What's so funny about those funniest video shows?

Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2016, 9:17 am

Uh I usually don't get it! People being STUPID IDIOTS possibly injuring themselves most of them or end up in the hospital with severe injuries OR could have perhaps been severely injured that's not LOL! funny!! !

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2016, 11:16 am

I haven't watched America's "Funniest" Home Videos in years. The last time I remember was a Christmas episode. I found it very disturbing just how easily fires get started during the holidays, and I don't mean in the fireplace. A kid puts some wrapping paper near a lit candle and it's supposed to be hahahaha, it's funny because they could have burned the whole house down and killed everyone in it. :roll:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2016, 11:43 am

If I want to watch something funny, I watch The Monkees, The Brady Bunch or Hogan's Heroes. I find no humour in shows like America's Funniest Home Videos.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2016, 2:30 pm

I so agree. Personally if I want a LOL! show I watch Big Bang Theory yes sort of hollywood view portryal of certain traits but I relate to the character of Sheldon and his social issues and Raj is hilarious IMO plus not everyone is that extreme. Also I've been rematching Animaniacs and there literalness is ROFL! hilarious!

What's on your mind?

My hat

No your mind

my hair

no your mind my brain

LOL!

What are you feeling

touches different parts

my head
my shirt

no how do you feel?! !! !

Oh! Fine!

LOL! hilarious!

adoylelb90815
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Apr 2016, 4:09 pm

I agree as well, especially in videos where people do mean things to pets, like let them stumble around with something like a tissue box on their heads before taking the thing off. I also don't think it's funny when a child is having a tantrum because they're spoiled brats, as that's another stupid type of video that ends up on that show. I agree that someone doing something stupid and dangerous isn't funny, as someone can get seriously hurt or killed.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

22 Apr 2016, 12:36 am

I don't find AFV that funny but I really like World's Dumbest, Top Funniest & Ridiculousness. i cant explain why I find them funny thou.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2016, 2:48 am

^ i like those too.

schadenfreude has its audience.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2016, 3:40 pm

When I watch You've Been Framed I spend most of the time wincing at the clips of people unintentionally hurting themselves. Some of the clips make me laugh, but I don't understand things like how cars tipping over with people inside is so funny when on those Funniest Videos clips, but when they show clips of cars tipping over on the news, it's suddenly not funny.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 2:31 am

context can do a lot. :) plus, people in AFV never die. and if no one died or was injured it wouldn't really be newsworthy, unless you live in the middle of nowhere, the province of nowhere in nowhereland.

what i would like answered is why younger people find youtubers like pewdie and markiplier funny.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 3:01 am

Yeah, I don't get it either. Some videos are funny like cute animals or funny things kids say, but most aren't funny to me.

And I hate anything with a laughter track. If something is truly funny it doesn't need a laugh track. the UK version of MASH had the laugh track removed and it's souch more watchable.

I hate the stupid voice over intros and stupid noises on these types of shows.

This is the kind of thing I find funny:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 2:02 pm

One thing I don't like about AFV is that the vids that win are usually just cute & not funny at all. It's called America's Funniest Videos, NOT America's Cutest Videos.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 7:40 pm

I don't get it either we have Australia's funnies home videos I watched it once and that was enough for me the silly voices and sound effects were annoying.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2016, 10:09 pm

Those of you who do not like it may relate to these lyrics from Weird Al Yankovic's song, I Can't Watch This :arrow:

Quote:
Talkin' 'bout sick shows
Of America's Funniest Home Videos
I can't believe my eyes
When I see the kind of stuff that wins first prize
Somebody's poor old mom
Falls down off the roof, lands right on the lawn
Face first on a rake
I hear they've got it on the seventeenth take
That's funny as a kick in the crotch
And that kind of show, uh, I can't watch

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2016, 5:25 pm

Kiprobalhato wrote:
context can do a lot. :) plus, people in AFV never die. and if no one died or was injured it wouldn't really be newsworthy, unless you live in the middle of nowhere, the province of nowhere in nowhereland.

what i would like answered is why younger people find youtubers like pewdie and markiplier funny.

Exactly! My 14 year old sister the past few years has went from Disney shows (not 100% educational NO! But some sort of lesson usually!) To 99.99% youtube videos of people LOL! weird voices and parody songs on Minecraft. I just don't get it.

This generation and Lets Plays. I can't afford video games right now IMO looking at "lets plays" makes me wish I could buy *insert game* I want to be playing myself! OR if it's a game I own MAYBE to learn how to beat a level or boss or talk about the game series in general otherwise I don't get the whole idea behind lets plays.

And as much as the media jumps on streaming shows Netflix/Hulu NOPE! 14 year old sister Minecraft youtube videos 24/7 WEIRD!

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2016, 1:24 am

they make money! markiplier, pewdie and the link are making bank...how?

i understand watching lets plays if you can't get a game for whatever reason (can't afford it, etc) or if you don't want to feel like paying for a game so shallow you can get the whole experience by simply looking at it and not, you know, playing it. (visual novels, mostly).

there is LPer merchandise.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2016, 1:41 am

Stupid people who injury themselves and funny are probably deserve to be in the hospital, if I did some of the stuff on those videos, I'd expect to go to the hospital. I have even laughed at my own epic fails years later, I broke my arm on a bike and it was pretty dumb what I did.

Last edited by dcj123 on 26 Apr 2016, 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.