Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2015, 12:40 pm

Reuters

Quote:
An affluent Texan teenager and his mother wanted in the United States have filed an injunction to delay their extradition from Mexico, and will not be leaving on Wednesday, said Ricardo Vera, a Mexican migration official in the state of Jalisco.

U.S. media said the efforts of Tonya and Ethan Couch to delay extradition could hold up their deportation by two weeks or more, but Vera said that was "speculation".

If you're not familiar with Ethan Couch, he is the dufus kid who stole his Dad's beer, got completely wasted, stole a truck and rammed into 4 people on the side of the road, killing all of them. He received probation because the prosecutor successfully argued that he was too spoiled to understand the ramifications of his actions.

Last month he was filmed at a beer pong party which was a probation violation; he and his mother headed to Mexico.

The way things go for this kid, I would not be surprised if he is allowed to live out his life with his Mom in Mexico.

frenchmanflats
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2015, 5:04 am

Texas policemen have a long memory and they will be waiting for him.

Rockymntchris
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Dec 2015, 5:20 am

I'm hoping he'll end up with a lengthy prison sentence.

frenchmanflats
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2015, 6:16 am

Rockymntchris wrote:
I'm hoping he'll end up with a lengthy prison sentence

Just imagine the prison where he is at. Just by skipping probation was a big no-no . When Ethan skipped his meeting his probation made him an automatic felon and fugitive. The Texas authorities can charge his mother with aiding a felon.

Well See you at the other side of 2016. I will be in Reno at a party. I just hope it does not snow.

Rockymntchris
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Dec 2015, 6:21 am

frenchmanflats wrote:
Rockymntchris wrote:
I'm hoping he'll end up with a lengthy prison sentence

Just imagine the prison where he is at. Just by skipping probation was a big no-no . When Ethan skipped his meeting his probation made him an automatic felon and fugitive. The Texas authorities can charge his mother with aiding a felon.

Well See you at the other side of 2016. I will be in Reno at a party. I just hope it does not snow.

I think one of the news sources did mention his mother was already brought back to the U.S. She should do some hard time also, and be stripped of her assets to give out to families of the victims. Have fun in Reno, and I hate snow too.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2015, 8:04 am

Quote:
Tonya Couch arrived at Los Angeles International Airport on a flight from Mexico in the custody of the U.S. Marshals Service and was taken in handcuffs through the terminal to an unmarked Dodge Charger early Thursday morning. ...
Ethan Couch was transported late Wednesday from a detention facility in Guadalajara to one in Mexico City, the official said. The decision to move Couch was made because the Mexico City facility for detaining migrants is larger and better equipped to hold someone for days or weeks. ...
The ruling earlier Wednesday by the Mexican court gives a judge three days to decide whether the younger Couch has grounds to challenge his deportation based on arguments that kicking him out of the country would violate his rights.

Huffington Post

slave
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2015, 2:40 pm

androbot01 wrote:
Reuters

Quote:
An affluent Texan teenager and his mother wanted in the United States have filed an injunction to delay their extradition from Mexico, and will not be leaving on Wednesday, said Ricardo Vera, a Mexican migration official in the state of Jalisco.

U.S. media said the efforts of Tonya and Ethan Couch to delay extradition could hold up their deportation by two weeks or more, but Vera said that was "speculation".

If you're not familiar with Ethan Couch, he is the dufus kid who stole his Dad's beer, got completely wasted, stole a truck and rammed into 4 people on the side of the road, killing all of them. He received probation because the prosecutor successfully argued that he was too spoiled to understand the ramifications of his actions.

Last month he was filmed at a beer pong party which was a probation violation; he and his mother headed to Mexico.

The way things go for this kid, I would not be surprised if he is allowed to live out his life with his Mom in Mexico.

Ahhh!! 'Justice' purchased one stack of Benjamins at a time. :roll:

Affluenza is a terrible affliction :roll:

Poor boy, what a grievous burden to be born rich :roll:

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2015, 8:11 pm

Deport him already and build the wall!! !

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 12:42 am

I am unable to understand why he could not accept that he was very lucky to have avoided jail time for causing death by drunken driving, he should have done exactly what his probation officer told him to do and refrain from whatever the probation officer told him not to do. It was not as if someone forced him to attend the beer bond party at gunpoint, if he was dragged at gunpoint to a beer bong party then I am sure his probation officer and the police would have been interesed.

I think he should have been given a lengthy jail term for the drunken driving, I think that he should have been cast down into prison. There he might have been able to learn the error of his ways.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 2:47 am

androbot01 wrote:
Quote:
Tonya Couch arrived at Los Angeles International Airport on a flight from Mexico in the custody of the U.S. Marshals Service and was taken in handcuffs through the terminal to an unmarked Dodge Charger early Thursday morning. ...
Ethan Couch was transported late Wednesday from a detention facility in Guadalajara to one in Mexico City, the official said. The decision to move Couch was made because the Mexico City facility for detaining migrants is larger and better equipped to hold someone for days or weeks. ...
The ruling earlier Wednesday by the Mexican court gives a judge three days to decide whether the younger Couch has grounds to challenge his deportation based on arguments that kicking him out of the country would violate his rights.

Huffington Post

Holy crap! Carrot Top changed places with his mother!! !! !

SavageMessiah
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Jan 2016, 3:19 am

Two people I'd have wished were kidnapped and ultimately shot and hung from overpasses.

There have been way too many upstanding US citizens who've been kidnapped and held for ransom in Mexico. These two scumbags deserved a lot worse.

There will never be an excuse for drunk driving. The judge who erred will get what's coming to him/her and so will the mother and son, so I'm not the least bit worried.

Jamieohs
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

01 Jan 2016, 8:25 am

Good, lock him up and melt down the key, drunk driving is not acceptable under any circumstance for exactly this reason, how hard is it to just call a cab or get a ride from a freind, just don't f*cking drive if you've had a drink

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 9:15 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
Quote:

Huffington Post

Holy crap! Carrot Top changed places with his mother!! ! ! !

Hahaha! I was thinking the EXACT same thing! I was sipping my coffee and was like Holy Sh**! It's Carrot Top! I was so confused for a moment.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 3:11 pm

Kid was 16 at the time of the DUI, only eligible for juvenile prosecution. Probation is often given to first offenders and youths - depending on the color of their skin, of course.

Now that he's skipped the country, well he did THAT as an adult.

I am just crying an ocean of tears for this kid and his "Carrot Top" mommy. All she was doing was trying to protect a loved one, and now she's going to the big house.

What's this - a thimble to hold all the tears I am crying? Too big. Pass me a kernel of barley instead.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 3:17 pm

AntDog wrote:

I actually occasionally have similar thoughts when a criminal suspect flees to another country and we try to extradite them back; why not just yank their passport and let the other country keep them? It's gotta be cheaper than extradition, trial, and incarceration.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 10:31 pm

Dox47 wrote:
AntDog wrote:

I actually occasionally have similar thoughts when a criminal suspect flees to another country and we try to extradite them back; why not just yank their passport and let the other country keep them? It's gotta be cheaper than extradition, trial, and incarceration.

They have waaaaaay too much money for that to happen, but I hear ya