Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2016, 10:21 pm

So the last week I was looking over my personal and political values and found out that my values are actually very liberal. I was always trying to keep with the right-wing conservative values of my youth, but like many young adults "grow out" of their religious faith, I seem like I don't mold with the right-wing beliefs of my parents.

What are these broad personal and political values I realized I believe in?

> I believe in economic opportunities for every person regardless of socio-economic background.
> I believe that our governments have a global cooperative responsibility to protect the Earth.
> I believe in fighting for civil rights for all people.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2016, 10:44 pm

It's always hard to buck one's upbringing, I applaud you for the courage it takes to do so-- I'd say that even if you switched from liberal to conservative because social upbringing is very hard to shake. Realize that posting here is going to open you up to attack-- about politics of course, so be prepared. I'm glad you found political values that resonate with you and not just to please someone else.

killerBunny
Raven
Raven

10 Apr 2016, 8:36 pm

The conservative liberal spectrum is supposed to be economic in nature. Morals shouldn't be mixed in but unfortunately the world is full of morlocks and the terms have been hijacked.

right and left it would appear most people do not vote for their own interests. Most people have no idea what is going. I can't really blame them. Like asking an ant colony to eat the food you place outside instead of the kitchen.

I wouldn't worry too much.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2016, 9:08 am

I don't see anything wrong with the values you espouse, Mr. Kelly.