Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2016, 12:10 am

NewTime, thank you making this counter thread :)

I have always generally liked old people. There is something safe and relaxing about them (not every single individual of course, but that's the feeling I usually get). I appreciate how they built up the country and developed the society we have now, and I am utterly ashamed and PO'd about how poorly they too often are treated (lack of nursing home places, too low pensions for some, sometimes married couples have been divided because the nursing home only have space for one etc). It's one of the people related issues that gets to me the most.

There are definitely things we (not excluding myself here) could learn from them. Among other things I wish the younger generations had more of some of the values they have, like community spirit and work ethics (again generally speaking).

I have always very much enjoyed listening to old people talking about the olden days, but that generation is long gone in my family, so I only catch the occasional glimpse into the past on TV.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

zzaspergerzz
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Feb 2016, 12:59 am

I'm drawn to men who are much older than me. (I'm female) Older women are usually annoyed by me.

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2016, 1:25 am

zzaspergerzz wrote:
I'm drawn to men who are much older than me. (I'm female) Older women are usually annoyed by me.

I've always been drawn to much older men too.