gun control's gonna come up sooner or later sooo

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2007, 5:52 pm

screw you whiny bleeding hearts, the situation at VU could have been solved if guns had been allowed on campus...even if it were just teachers who were allowed to carry side arms.

and also, i hope jack thompson dies before he gets the chance to prey on the victims' families in this incident.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2007, 11:16 pm

I am not majorly concerned about VT. If 32 people is the deadliest shooting massacre in modern US history then we don't have real problems. I am more worried about some exotic bug infecting me or a car wreck or something of that nature. This does not mean that I am unsympathetic to what happened but seriously, put perspective on things. We have many more deaths every year and every day from many other sources.

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 1:14 am

edited due to too much foul language

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 1:22 am

aylissa wrote:
edited due to too much foul language

you're welcome to un-edit that. or at least have the courteousy of PM-ing it to me instead of treating me like a child.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 2:30 am

I am heartily in favor of gun control.
People who can't control their guns
shouldn't be allowed to have them.

ahayes
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 3:59 am

calandale wrote:
I am heartily in favor of gun control.
People who can't control their guns
shouldn't be allowed to have them.

a tight, five point set

Griff
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 8:55 am

If any schmuck can have assault weapons, Iran can have nuclear arms.

It's reverse discrimination, I tell ya! It's reverse discrimination!

I say go with the science. Whichever works best, just go with it. I'm not going to talk politics over what science does or doesn't say. I'm not going to swoon over some fool's right to own a people-killing device, either.

I've gotta say, though, if anyone can run around with assault weapons, I'm getting a Springfield Armory, XD. It's still the best weapon out there. It was tested on people who were actually going to get their heads blown off if it didn't work properly!

kt-64
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 4:12 pm

The only weapons that should be legal is: melee, bows, handguns, shotties, and rifles. And maybe out-dated military grade guns, like the m-1 garrand.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 4:26 pm

Griff wrote:
I say go with the science. Whichever works best, just go with it. I'm not going to talk politics over what science does or doesn't say. I'm not going to swoon over some fool's right to own a people-killing device, either.

going by science....statistically, less violent crime occurs in places where people are allowed to carry concealed weapons.

say, like, in canada.

kt-64
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 5:32 pm

Its illegal up north, what have you been smokin?

Griff
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 5:54 pm

Ska, I know you're dying for me to weigh in on this, but I've already stated that I'm not going to argue about the science. All I'm concerned with is which makes me safer.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 7:04 pm

kt-64 wrote:
The only weapons that should be legal is: melee, bows, handguns, shotties, and rifles. And maybe out-dated military grade guns, like the m-1 garrand.

Can I get a gatling gun then? How about outdated tanks?

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 7:26 pm

Griff wrote:
Ska, I know you're dying for me to weigh in on this, but I've already stated that I'm not going to argue about the science. All I'm concerned with is which makes me safer.

it makes you safer to live somewhere with concealed carry being legal. unfortunately many businesses and schools request that you don't carry in their buildings....which kinda defeats the purpose...because instead of the gun being on your person, it's in your car.

this is not to say that everyone should own a gun....but the people who choose to and are legally able to should be allowed to. unfortunately, it's up to businesses and schools to change their minds because it's not the government's job to tell them either way on the issue.

it's not like criminals care either way if a gun should be allowed in somewhere or not...just the law abiding citizens who are restricted from protecting themselves.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 7:27 pm

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 11:14 pm

if you have trouble with gun control, maybe you have too much drop at heel casusing excessive muzzle flip, or else the barrel is too short :?

:lol:

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 11:33 pm

BazzaMcKenzie wrote:
if you have trouble with gun control, maybe you have too much drop at heel casusing excessive muzzle flip, or else the barrel is too short :?

:lol:

Hahahahahahaha!! !

:lol: :lol: :lol:

On sabbatical...