Veteran

09 Mar 2016, 10:00 pm

The following game site boards seemed rude in some way

Destiny
Pokemon
Fire Emblem
Game FAQ's
Zelda

(All game series I enjoy yet the boards are IMO toxic and rude people) Zelda board called me drunk! Others saying about my posts OMG! not sure how to reply. Uh don't think my grammar or what I said/say is that confusing SHEESH!

Fire Emblem = BITCHING THE NEW GAME SUCKS!

Destiny/Zelda/Pokemon/GameFAQs = called drunk or uh how to reply to your post is giving me a headache etc.

Which IMO demeans my intelligence. Which I HATE!

But The Monster Hunter reddit is SUPER NICE! Vets that are encouraging to battle onward past the "Toad" monster and they don't mind me not knowing the fancy names. etc. I've asked questions about japan merchandise or what gameplay mechanics from other games they don't want Monster Hunter to use. Fun conversational questions that keep me socially engaged talking about a game series I enjoy.

I know I'm NO Vet! 5 hrs. into the game vs. 500+ for some fans who have play since early 2000's PS2 days but I'm happy to hear from Vets and where the series came from how it has evolved for the better etc.

All great conversations!

Hope to stick with the board and the series moving forward (or at least this great community is helping me want to stick it out) vs. giving up Why the f**k do I play *insert series* if I don't have any fans to chat about it!

I have no real life gaming friends so gaming message boards are all I have and I hate the some times TOXIC communities of gamers who are RUDE and MEAN!

Thanks WP for listening!

SparkyCosmos
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Mar 2016, 10:29 pm

Yeah, the toxic and rude people in video game communities is pretty much why I never interact with gamers. I remember in high school we had a gaming club, and almost all of the people there were actually nice. I say almost because it's a (unfortunate) rule that there always has to be a jerk amongst all of the nice people.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2016, 11:42 pm

It's great that there's a nice gaming site out there. I'm glad you found that diamond in the rough of gaming sites. :)

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2016, 11:36 am

With Pokemon I was a little rambly about my excitement and love for the original Pokemon games and post BLOCKED it wasn't relevant! WHAT?! On a Pokemon message board talking about your interest (in any of the games) "isn't relevant???" That made ZERO sense to me!! !!

Also while I love Fire Emblem the overall negativeness of the latest game Awakening is shocking! Oh it's not a true Fire Emblem game! Uh yes it is! It has the same type of gameplay!

You can dislike a game in a series without tossing so much hate towards the newest or a certain one (The Zelda message boards across the internet are World War 3) LOL!

SparkyCosmos
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Mar 2016, 12:25 pm

I think the hatred directed at Awakening is going to start to die down now that Fates is out. Now get ready for people saying how Awakening was the best in the series while Fates is completely awful. Same thing with Legend of Zelda, once we finally get Zelda Wii U everyone will hate that and praise Skyward Sword. It's apparently some kind of unwritten rule that you are only allowed to like one game in a series, and you have to hate on everything else.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2016, 12:58 pm

SparkyCosmos wrote:
I think the hatred directed at Awakening is going to start to die down now that Fates is out. Now get ready for people saying how Awakening was the best in the series while Fates is completely awful. Same thing with Legend of Zelda, once we finally get Zelda Wii U everyone will hate that and praise Skyward Sword. It's apparently some kind of unwritten rule that you are only allowed to like one game in a series, and you have to hate on everything else.

True I see that a lot with games that have a long history such as Zelda and Fire Emblem. I don't think any Zelda fan or gamer will get over the annoying motion controls of SS IMO. I say we could see a button HD NX version before that system ends its lifecycle (I know its not out but we got OoT/MM/WW/TP next is a button useable SS). (It had framerate issues and the graphics were flat (crawling through tunnels so a SUPED UP HD! version would do it wonders.

I find it refreshing so far IMO the Monster Hunter board isn't WW3. Everyone can talk about differences of the different games vs. OMG! WW3. :-)

SparkyCosmos
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Mar 2016, 1:13 pm

You should see the Final Fantasy fanbase. It's like a constant nuclear apocalypse there.

But yeah, the MH fanbase actually sounds refreshing, and right now I am kicking myself for not buying one of the MH games when I had the chance. I think it was MH 3 Ultimate, and it was only 10 dollars. Still, a video game discussion board where people aren't debating over which game is better and instead being constructive sounds like paradise.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2016, 3:54 pm

SparkyCosmos wrote:
You should see the Final Fantasy fanbase. It's like a constant nuclear apocalypse there.

But yeah, the MH fanbase actually sounds refreshing, and right now I am kicking myself for not buying one of the MH games when I had the chance. I think it was MH 3 Ultimate, and it was only 10 dollars. Still, a video game discussion board where people aren't debating over which game is better and instead being constructive sounds like paradise.

Oh GOD!! ! FF boards or gaming boards that diverge a topic to the FF series = rioting "in the streets" (on the board or board topic) (Kind of like those fantasy ogre wars) THAT IS THE FF DEBATES! I just take every game at face value in that series some main line number entries I like others I don't and I'm willing to give 15 a chance no problem. :-)

SparkyCosmos
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

10 Mar 2016, 6:42 pm

I like all of the FF games, but my favorite is 8. I think if I said that on a FF board it would be the equivalent of covering myself in sugar and sitting down on an ant hill. And I think I'm going to give 15 a chance as well, though I want to play 13 first.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2016, 10:43 pm

I was all excited (much like the Pokemon example) and someone joked take a shot with every WOW! (I put like 4-5 OMG! I had JUST BEATEN a tough dragon and IT CLICKED I understood the gameplay mechanics and how to be a better hunter (player!) They said enjoy the hunt etc. Glad to see another person CLICK! etc.

Far cry from OMG! drunk (Zelda board) or the negativeness of GameFAQs or a lot of Pokemon boards (Pokemon of all things I figured would have a GREAT Positive community WRONG!) Competitive scene has taken hold and people just talk breeding. :-(

Monster Hunter IS a multiplayer series perhaps I can find some friends to play with and be social that way. Find others to "hunt" with me. :-) (A lot of vets are willing to help noobs etc.) VERY GREAT NICE! Community!