Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Prometheus
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2005, 10:53 am

I suspect this will dissapear quickly, but I was wondering if anyone lifted weights around here. Just post your maxs for squat, bench and clean/jerk and maybe a little about your workout.

I can squat somewhere in the 425 pds range, I bench 285 and I don't do clean/jerk, but I asked b/c the three exersizes are considered the "trinity" for powerlifters. . .

I run 1.5 miles 4x a week, bike a little, and have 3 lift sessions a week. I want to do 6 a week so that I can break up the workout into upper and lower body sessions and get more intense with that. If you do that let me know how that works. I periodize, with a 10 week peroid.

TheWhale
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 May 2005, 1:26 pm

I have benched my weight but at almost 57 years, my heart is more important for the future than the biceps. I do mostly walking and some lifting. Good idea for a thread.

Jerry Newport

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2005, 2:27 pm

I dunno..... I've got a multigym that goes up to 80lb, and I can bench press 80lb for about 20 reps on it without killing myself - doesn't really equate to actual weights I know, and I don't know how impressive this is (I suspect not very..... :oops:). I struggled to do 12 reps on 50lbs a year ago when I first got it, so I've come a long way anyway......

I do around 60-80 miles a week on my exercise bike I guess on average, plus 216 reps on various multi-gym exercises 4 times a week - I only do upper body on it - the bike takes care of the lower body, so why duplicate the effort? I don't do any "official" routines though, and have no idea what "periodising" is about. :?

cooldude76230
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 May 2005, 6:15 pm

I havent lifted many weights since I hurt my back doing power cleans 2 years ago. I was lifting it wrong because I cant keep from standing on my toes. I bench press occasionally and do quite a bit of running though.