Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

0regonGuy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2016, 8:10 pm

Riik wrote:
Haircuts are a big no.

Without fail, some of the removed hair always finds its way to my neck and even a long shower can't stop the next few days being uncomfortable (and the next t-shirt I wear being itchy for about a month regardless of how often it's washed in that time frame).

I always change my clothes and take a shower as soon as I get home from the barber. Even if I just took one before going. That usually takes care of the problem.

Riik
Toucan
Toucan

15 Mar 2016, 8:14 pm

0regonGuy wrote:
Riik wrote:
Haircuts are a big no.

Without fail, some of the removed hair always finds its way to my neck and even a long shower can't stop the next few days being uncomfortable (and the next t-shirt I wear being itchy for about a month regardless of how often it's washed in that time frame).

I always change my clothes and take a shower as soon as I get home from the barber. Even if I just took one before going. That usually takes care of the problem.

Most of my haircuts were done by my mother, so I didn't need to change clothes because I already had my shirt off and took showers/baths right after and it didn't help.

A life without tea is a life not worth living.
Latest Aspie Quiz: AS - 151, NT - 38 / RAADS-R: 195 / AQ: 38

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2016, 8:14 pm

0regonGuy wrote:
Riik wrote:
Haircuts are a big no.

They put a little paper collar on you at my place, it's fantastic, you get to look like a priest but without all the mortal sin stuff. oh and it prevents any loose and stray hairs.

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2016, 8:35 pm

^ :twisted: That's the dream!

tatals
Raven
Raven

15 Mar 2016, 10:35 pm

I actually enjoy having my hair cut. But I hate when the hairstylist wants to talk. This is one of the few situations when I'm relieved to be in a crowded environment. When there are other people, they can talk among themselves and forget I'm there.

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2016, 10:42 pm

Sorry to keep bigging up my hair guy, but he barely talks, and when he does we talk about important stuff and not the weather. For example we spoke about the chances of old hilary and sanders for the democrat nomination, and we are in Scotland, it sure as hell beats the weather or where I am going on holiday(nowhere as usual).

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2016, 10:45 am

Yeah, conversation is difficult. I always feel like I should be talking, but don't know what to say.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2016, 11:46 am

I'm okay with haircuts, but they are far from my favorite thing. The conversation is what I find the most difficult and I find it hard to engage in casual conversation while having my hair cut.

MissAlgernon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Mar 2016, 12:11 pm

I usually hate strangers touching me but curiously, I love haircuts and hair brushing. I could spend hours like that, it'd almost manage to make me purr :mrgreen:

I'm not good at conversations though. I never know what to say.

muffinhead
Toucan
Toucan

16 Mar 2016, 12:17 pm

I can't stand them, but mainly for non-sensory issues. I hate having a kempt look to my hair, and also want long hair. I haven't had my hair cut in about 9 months, so that's coming along. On the social side of it, I feel very uncomfortable talking to a stranger, so I usually just keep quiet, say "thank you very much" afterwards, and leave. Furthermore, I dislike the itchy sensation of having fragments of hair on my skin. Apparently, when I was younger , I hated haircuts and cried when I got them. It seems I have learned how to tolerate them since then.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2016, 4:05 pm

Haircuts have always really annoyed me, but at least it's better then having to comb my hair every morning.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 1:00 am

haven't had one since 2013. before then I gave them to myself via a flowbee device, to make sure it was done right. they were something I tolerated. now I just let it grow, it stops by itself when it wants to.

DaughterOfAule
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Mar 2016, 1:46 am

MissAlgernon wrote:
I usually hate strangers touching me but curiously, I love haircuts and hair brushing. I could spend hours like that, it'd almost manage to make me purr :mrgreen:

I'm not good at conversations though. I never know what to say.

I'm the same way! I don't like physical contact but I like when people play with my hair, my friend likes to put it into all sorts of wonky hairstyles.

Haircuts weren't too bad for me, though I was always afraid they'd cut my ears and I despised the cape thing being clasped around my neck :x I would keep keep my hand between the cape and my neck and it still felt like I was suffocating. I once had a hairdresser that was being a jerk and wouldn't loosen it and I ended up crying a bit until my mom noticed and had her loosen it. I keep my hair very long now and I trim it myself if need be.

On a side note, that cat gif is somewhat mesmerizing 8O

"I do not wish to evade the world
Yet I will forever build my own" - Tuomas Holopainen

Last edited by DaughterOfAule on 17 Mar 2016, 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 1:51 am

My mom has always trimmed my hair. When I was little trying to get a barber to do it was impossible. I might be able to handle it now, but just barely. I'd rather not give it a try.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2016, 2:01 am

I haven't had a professional haircut in about 10 years. I prefer not to let strangers touch my hair, and I hate the shampooing process. It makes my neck cold.

tatals
Raven
Raven

17 Mar 2016, 11:11 am

Something that bothers me is the temperature of the water during the washing process.