What's so funny about those funniest video shows?

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

littlecatinthewindow
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2016, 2:55 am

I used to find shows like that funny, but as I grew older I realised how much it must hurt. Why do most of those videos consist of people being hurt? I preferred the ones involving animals doing funny things without anyone getting hurt.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2016, 10:49 am

You know what I find really funny? Watching someone get hit with not just one, but at least fifty pies until they're completely covered in whipped cream. But what *really* makes it funny is that they stand there and take it. They don't even flinch, even when the pies are being thrown on every conceivable area of their body (including down there). Nyuk nyuk! :lol:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 May 2016, 12:00 am

I think the reason I find people getting hurt funny is because they are usually doing something that causes them to get hurt. They bring it on themselves by not using any common sense. I find AFV less funny because things are more freak accidents, cute videos & pranks.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2016, 1:01 am

hurtloam wrote:
Yeah, I don't get it either. Some videos are funny like cute animals or funny things kids say, but most aren't funny to me.

And I hate anything with a laughter track. If something is truly funny it doesn't need a laugh track. the UK version of MASH had the laugh track removed and it's souch more watchable.

I hate the stupid voice over intros and stupid noises on these types of shows.

This is the kind of thing I find funny:

That was...absolutely wonderful! I'm going to think about that dog all day tomorrow and just smile. :D :D :D

I get what you say about laugh tracks. With an APD, laugh tracks are just annoying noise (I can't watch M*A*S*H either way, the ending was just far too sad.)