life the last year snd it sucks big time.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Brittniejoy1983
Toucan
Toucan

03 Apr 2016, 12:04 pm

Without reading anyone else's answers, I can answer this easily, just from reading your title.

People moving my possessions make me enraged. Like, immediately. I don't like people touching my things. Don't take my dinner plate, my pillow, my blanket, my jewelry, god help you if you touch my books or my phone. Nope. Can't stand it.

Ashariel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2016, 12:10 pm

My mom wanted to borrow my favorite book, and for the next month I watched as it moved from one table, to another, and then under a pile of stuff, and finally disappearing altogether (and she still hadn't even started reading it)... Finally I freaked out and specified that she could borrow it, but she couldn't keep moving it around like that, or I'll go crazy!

mikie1091
Toucan
Toucan

03 Apr 2016, 2:06 pm

i hate that i tell people please dont touch my stuff in my bedroom