do you think it creates a nasty backlash?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Feb 2016, 12:16 pm

I was going to do a more bigger rant but I will keep it simple for this threads introduction

Do you agree that feminism creates a nasty backlash towards men?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2016, 2:23 pm

Yes and I also think it creates a backlash against people with disabilities because they're aborting babies with disabilities.

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2016, 4:27 pm

There's no such thing as men's studies at university, but there are women's studies departments that produce papers advocating for women's rights.

If someone was to say they were an MRA they would face ridicule and harassment, even the most outspoken public figures steer clear of calling themselves an MRA but it's pretty mandatory to call yourself a WRA or face being accused of hating women.

Any criticism of feminism is twisted into beimg hatred of women.

A big imbalance.

The media is supposed to be a part of the patriarchy but it criticises MRA's mercilessly (e.g. Saturday night live)
The only criticism of feminism I see is on YouTube by Individuals, - who routinely get accused of hating women.

The average woman is being told that they are hated by men:http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2014/12/06/msnbc_panelist_we_live_in_a_culture_that_hates_women.html

So of course there is going to be a backlash on an everyday level.

Also bear in mind that the lady on the right is supporting and complimenting the lady on the left for writing an article about something that turned out to be a false allegation.

If the problem of sexual assault on campus was so bad they could have easily found a real victim. Official stats say that rape is far less likely in a college than the outside world.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2016, 4:53 pm

Until women understand and accept their (lesser) place, of course there's going to be backlash. :lol:

You guys are hilarious, you really are. I know you don't mean to be, but that's one of the things that make you so funny. Anyway thanks for the giggles today, this was fun to come back to after a long weekend of vintage Nintendo and LOTR DVDs. Whenever I'm away I can always count on fun posts like this to come back to. :thumright:

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2016, 5:28 pm

I feel that many who call themselves "feminists" are also misandrists. They are for women certainly, but also against men.

I believe true feminists are for the rights of women, but not only for women's rights, and certainly not at the expense of the rights of others.

I think we should all be focused on having equal rights for everyone. Unfortunately, it seems that many groups with an agenda also seem to be bigoted towards other groups and are willing to deprive them of their rights in order to get what they want.

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2016, 6:47 pm

Agreed

I'm posting this link again because it's so important:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/ ... women.html

This is setting up hatred, for a divide and conquer society.