So this is what people think the typical WP user is like...

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2016, 5:28 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/justlegbeardth ... rotypical/

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2016, 5:32 pm

Back when Autism Speaks still had their forum, someone there wrote about how people here are arrogant and how they diagnose anyone as autistic who is very smart and the dead too.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Earthling
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2016, 5:45 pm

It certainly is a recurring topic, but assuming that that's all WP is about is a major fallacy!
We have counting threads too. :mrgreen:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2016, 7:40 pm

"Someone" claims to be jealous of his step-brother for being well-educated, gainfully employed, financially responsible, well-dressed, popular, white, happily identifying with his physical gender, and proud of the fact that he has earned his privileges.

:roll: "Someone" really needs to STFU and get a life of his own.

Last edited by Fnord on 14 Apr 2016, 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2016, 7:43 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Back when Autism Speaks still had their forum, someone there wrote about how people here are arrogant and how they diagnose anyone as autistic who is very smart and the dead too.

L O L
O
L

W U T
U
T

Do they realize that there are people who suffer and feel left out because of Autism, its not a country club.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2016, 7:57 pm

Judging by most of the "Neurotypical" articles that I've read, outsiders seem to think of us as little more than lazy, self-centered, spoiled brats who can't get dates and don't know how to dress ourselves or behave in public. They seem to think of us as tantrum-prone, mentally ret*d, sexually perverted sociopaths who take delight in setting fires, torturing helpless animals, and committing mass murder. They seem to believe that we all play with our own feces (when we're not preoccupied with masturbating), wet the bed, eat dirt, never bathe, and drink from the toilet. Finally, they also seem to think that we're all so clinically depressed that every one of us is into self-mutilation when we're not obsessively occupied with making elaborate plans for (or actually committing) suicide.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2016, 8:00 pm

Fnord wrote:
Judging by most of the "Neurotypical" articles that I've read, outsiders seem to think of us as little more than lazy, self-centered, spoiled brats who can't get dates and don't know how to dress ourselves or behave in public. They seem to think of us as tantrum-prone, mentally ret*d, sexually perverted sociopaths who take delight in setting fires, torturing helpless animals, and committing mass murder. They seem to believe that we all play with our own feces (when we're not preoccupied with masturbating), wet the bed, eat dirt, never bathe, and drink from the toilet. Finally, they also seem to think that we're all so clinically depressed that every one of us is into self-mutilation when we're not obsessively occupied with making elaborate plans for (or actually committing) suicide.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2016, 8:05 pm

In all the time that I've been here I only ever saw one person talk bad about neurotipicals (by calling them "simpletons") and people did call him out for it saying that he shouldn't do that.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2016, 8:11 pm

Fnord wrote:

Just for the record, I have never tortured helpless animals.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2016, 9:11 pm

mikeman7918 wrote:
In all the time that I've been here I only ever saw one person talk bad about neurotipicals (by calling them "simpletons") and people did call him out for it saying that he shouldn't do that.
Again, judging by many of the neurotypical posts I've read regarding us, it is understandable why someone would hold a great deal of contempt - even hatred - for all neurotypicals.

It is fair to point out that those posts I've referred to represent a small minority of neurotypical opinions. Most people I personally know either could not care less about us, or they're sympathetic with us to some degree.

It's that small minority of small-minded people that make it bad for all of us, neurodiverse and neurotypical alike.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2016, 9:14 pm

6 years ago or so(age 14-), I can admit that would whine the same way. :lol: That lengthy yes, that specific probably, but not that dramatic.

Now I'm laughing at it. Hard. :lol:
Empathy? Yes. Because I've been there. For a while. It's a nasty reminiscence when I have not witnessed enough around me.
Sympathy? No. :roll: Because envy is for the weak. Privilege or no privilege. NT or no NT.
Annoyance? Hell yes. More so if the 'reason' is envy.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2016, 10:08 pm

Ya gotta love how so many stereotypes of Autism contradict each other.
We're supposed to be torturing animals, and yet we're supposed to love them more than humans.
We're supposed to be filthy, and yet we're supposed to be hypersensitive to anything unnatural on our bodies.
We're supposed to be mentally disabled and yet we're all geniuses.
We're supposed to all be mute, yet we also can't STOP talking.

*SIGH* :roll:

SippingSpiderVenom
Raven
Raven

14 Apr 2016, 10:35 pm

He's diagnosed Narcissistic Personality Disorder. He almost certainly is rubbing his siblings face in his success as well as taking every social advantage he can in order to make them feel worse.

"If I knew that it was fated for me to be sick, I would even wish for it; for the foot also, if it had intelligence, would volunteer to get muddy." - Chrysippus

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2016, 10:39 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of this.

SippingSpiderVenom
Raven
Raven

14 Apr 2016, 10:55 pm

"If I knew that it was fated for me to be sick, I would even wish for it; for the foot also, if it had intelligence, would volunteer to get muddy." - Chrysippus

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2016, 8:13 am

lostonearth35 wrote:
Ya gotta love how so many stereotypes of Autism contradict each other.
We're supposed to be torturing animals, and yet we're supposed to love them more than humans.
We're supposed to be filthy, and yet we're supposed to be hypersensitive to anything unnatural on our bodies.
We're supposed to be mentally disabled and yet we're all geniuses.
We're supposed to all be mute, yet we also can't STOP talking.

*SIGH* :roll:

Welcome to Bizarro World! Where up is down, right is wrong, and the points don't matter!