Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2016, 3:32 pm

I like make up but can't wear everything because of skin allergies. I don't know what triggers it really. No foundation or occasionally low coverage bb cream. I put more sunscreen (that gives pretty skin btw). I don't very much know how to blend shadows, but ivory/salmon/peach looks ok on me. I put eyeliner a lot, in brown or slightly reddish brown. I avoid mascara as it's uncomfortable, but if I put some it's brown, black is too much. And I like lipstick, in coral/peach/brownish. Warm natural colors in fact. No fave brand, like I don't know many anyway, and lots of them do bb creams that are too dark, and eyeliner too dark. So it's when I find one that fits. I don't like to buy stuff like that online but there were brands for redheads that had just what I needed and I have no complaint.

"Ever since I was a child, I’ve never allowed myself to get too close to people. I’ve avoided emotional attachment. Perhaps I’ve been so afraid of death and dying that any connection just seemed like a bad thing, something that wouldn’t last." Dana Scully - Christmas Carol.

goofygoobers
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2016, 9:05 am

I enjoy wearing it, and I've worn it outside the house since I was 13. I played in children's makeup sets as a child, so I had a little knowledge on applying makeup before my mom let me wear it to school. I never got makeup advice from youtube videos, but I did get advice from gossip magazines (My mom bought them a lot as a kid. They're good to pass the time when you're pooping. :lol:) and my mom (she's a cosmetologist). I usually do basic stuff, so you won't ever see me with overlined lips and a contoured face. I can't wait until those trends die. But anyways, I used to wear more eye makeup as a teenager, but now I'm usually too lazy to apply it except for a little eyeshadow and mascara. I've realized that adding a little foundation, blush, mascara, and tinted lip balm highlights my natural features without looking too made up.

As for my favorite makeup products, I usually enjoy finding them in discount stores so I can buy more products at a lower price. I mainly enjoy buying lip products, so I have a lot of lipstick and lip balm. I'm always excited to see Revlon lipstick and Lip Smackers for a cheap price. I like Covergirl mascara because it's not too hard to wash off and it doesn't flake off. When it comes to blush, usually almost any brand works as long as it's pigmented. I really like Essense Blush Up! ombre blush because it's pigmented and lasts a long time. Jordana retractable eyeliner, Elf and Wet n Wild eyeshadow, and New York Color Liquid Lipshine lip gloss are also good products to try if you want to get something cheap.

By the way, when I said I have a lot of lip balm, I mean HUNDREDS of tubes. The reason why I have so many is because I'm a sucker for flavored lip balm and I enjoy collecting and using Lip Smackers. I'm still upset that the brand was sold to Markwins. Their quality has lowered since then!

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2018, 10:40 am

I've worn make up and proper make up since I was 13. When I was 5-8 I had (kiddies makeup)
I wear makeup and most make up products, except for lip gloss, false eye lashes and bronzers. I don't wear fake nails either.

I hate the consistency and texture of goey lipgloss, much prefer lipstick.

inkgirl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Oct 2018, 11:25 pm

I don't wear makeup. My grandma let me use her eye shadow, but I ended up making myself look like an alien or clown instead, because that's more interesting. I don't know why people wear make up. I think that people look better without it. Just wash your face and brush your teeth, and you're good to go! I think it would be fun to put on make up, but I wouldn't go out in public with makeup on, unless it was Halloween...