Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Dr_Manhattan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Mar 2016, 12:22 pm

Does anyone know where I can find knowledge on computer science? I want to work with computers(coding) and I want some good, solid teaching that I can follow along with. They have Treehouse and Codecademy, but I want more. Trying to work with Ubuntu Linux, some other ones I can't remember.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2016, 9:41 pm

Github

GitHub launched a new program called the GitHub Student Developer Pack to give students free access to popular development tools and services. GitHub partnered with Bitnami, Crowdflower, DigitalOcean, DNSimple, HackHands, Namecheap, Orchestrate, Screenhero, SendGrid, Stripe, Travis CI and Unreal Engine to launch the program

Stack-exchange
MIT has some great content online

redbrick1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Mar 2016, 3:15 pm

If your have an android phone (it may be on the iphone)..I used learn python and learn c++ app, both are pretty interactive and the c++ has videos associated with three modules.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 5:54 pm

redbrick1 wrote:
If your have an android phone (it may be on the iphone)..I used learn python and learn c++ app, both are pretty interactive and the c++ has videos associated with three modules.

i like your avatar pic....it's DOPE :!:

redbrick1
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Mar 2016, 10:09 pm

Yep, I think so.

lorkaan
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Mar 2016, 5:36 pm

I use Codeacademy to learn some programming and VisualGo for some basic algorithms, more advanced stuff comes after that and you can just start googling the language name or the algorithm name (in the case of algorithms, it may be easier to google the task you are trying to complete).

Dr_Manhattan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Apr 2016, 1:59 pm

Thanks, guys. I checked out GitHub, pretty cool. I'm currently using Codecademy, making progress on Javascript. Trying to learn HTML, jQuery, and Python. The end goal is to code in Ubuntu Linux, but one step at a time. :)