Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2007, 7:21 pm

My parents are awesome, and they are psychologists. They also have a number of psychologist friends whom I like. But then again, I'm not seeing them in a therapeutic setting, which really changes your perspective. I've also never really had a negative experience with a psychologist, and I've seen a few. Although, I wasn't too thrilled with the observations the psychologist who tested me for NLD wrote in her report. No one likes reading that they have poor eye contact (I already knew that though) and that their range of emotional expression appears "constricted" (what the heck is that about?!). That's why I think it must suck to get evaluated for AS, because it would just be someone making tons of negative observations about you. Although if you really thought you had it, I guess it would be worth it for the cartharsis associated with knowing what was going on with you. I felt that way about getting diagnosed with NLD.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2020, 11:47 am

I had this one lady who's first name was Karen. I hated her! She was always getting in my face and asking me invalidating and embarrassing questions and victim blamed me. Doped me up on drugs instead of suggesting my parents put me in a different school. I was aggressive because I was faced with constant bulling and b*****s like Miss Karen telling me it was my fault. I looked her up online and she has a one star rating...especially when it comes to bedside manor.