Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Do you like it when people stare at you?
Yes, it pwns! 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No, I hate it! 84%  84%  [ 36 ]
Not if I don't know why they are doing it. 16%  16%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 43

Grim
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Apr 2007, 8:48 am

I hate it, it makes me really embarrassed. I do not get why people stare at me so much, I am not juste being paranoid, they really do stare a lot.. :oops:

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

29 Apr 2007, 10:05 am

I can't function if I'm being stared at, or if somebody is hovering over me while I work.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

29 Apr 2007, 11:14 am

i dont really notices anyone staring at me as i am not looking at them directly in the face, if i am with someone and they notice people staring at us yeah

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 11:16 am

Claradoon wrote:
I can't function if I'm being stared at, or if somebody is hovering over me while I work.

My FIRST, and second worst BY FAR, car accident was because I had this feeling I was being stared at! I looked around, and THREE people WERE staring at me! I STILL don't know why. I turned too much before pulling out, and hit a pole! BTW The WORST accident was when some idiot tried to make a turn in front of me and ripped my bumper off, etc... All the rest were bumper denters.

Steve

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

29 Apr 2007, 11:30 am

haha steve that is terrible, you got i a car accident because you were stared at?

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 11:37 am

Yeah. I WAS a new driver, and it WAS a tight area, etc... I never liked those kind of places anyway. You can see all sorts of paint, scratches, dents etc... to show that others had such problems before. That was about 24 years ago. It was the ONLY one that I was really at fault with. But YEP! I used that parking space for YEARS after that without even a little scratch. But it WAS because I was nervous and distracted by the stares.

I guess I can take solace in the fact I am not as bad as many here in that regard. Also, I was the only one hurt by it.

Steve

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 11:55 am

it freaks me out!! ! my mom is constantly doing this. amd when i ask her to stop she does it more!!!AND there is a guy in my class that i have a crush on and he's ALWAYS staring at me and smiling when i notice and quickly looking away. I dunno what to do. My friends say he likes me but i dunno. I'm not ready for another bad relationship(although he is nothing but nice to me,still, i fear relationship in general now).I never know what to say, IF im expected to say anything at all. :cry:

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 11:57 am

Claradoon wrote:

me neither.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 12:05 pm

blackcat wrote:
it freaks me out!! ! my mom is constantly doing this. amd when i ask her to stop she does it more!!!AND there is a guy in my class that i have a crush on and he's ALWAYS staring at me and smiling when i notice and quickly looking away. I dunno what to do. My friends say he likes me but i dunno. I'm not ready for another bad relationship(although he is nothing but nice to me,still, i fear relationship in general now).I never know what to say, IF im expected to say anything at all. :cry:

One of the three staring at me WAS my mom!! I know the feeling!

BTW REMEMBER. It isn't true of me, as I try to stay the same, but a LOT of males will be REALLY nice to you at first! First appearances CAN be deceiving. The fact that he is smiling and looking away is nice though. :wink: Maybe he is one of the good ones. It IS best if you take it slow. But MAN, I wish I had HALF your luck to have THAT problem! :cry:

Steve

blackcat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 2:07 pm

SteveK wrote:
blackcat wrote:

BTW REMEMBER. It isn't true of me, as I try to stay the same, but a LOT of males will be REALLY nice to you at first! First appearances CAN be deceiving. The fact that he is smiling and looking away is nice though. :wink: Maybe he is one of the good ones. It IS best if you take it slow. But MAN, I wish I had HALF your luck to have THAT problem! :cry:

Steve

awwwww, I probably would've liked you and turned into a stuttering super klutz around you!

unnamed
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

29 Apr 2007, 2:16 pm

Yes, I hate being stared at by strangers in public. So does my mom. We just blare our eyes at them and that tends to get the message across. Childish, but effective.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 3:34 pm

blackcat wrote:
SteveK wrote:
blackcat wrote:

Steve

awwwww, I probably would've liked you and turned into a stuttering super klutz around you!

WOW, What a compliment! THANKS!

Steve

Demonic_Duck
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Apr 2007, 5:28 pm

Doesn't really bother me. And I'm aware that I sometimes do it myself, too (often because I'm thinking about something else entirely), so it'd be hypocritical to say it annoys me when others stare at me.

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 8:01 pm

I almost never see people staring at me.

ADDENDUM: Although there are perhaps occasions when people are since I have a habit of putting on my shirts on backwards or inside outs.

austin532
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 May 2007, 12:34 am

Grim wrote:
I hate it, it makes me really embarrassed. I do not get why people stare at me so much, I am not juste being paranoid, they really do stare a lot.. :oops:

I know how you feel, when I see someone starring at me I just get really nervous, I get embarrassed, and then my face turns red :oops: It bugs me so much that I just want to walk away. It's one of the worst feelings you can experience IMO. I also get the same feeling when I have to walk up to the front of the class to get something. I've had this feeling since Junior High.

The funny thing is, I think I got over feeling embarrassed during my Senior year of High School. I guess cause I finaly got used to being around lots of people every day, and that made me a more social person.

But low and behold, after staying home all the time, being on the computer everyday and not going out and socializing with anyone, that "Feeling Embarrassed and Face Turing Red" feeling has come back :x

scrulie
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 5:25 am

I hate it!! How I deal with it varies depending on my mood and the circumstances. When I'm feeling confident (relatively speaking!) I calmly give the starer a very even look and raise my eyebrows sarcastically.