Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Bedard
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Mar 2016, 10:48 am

Hi all-

I am a psychologist working in Fort Collins, Colorado. My colleague and I are writing a book about getting students with ASD from middle school to college. Our clients have been asking questions about IEPs, college selection, etc, and our publisher believes this is worthy of a book. My co-author and I believe this is a book that needs to have a strong voice of people who live on the spectrum, and less of a professional voice.

This is where you come in: We are looking for 27 people (3 per chapter) to write their life narratives as it relates to college. We will provide writing questions to provide structure (but not constrain you). You would write 1700-2100 words (about 5-6 pages in a book) about your experiences, what you learned, if you would try the same approach, etc.

You would be published (!) and help to guide the next round of Aspies to college. We can't pay you $, but we do get to give you a copy of the published book.

As a new member to this site (previously a visitor, but not posting), I'm not allowed to add a URL. (Honestly, you can google me, and find the blog posting about this project, too. I'm legit, but also need to follow the rules here.)

We are looking to sort out who will be writing for us, and start collecting submissions by mid-April. We are looking for high quality writing. We are also looking for the multiple perspectives that emerge from a family. For example, our parents work hard to secure an IEP, and then our clients pretty much don't follow the IEP, or hate it, and then sometimes wish they had that support later. We would want multiple perspectives shared in your narrative.

(As an aside, we are mid-way through another book, with a similar format, and those parents can't wait to hear what you folks have to say about college. Your voice is requested, urgently, from our clients.)

Thanks!

Rachel

Last edited by B19 on 19 Mar 2016, 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.: hotmail address deleted

B19
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2016, 1:46 pm

No permission from site owner has been granted for this solicitation.