Ben Carson's Top Aides Quit Campaign

Page 1 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2015, 7:29 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/31/politics/ben-carson-campaign-manager-quits/index.html?eref=rss_politics

Quote:
Ben Carson's presidential campaign manager Barry Bennett, deputy campaign manager Lisa Coen and communications director Doug Watts all resigned Thursday, as the retired neurosurgeon continues to struggle in the polls.

His campaign has been marked of late by rumors of personnel changes and public sniping between Bennett and Watts with Armstrong Williams, Carson's business manager and sometimes public surrogate who has no official role in the campaign. Williams has criticized Bennett and Watts for not adequately preparing the candidate for public appearances, especially on foreign policy, an issue that has dominated the race in recent months.

Questions about the veracity of Carson's compelling personal story, about his rise out of poverty in Detroit to become perhaps the nation's most widely known neurosurgeon, have also hounded him as he fell in the polls.

I wonder if this signifies that he shouldn't have been at the top of the polls, to-begin-with.....?

I'm thinking campaign leaders know all----meaning, their candidate's foibles, and lack of strengths. His manager said there was no point sticking-around a sinking ship (or, something like that).

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2015, 7:58 pm

Carson was a fad, nothing more. He had no idea about foreign policy and so after Paris he plummeted.

wowiexist
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2015, 11:06 pm

I think that people have a general admiration of him and that is why he went up so much in the polls but then he fell when people realized he knew nothing about the issues. The same will happen to Donald Trump; it may just take a little longer.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 2:43 am

Just because a guy is a wiz at surgery doesn't mean he's qualified to the POTUS, and Carson seems to have gone out of his way to prove that point.

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 9:21 am

I was watching Dog the Bounty Hunter over the holidays. I have no idea who is in the race now. I'm going to guess that Kasich is the frontrunner against Trump, and now Jeb is being pitted against Huckabee. Cruz and Rubio got into such a fierce fight that they bear hugged into the same body. They're now called Cruzio.

I'll guess that Bobby Jindal has switched teams and rumors are that he'll be Bernie's running man.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 3:05 pm

I can't wait for Iowa and New Hampshire to be over, because then you're going to see a big die-off in Republican candidacies. Too much "sound and fury, signifying nothing" - I do enjoy presidential politics, it's the greatest two-year marathon in the world. But this year's cast of thousands has been particularly noisy and annoying.

Did Rick Perry drop out yet? I can't remember.

The race I think is going to be the most interesting is Hillary v. Bernie. I have a lot of respect and no ill will towards both of them. The country is a winner either way.

Certainly can't say I have a lot of respect and no ill will towards any of those Republicans! What a circus!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 3:39 pm

a big reason the GOP does so well in America, can be expressed in a statement h. l. Mencken made a century back: "no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public" - or in what adlai Stevenson said in 1956, when responding to a reporter's statement, "you have the votes of all thinking people" to which adlai replied, "but I need a majority to win."

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 5:02 pm

auntblabby wrote:
a big reason the GOP does so well in America, can be expressed in a statement h. l. Mencken made a century back: "no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public" - or in what adlai Stevenson said in 1956, when responding to a reporter's statement, "you have the votes of all thinking people" to which adlai replied, "but I need a majority to win."

LOL, love both those quotes.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 5:41 pm

^^^yeh, they explain a lot to me :idea:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 5:47 pm

auntblabby wrote:

This attitude is a partial explination for seemingly inconceivable ideas becoming popular. As dumb as the "conservatives" may be they know progressives look down at them as lessers and thus are receptive to populist messages. It is not so much what Trump says but the fact he is perceived as sticking it to the elitists who have policed the language they can use. Another way of looking at it is that Trump is popular exactly because he is saying things that would get you fired at work, shamed by neighbors, and divorced from your partner.

Carson was perceived as too meek, too much of an egghead with this part of the voting bloc.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 6:09 pm

the thing I hate about carson is his hypocrisy- he's a PHYSICIAN yet he is against universal health care! I mean, what part of "above all, do no harm" does he not get?

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 6:26 pm

well he was a neurosurgeon .... they think pretty highly of themselves.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 8:39 pm

BeaArthur wrote:

they have a reputation [well deserved] for being prima donnas.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 8:57 pm

auntblabby wrote:
BeaArthur wrote:

they have a reputation [well deserved] for being prima donnas.

And it's precisely because of that that someone like Carson believes he can't be wrong, even if he really doesn't know a thing about a certain subject.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 9:01 pm

my fear is that he will end up in the white house anyways, as an appointed cabinet member overseeing the destruction of PPACA.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2016, 9:12 pm

auntblabby wrote:
my fear is that he will end up in the white house anyways, as an appointed cabinet member overseeing the destruction of PPACA.

Only if a Republican gets elected.