Page 4 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

JoeMan21
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Apr 2007, 11:53 am

my friends see me as insecure normally and when im drunk they say im goofy and insane because i always end up breaking everything in the room till its just a box of broken stuff.

Litguy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2007, 1:07 pm

Wolfpup wrote:
I don't do too much stuff like that...well, sometimes, but it's usually in more complex or new situations. I always kind of took it as a law whatever my mom said growing up, so if anything I'm kind of hyper vigilant about making sure nobody says something mean to a waiter or other person serving you. I get VERY uncomfortable if someone breaks that rule.
Good for you. I try to be like that, but my "self-censor" fails me far too often.

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2007, 1:30 pm

Litguy wrote:
Wolfpup wrote:
I don't do too much stuff like that...well, sometimes, but it's usually in more complex or new situations. I always kind of took it as a law whatever my mom said growing up, so if anything I'm kind of hyper vigilant about making sure nobody says something mean to a waiter or other person serving you. I get VERY uncomfortable if someone breaks that rule.
Good for you. I try to be like that, but my "self-censor" fails me far too often.

I annoyed my ex-girlfriend though, because I'd always be polite to a waitress and give her an exactly 15% tip regardless of how she was, 'cause that's what you're supposed to do :D (Plus I'm scared of confrontations, so that probably doesn't help...)

Ferris
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Apr 2007, 9:31 pm

I dunno, but I've been called interesting, mysterious, weird, stoner, 'just a friend :roll: ' and god knows what else. I think that you're going to be looked at in a unique way by every person. If you're looking for a specific response, then you just need to remember the law of chance.

Litguy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2007, 9:35 pm

Wolfpup wrote:
Litguy wrote:
Wolfpup wrote:

I annoyed my ex-girlfriend though, because I'd always be polite to a waitress and give her an exactly 15% tip regardless of how she was, 'cause that's what you're supposed to do :D (Plus I'm scared of confrontations, so that probably doesn't help...)
Yes, not so much with tipping, but with a lot of other things, I feel they need to be done just so. If the least little thing goes wrong, like one of my kids was allowed to "miss" when they were potty training (both very late), I would get all bent out of shape that all the gains would go down the tubes.

I was wrong, of course, but the next time I would do the same thing.

Supernootz
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 May 2007, 1:08 am

I've been called a whole bunch of stuff:

Weirdo
Crazy
Genius

Take your pic, they're probably all right. What they don't know is why, and I won't tell!

Shelby
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 May 2007, 5:51 am

I think I pass for "normal" but I'm quite certain people think I'm "not all there." I think a couple of my friends have noticed that if they are sitting directly opposite me I will look in every other direction so I won't have to look directly at them. Domineering people tend to realize they can walk over me and take advantage. When I was younger people were put off by my obsessiveness over certain subjects, I've since learned to hide them.

babaji
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 May 2007, 5:56 am

most of the NT boys are mostly intimidated by me, but i never behave in that way..i am very polite to everyone.Nearly all the boys in my class are scared of me, both intellectually and physically...they think i have some secret power hidden in me(i have heard many boys warn others to stay away from me cause i am very dangerous)..i donno why, cause i am very peaceful guy and never fought with anyone. But the NT girls think completely different of me...most of them think i am the most sensible guy they met in their life...and they all think i am very old even though i am from the same age group. They always trust me and come to me for opinion(both technical and personal).
Ha great combination i think, NT boys scared of me... NT girls like me, you would think i have n number of girl friends, but no..i don't have a single girl friend.

I thought what i'd do was, i'd would pretend i was one of those deaf-mutes

Wolfpup
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2007, 9:37 am

I just remembered that I had my fourth grade *TEACHER* call my "The Absent Minded Professor". I was horrified, but I was kind of seen as smart but a bit out of it back then.

newaspie
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 May 2007, 9:50 am

Usually when first meeting new people, they think I am friendly, nice, personable, but usually in a relatively short period of time, they start seeing me as incredibly weird, different, and seem to be highly offended at my objectiveness, honesty and over-willingness to question everything. Some seem very intimidated and threatened by my openness about myself and my willingness to speak my mind.

And I agree with earlier posts about women being vicious. Before I knew I was aspie, I didn't get it. I thought I was being nice, honest, loyal but seem to get horrible reactions from other women and never could understand why they didn't like me... I think in part it's cuz I didn't play or understand the "game" the way most women do and don't have any of the "normal" characteristics in personality as other women. I also get along better with men as well.

When I was younger I got along with and felt more in tune with other adults. I never reached out to or paid attention much to other kids, unless it was in a rote way, looking at and studying them as though they were another species (or actually usually thinking it was ME that was another species).

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2007, 10:00 am

It depends on the NT in question. Most like me but the occasional one really seems to object to me in some way.