The Virginia Tech shooter was a freak, NOT AN ASPIE!! !! !! !! !

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

gamefreak
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2007, 7:28 pm

Hey, the jack@$$ had a chance to make friends but he blown it. He was also very irrogent and self-centered.

xboxboy247
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Apr 2007, 7:44 pm

I'll agree with you on that. There's also the possibility that this guy was nuts in the head.

Like discussing Film and Writing?
Go here! http://fwc.eamped.com/

Save The Internet! It's not going to save itself!
http://www.savetheinternet.com/

squier
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2007, 7:53 pm

I think "? kid" cho might have been shcizophrenic

my book:
http://www.lulu.com/content/710903

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

earthdweller
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Apr 2007, 8:39 pm

I just watched the video and observed how he saw the world as hostile but maybe the world is hostile...

Its interesting because people normally do not talk about who they are or what they are doing and that this Cho charactor speaks of this concept with vague ideas of it like "spoiled rich kids" etc..

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2007, 8:55 pm

Why is this in friendship and social interraction?
Also, I do not think one needs to call anyone a 'Freak' . I am sure we don't like it when people call us freaks, and do remember that there are killers who were aspies.
Also, aspies are often seen as self centred due to the absorption in their interests and the lack of empathy for others.

cdmeyer
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Apr 2007, 9:42 pm

do you really want this person to be aspie? think about it if he was theres another reason for people to think we are violent.. he would be yet another person giving us a bad name...

Mitch8817
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2007, 9:48 pm

Nobody is a freak. And what does 'irrogent' mean?

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2007, 9:59 pm

Mitch8817 wrote:
Nobody is a freak. And what does 'irrogent' mean?

Guessing they meant arrogant.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2007, 10:01 pm

cdmeyer wrote:
do you really want this person to be aspie? think about it if he was theres another reason for people to think we are violent.. he would be yet another person giving us a bad name...

Um, I do not see anyone actually saying they want this person to be an aspie...but if he were, not much we could do about it now, is there? I see it as pointless anyway, trying to decide what he was and was not. He is dead now, and it is most likely no-one will ever know for sure.

Mitch8817
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2007, 10:18 pm

He was what he was. If he was an Aspie who cares? If people are ignorant enough to associate one guy who went over the edge with an entire group of people then that's their problem.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2007, 10:25 pm

Mitch8817 wrote:
He was what he was. If he was an Aspie who cares? If people are ignorant enough to associate one guy who went over the edge with an entire group of people then that's their problem.

Agree.

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2007, 11:23 pm

I haven't followed the situation much, but from what I've read of it, it sounded to me like he has a mental illness (or organic brain disorder, which is probably a better name for that). He sounded paranoid, possibly was hallucinating, etc. If so, I don't believe people like that can be blamed for their actions, I think it's just very sad all around.

(Often I wonder how many people with mental illnesses get stuck in prisons because people don't understand or care...I mean how many rational people would CHOOSE to do that kind of thing? Some, I'm sure, but...
I don't know, I'm just rambling...)

earthdweller
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Apr 2007, 1:52 am

First: I never researched behaviors linked to violence like hullicinating etc. I just am guessing at things or don't know.

My thoughts on this is that its easy to analyze the problem with lables. I can be doing the same thing.

But I think that that should be reserved for the preliminary step people make to judge a situation.

Second: Since this autism and schizophrenia thing is popularized in society, I can see lots of clutter around the internet etc. of people, using their intuition like that on this subject matter.

Its also probably strange of me because I seem to look at some things kind of like a natural disaster that either could be linked to other people or the persons psychology themselves when it happens. On many matters like this one, I usually am not just calling someone a psycho.

But there are ways to attempt objectiveness to consider the causes.

Its also an oppertunity for me to really kind of think of things from another point of veiw myself. I often feel that people around me are just one-sided because of the unstable nature of things that they deal with that is their personal responsibility like themselves or of their children etc..

Many things are unstable...

But there is also influences to that as well. What makes me fixated on things / people and what is happening I cannot explain the barrier. But maybe the barrier goes both ways as imaginary and an opportunity to act on things (not saying violently, though).

On a side-note: some people appear to want to consider what his slurred speech had anything to do with his state of mind and it may be alcohol or the fight or flight response or just something as simple as that...

From what I have found of something like schizophrenia, however, is that it makes people so irrational that they don't know how to plan and organize a violent act. People who hear voices land out in the street homeless if nobody supports them and there is almost inevetibleness in them having really poor heigene etc if he was like that. And he was so pre-occupied with his own ego.
I wonder if multiple personality disorder could contribute to something like this.

I do additionally know that he advertised himself as very detactched from him expressing his expected reaction out of people or external things like factual information and events. He was very obsessed. Maybe his mind likes to obssess over things.

Often though, people who are in schizophrenia / delusional obsess over religious phenomena and he seemed very much like an outsider. But the striking thing was that he had feelings which were attached to things that hurt him.

He wasn't just being like "The spirit of "x"/ satan and heaven and hell". He was attaching his emotions to things that he felt overwhelmed him by its vast presence. This wasn't tied to any magical force or mysticsim, it was tied to as he says "spoiled brats", "the world and its wars", and "careless frat people" that don't at all care about anyone but themselves.

Somehow, he felt alienated.. Its like his mind contaminated his well-being because there was no way out. Nobody feels pain and fear and anger like he did. So it was a real world he found and that he pulled things out from externalty. Everything that was real was a fantasy to him. He spoke of his contimanition and the world that hates him... Its not impossible that peoples minds give up on anything meaningful to life so they regress: broken people that bleed vengence.

newchum
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2007, 2:28 am

It was said Cho was diagonsed with autism as a kid, plus his pictures show that typical autistic blank effect. He had other issues besides having some form of ASD.

beautifulspam
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Apr 2007, 5:37 pm

Maybe he was autistic, maybe not. Who cares? AS is a syndrome, not a special club for morally superior.