Probably not the best plan.

Thanks for sticking by me, calandale. :) You're a good friend.[/quote]

I like you and Flagg both. I don't want to see the two
of you in a flame war.

Flagg
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2007, 3:26 am

Perky is good, you are beyond that and into OCD and ADD.

2. Being rich doesn't mean you have to be materialist. I'm from the upper crust myself and my only ambition is a PHD in Philosophy.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2007, 3:27 am

calandale wrote:
Lightning88 wrote:
Probably not the best plan.

Thanks for sticking by me, calandale. :) You're a good friend.

I like you and Flagg both. I don't want to see the two
of you in a flame war.[/quote]
Trust me, the last thing I want to be in is a flame war! I just wish that some people would be nicer to me. It seems as if some people on here (I'm just talking about random members here) have turned into the very thing we hate, bullies. Especally when it comes to making fun of NTs. We're all people anyway, regardless of if we AS, autistic, normal, or what.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2007, 3:28 am

Lightning88 wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
Lightning88 wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
Lightning88 wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
Lightning88 wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
Lightning88 wrote:
Is it just me or does my house seem really large? Then again, it is 5,600 sq ft...

And your point is? Truly...who cares? I mean, you seem to have an unhealthy obsession with how large peoples houses are. I am more interested in personality and humbleness than the size of peoples' houses.

I'm seeing a hint of jealousy. I actually want to design custom homes when I'm older and I'm trying to learn all I can. I want to design big, nice ones since that's what I've always lived in. After all, homes are for impression, not for expression. It's a quote I greatly live by.

Ahahahha. I have no jealousy of material things. Your belief that anyone would be jealous of such things is just a reflection of your own shallowness.

Okay, that was just rude. For your information, this is what I've lived with my entire life. They're the only things I can look to since my life otherwise sucks. Believe it or not, they've helped me see the positives of things. Maybe you should try that. Unless your happy with the way your life is going, that is.

Exactly. How is basing your happiness on material things going to get you through? Shouldn't you be looking to altering the other parts rather than relying on this ? Myself? Who is ever happy, but the key to it is not focussing on external factors for happiness...

I've gone through some really hard times in my life. My family is just awful, I've been harrassed to the point where I'll feel like I'm having heart-attacks if I hear it, and yet I'm still positive. You know why? Because materialistic things is all I have. My mom buys me off to get me out of her hair, as well as my dad. I'm not by any means spoiled though. I'm neglected more than anything. So I look at what I do have in life.

Yeah, but you surely can see your worth inside, and if not, maybe you need to hunt it down a little more then the material side of things just wont be so important. I don't know, I hit a point where I had to do some major soul seeking as my mother did what you describe...she would buy things...hell, she even competed with my dad to see if she could get the most love. She still does it, then moans about it lol. I realised...hell, I don't want to be like her, and the way I am going, I will be exactly like her. You can learn to be positive through other things to... believe me, if you look around...sounds cliche, but true.

My parents are both very successful business executives (Mom's a CPA and a manager while my dad's a CEO) and I aspire to be like them when it comes to lifestyle. Even if I don't get along with them all the time and the fact that my mom's in the process of suing my dad as I speak. :wink: Then again, she's also suing the company that built this house, this guy that crashed into her, that guy's insurance company. I don't know, it's a looong story. But even though they have a trillion negatives, I guess I've always leaned toward the good things that have happened and put more focus on those. Honestly, if I didn't have the lifestyle I do have, I could very well be dead right now. I did used to think about suicide until I realized I have too much good in my life to just give up. I'm past that stage now. Since I've moved, things have made a complete turn around for me.

Well, I guess in the end then, you have to strive for what makes you happy, but try and remember that some of the other young members on this board don't have the same advantages and might feel a little bad seeing how much you have and what they don't have...of course, you aren't responsible for their feelings but its worth remembering.

Cheerlessleader
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2007, 3:28 am

We seem to be getting a little off-topic here :roll:
Nevertheless,
Kitchen
"New room" (an extention we built about 14 years ago)
Bedroom
Ensuite bathroom
Loungeroom
Bedroom
Bedroom
Bedroom
Spare bedroom
Bathroom

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2007, 3:30 am

My God, that quote string was a long one.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2007, 3:30 am

Flagg wrote:
Perky is good, you are beyond that and into OCD and ADD.

2. Being rich doesn't mean you have to be materialist. I'm from the upper crust myself and my only ambition is a PHD in Philosophy.

1. I can't help it if I'm positive. That's much better than being cynical and negative all the time like a lot of people these days. If you don't like it, then don't read my comments.
2. Yes, but as I've stated, that's all I really have in life and that's what I lean toward. And I do wish you luck with that PHD. I really do.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2007, 3:33 am

Graelwyn wrote:
Lightning88 wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
Lightning88 wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
Lightning88 wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
Lightning88 wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
Lightning88 wrote:
Is it just me or does my house seem really large? Then again, it is 5,600 sq ft...

And your point is? Truly...who cares? I mean, you seem to have an unhealthy obsession with how large peoples houses are. I am more interested in personality and humbleness than the size of peoples' houses.

I'm seeing a hint of jealousy. I actually want to design custom homes when I'm older and I'm trying to learn all I can. I want to design big, nice ones since that's what I've always lived in. After all, homes are for impression, not for expression. It's a quote I greatly live by.

Ahahahha. I have no jealousy of material things. Your belief that anyone would be jealous of such things is just a reflection of your own shallowness.

Okay, that was just rude. For your information, this is what I've lived with my entire life. They're the only things I can look to since my life otherwise sucks. Believe it or not, they've helped me see the positives of things. Maybe you should try that. Unless your happy with the way your life is going, that is.

Exactly. How is basing your happiness on material things going to get you through? Shouldn't you be looking to altering the other parts rather than relying on this ? Myself? Who is ever happy, but the key to it is not focussing on external factors for happiness...

I've gone through some really hard times in my life. My family is just awful, I've been harrassed to the point where I'll feel like I'm having heart-attacks if I hear it, and yet I'm still positive. You know why? Because materialistic things is all I have. My mom buys me off to get me out of her hair, as well as my dad. I'm not by any means spoiled though. I'm neglected more than anything. So I look at what I do have in life.

Yeah, but you surely can see your worth inside, and if not, maybe you need to hunt it down a little more then the material side of things just wont be so important. I don't know, I hit a point where I had to do some major soul seeking as my mother did what you describe...she would buy things...hell, she even competed with my dad to see if she could get the most love. She still does it, then moans about it lol. I realised...hell, I don't want to be like her, and the way I am going, I will be exactly like her. You can learn to be positive through other things to... believe me, if you look around...sounds cliche, but true.

My parents are both very successful business executives (Mom's a CPA and a manager while my dad's a CEO) and I aspire to be like them when it comes to lifestyle. Even if I don't get along with them all the time and the fact that my mom's in the process of suing my dad as I speak. :wink: Then again, she's also suing the company that built this house, this guy that crashed into her, that guy's insurance company. I don't know, it's a looong story. But even though they have a trillion negatives, I guess I've always leaned toward the good things that have happened and put more focus on those. Honestly, if I didn't have the lifestyle I do have, I could very well be dead right now. I did used to think about suicide until I realized I have too much good in my life to just give up. I'm past that stage now. Since I've moved, things have made a complete turn around for me.

Well, I guess in the end then, you have to strive for what makes you happy, but try and remember that some of the other young members on this board don't have the same advantages and might feel a little bad seeing how much you have and what they don't have...of course, you aren't responsible for their feelings but its worth remembering.

I know. But maybe if I'm lucky, I'm empowering them to become more successful as they get older. For instance, there's this one boy I talk to on my bus and he says I've inspired him to become more ambitious in life since he's seen the advantages to it just from hearing it from me and actually coming over. Hopefully people here will understand that as well. But don't worry, I do see exactly where you're coming from. :)

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

I suppose...without conflict, we would have peace, but with constant peace, would we really learn all that much about our differences and the different ways of seeing things, different motivations etc etc? Just a thought... not rooms tho, lol. As you know, I rent a room. I have what I need here. My main priority was having space for my books and things and being near the local parks and town as I don't drive...to me, just a large room with it's own bathroom, in the middle of town, is heaven to me now. You learn to value so much more when you went from an upper middle class upbringing to lower class( we still have somewhat of a class system here in the uk too) and lived in one room with a chronic hoarder for over 5 years. It means that just simple things mean that much more.

Last edited by Graelwyn on 25 Apr 2007, 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

My mom lives in a barn - literally.
My folks dismantled a barn and moved it
on top of a mountain.

It has one main room (kitchen, living room, dining room all combined)
4 bdrms, 3 baths, laundry room/pantry, mudroom and a lot of bats

The basement is where they lock me when I'm there.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2007, 3:34 am

Graelwyn wrote:
My God, that quote string was a long one.

I'll say! I don't think I've really seen any too much longer! 8O

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2007, 3:38 am

Graelwyn wrote:
I suppose...without conflict, we would have peace, but with constant peace, would we really learn all that much about our differences and the different ways of seeing things, different motivations etc etc? Just a thought... not rooms tho, lol. As you know, I rent a room. I have what I need here. My main priority was having space for my books and things and being near the local parks and town as I don't drive...to me, just a large room with it's own bathroom, in the middle of town, is heaven to me now.

I'm glad you're happy and you've made your room home! I'm actually in my bedroom all the time since nearly everything I need is in here (except for a toilet lol). I don't really like going downstairs since the dogs will bark their heads off. I've actually become a bit afraid of going into the kitchen during the day because Winston, my white Pomeranian, gets very territorial if I go near the laundry room, which is where his crate is. Problem is, the pantry's right across from it! You're so lucky you don't have any barking, growling dogs! My mom loves that dog and won't believe me when I tell her. She's even said she loves him more than me.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2007, 3:39 am

calandale wrote:
My mom lives in a barn - literally.
My folks dismantled a barn and moved it
on top of a mountain.

It has one main room (kitchen, living room, dining room all combined)
4 bdrms, 3 baths, laundry room/pantry, mudroom and a lot of bats

The basement is where they lock me when I'm there.

Heh, bats are cool. Sometimes we get them in the woods behind our house. Lately, though, we've been getting tons of owls. Anyway, hopefully what they have at that barn is a finished basement!

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2007, 3:41 am

Lightning88 wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:
I suppose...without conflict, we would have peace, but with constant peace, would we really learn all that much about our differences and the different ways of seeing things, different motivations etc etc? Just a thought... not rooms tho, lol. As you know, I rent a room. I have what I need here. My main priority was having space for my books and things and being near the local parks and town as I don't drive...to me, just a large room with it's own bathroom, in the middle of town, is heaven to me now.

I'm glad you're happy and you've made your room home! I'm actually in my bedroom all the time since nearly everything I need is in here (except for a toilet lol). I don't really like going downstairs since the dogs will bark their heads off. I've actually become a bit afraid of going into the kitchen during the day because Winston, my white Pomeranian, gets very territorial if I go near the laundry room, which is where his crate is. Problem is, the pantry's right across from it! You're so lucky you don't have any barking, growling dogs! My mom loves that dog and won't believe me when I tell her. She's even said she loves him more than me.

I don't miss having to go elsewhere in the house to use the toilet... I would often hold on for hours just to avoid having to move my lazy backside. :lol:

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2007, 3:42 am

Graelwyn wrote:
Lightning88 wrote:
Graelwyn wrote:

I don't miss having to go elsewhere in the house to use the toilet... I would often hold on for hours just to avoid having to move my lazy backside. :lol:

lol I hear you! I've learned to hold it for hours since I hate having to use public restrooms. Now I'm just used to it. Plus I don't drink or eat a whole lot either, so it's all good!

Last edited by Lightning88 on 25 Apr 2007, 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2007, 3:42 am

Lightning88 wrote:
Anyway, hopefully what they have at that barn is a finished basement!

Naw. Bare concrete floor. The dog and I share it.
Used to be where my dad was banished.

It's really my choice though. It's just a
better way to hide from people.

Plus, it's the only place in the house with a table
big enough for me.