Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

CarDoge
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Apr 2016, 7:15 am

So Ive had a family member or two talking me into this site. So I caved, and decided to start to lurk for a few days. That said, here I am.
I'm a level 2 Lexus mechanic, been working with cars since probably 18, and working in the automotive field since 19. I have also been building a track car for a year or so.
I go to concerts, raves, and whatever other things my friends and I decide to get into. I shoot a bow and arrow and work out every now and then, but whatever remaining energy I have goes to other car stuff, relaxing, and the other randomness my friends and I get into.
I was diagnosed with PDDNOS with ADHD features at a pretty young age. Everyone said I'd "grow out of it".... nope.
my group of friends has gotten quite a bit smaller for a lot of weird reasons, but im guessing also because of my weird self too. Did end up being for the better a decent portion of the time haha.
So that being said, I decided I'd just try this and see what happens, so yeah. What's up?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2016, 7:48 am

I suck at mechanics

But Welcome, nevertheless.

It's a great skill to have---being able to fix a car.

Were you thinking about Marco Polo when you thought up your screen name?

A "doge" was a ruler in medieval Venice.

Gaviamer
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Apr 2016, 8:18 am

Hey. Hope u like it here. Even if you don't post much it's nice to hang around. I have a horrible sense of mechanics but my best friend back in Maine is a total gearhead. We'd spend countless hours "modifying" old trucks then go break them while f*****g around in the woods.lol. all the engines, transmissions,axles,doors etc I've swapped and tinkered on I was always best at running it into the ground. Are you a bow hunter? Compound? Traditional? I always wanted to get into recurve "bowing"

Gematron
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Apr 2016, 4:18 pm

Love the hobbies you got there. Pretty Awesome. Hope you like it here on Wrong Planet. Hope you get to make some great friends here!

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2016, 4:28 pm

Welcome to WP!

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2016, 8:14 pm

Hey CarDoge welcome. :sunny:

CarDoge
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Apr 2016, 8:29 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I suck at mechanics

But Welcome, nevertheless.

It's a great skill to have---being able to fix a car.

Were you thinking about Marco Polo when you thought up your screen name?

A "doge" was a ruler in medieval Venice.

No I was was thinking of the shiba inu with the weird face that was made into a meme. But I guess you learn something new everyday. Hah

CarDoge
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Apr 2016, 8:30 pm

RoadRatt wrote:
Hey CarDoge welcome. :sunny:

Thanks!

CarDoge
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Apr 2016, 8:33 pm

TheAP wrote:
Welcome to WP!

Thanks!

CarDoge
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Apr 2016, 8:50 pm

Gaviamer wrote:
Hey. Hope u like it here. Even if you don't post much it's nice to hang around. I have a horrible sense of mechanics but my best friend back in Maine is a total gearhead. We'd spend countless hours "modifying" old trucks then go break them while f*****g around in the woods.lol. all the engines, transmissions,axles,doors etc I've swapped and tinkered on I was always best at running it into the ground. Are you a bow hunter? Compound? Traditional? I always wanted to get into recurve "bowing"

Oh nice! That sounds pretty rad! My friends and I basically mess mess with cars, specifically Toyota's and Honda's because that's what we specialized in. And I don't hunt. I do shoot a recurve, it's a whole thing but it's fun. Just find a legit now shop and can help you pick the right one or whatever you wanna call it

CarDoge
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 Apr 2016, 8:51 pm

Gematron wrote:
Love the hobbies you got there. Pretty Awesome. Hope you like it here on Wrong Planet. Hope you get to make some great friends here!

Thanks man! We'll see how it goes?