Page 1 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 9:41 am

frenchmanflats wrote:
I would have the lawyers review the contract line by line.
Be careful what you wish for ...

Quote:
An engineer died and reported to the pearly gates. A newly annointed angel, filling in for St. Peter, checked his dossier and grimly said, "Ah, you're an engineer; you're in the wrong place."

So the engineer was cast down to the gates of Hell and was let in. Pretty soon, the engineer became gravely dissatisfied with the level of comfort in Hell, and began designing and building improvements. After a while, the underworld had air conditioning, flush toilets, and escalators, and the engineer was becoming a pretty popular guy among the demons.

One day, God called Satan up on the telephone and asked, "So, how's it going down there in Hell?"

Satan laughed and replied, "Hey, things are going great. We've got air conditioning and flush toilets and escalators, and there's no telling what this engineer is going to come up with next."

God's face clouded over and He exploded, "What? You've got an engineer? That's a mistake; he should never have gotten down there; send him up here!"

Satan shook his head, "No way. I like having an engineer on the staff, and I'm keeping him."

God was as mad as He had ever been, "This is not the way things are supposed to work and you know it. Send him back up here or I'll sue."

Satan laughed uproariously, "Yeah, right ... and just where are YOU going to get a lawyer?"

:twisted:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 10:13 am

No way.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 1:37 pm

If there is a devil and we actually have a soul, I'm sure I sold it long ago but without even knowing I did.

After all, according to the Bible it's a huge, immoral sin for women to even speak unless a superior man speaks to them first. It's a sin for me to be doing pretty much all the things I'm doing now - like being left-handed. Or keeping cats for pets. Or believing in evolution and using organ donations to save lives. Or watching cartoons and playing video games. Talking ponies that use magic - EVIL! Mario shooting fireballs out of his hands - EVIL! Sims who are capable of having same-sex relationships with each other - EEEEEEEE-VIL!! :twisted:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 2:26 pm

Yes, yes I would...if the devil exists that is probably where my soul would go anyways, as then that would mean there is god in heaven.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 2:34 pm

slenkar wrote:
It doesn't make sense to give something that lasts forever for a few decades of happiness.

There is also the constant dread of being fearful of the afterlife so really your life will still be bad.

There is a documentary on YouTube called 'sold their souls for rock n roll'
Musician's are known for taking drugs for a reason, they are miserable.

There's also a reason rock turned satanic
in the 80's many rock bands were openly satanic.

And now there are even more openly satanic bands, though some from the 80's are still active. I get the impression you don't like it though.

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2016, 3:01 pm

They can do what they want, but the morals that satanic bands push onto kids destroy lives.

WisteriaRaincoat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Feb 2016, 3:10 pm

If i was to sell my sould to the devil for three wishes, i would ask for:

- Infinite knowledge
- Optimal health (by human definition)
- Ability to heal all organisms back to a healthy state

Maybe those.. though to make up a mind on specifics..

But really i don't think i would dare to either way, because you'd never know if he would use your wishes against you and twist them into something sinister, then yould be punished twice over - with your wishes being fulfilled (according to how he defined what your wishes means) and then after when he would have your soul all to himself

frenchmanflats
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 3:04 am

naturalplastic wrote:
So you're asking us what our "price" is?

Your price is your soul. You can have all the riches in the world and two other items but your soul belongs to the devil,

frenchmanflats
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 3:07 am

I would have to ask the devil

1.Infinite Knowledge
1.Unlimited Monetary Wealth
3. Live a long healthy life

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 3:16 am

I don't have a soul.

frenchmanflats
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 3:18 am

Raleigh wrote:
I don't have a soul.

That problem is solved

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 4:25 am

I believe the very existence of the devil is illogical so I don't believe that he exists. So obviously I can't sell my soul to a non-existent being.

frenchmanflats
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 4:32 am

Yigeren wrote:
I believe the very existence of the devil is illogical so I don't believe that he exists. So obviously I can't sell my soul to a non-existent being.

What if he exist would you do it?

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 4:57 am

Nah, I wouldn't want to support a supernatural sociopath in his goals of causing harm to humanity.

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 4:59 am

Yigeren wrote:

yeah actually devil doesn't exist and "soul" doesn't exist. at least according to science. it's impossible to find the word "soul" in any scientific context.

edit: i meant "real science" peer reviewed journals/articles,etc cuz the internet is full of bs.

frenchmanflats
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2016, 5:24 am

awkward facepalm wrote:
Yigeren wrote:

yeah actually devil doesn't exist and "soul" doesn't exist. at least according to science. it's impossible to find the word "soul" in any scientific context.

edit: i meant "real science" peer reviewed journals/articles,etc cuz the internet is full of bs.

But what if he exists will you take his offers? Would you pass it up? I would certainly take it if there were clauses in the contract