Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

RonaldD793
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Apr 2016, 6:27 am

What is your dream job? Name at least one career that you aspire to be part of.

As for me I desired to become a chef, and I had already been taking a course in professional culinary arts at [REDACTED] college. But then the stroke happened, and I lost control of nearly half of my left arm. Oh well I'm as of now undergoing physical therapy which is really exhausting, and in nearly a year's time and I'll be applying for [REDACTED] college again (I think and/or hope).

awkward facepalm
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2016, 4:44 pm

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2016, 4:52 pm

Can I get paid ten dollars per post on Wrong Planet? No? Then I'd like to be a writer, or a school secretary, or a psychologist if I had better people skills.

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2016, 5:10 pm

I have it and only about 3 years until retirement.
After that perhaps a Chaplin in a homeless shelter. I volunteer at one already.

Zincubus
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2016, 5:50 pm

Error

Last edited by Zincubus on 25 Apr 2016, 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2016, 5:53 pm

My special interest is space travel, so of course I would love to be an astronaut so I can experience first hand what I have been obsessing about for over a decade. My second choice is being an engineer at a space agency.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2016, 9:10 pm

i came to realize that my ultimate dream job...is to be an author...on an international book signing tour.
or my realistic dream job...is to work at Amazon...and get an email of peoples orders...and then get them from the shelves...and pack them off and send them to the shipping dept to be shipped. basically, packing the box. like tetris.

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

Maple78
Raven
Raven

25 Apr 2016, 9:17 pm

To win a grant to support me financially while finishing reading all of the books currently on my shelves. And to not have to write a paper or anything on it. :-P

RonaldD793

25 Apr 2016, 9:23 pm

mikeman7918 wrote:
My special interest is space travel, so of course I would love to be an astronaut so I can experience first hand what I have been obsessing about for over a decade. My second choice is being an engineer at a space agency.

I think most of us wanted to become astronauts and explore the unknown universe, when we grow up. But the negatives rear their ugly heads, such as too much hard work and etc. So I think that many of us move on to more "realistic" careers, such as being a chef for instance. Well if you want to be an astronaut and explore the depths of space, then go for it. :)

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2016, 9:51 pm

RonaldD793 wrote:
I think most of us wanted to become astronauts and explore the unknown universe, when we grow up. But the negatives rear their ugly heads, such as too much hard work and etc. So I think that many of us move on to more "realistic" careers, such as being a chef for instance. Well if you want to be an astronaut and explore the depths of space, then go for it. :)

I plan on doing whatever possible to get an edge on my competition and I already know a ton about space travel and orbital mechanics. I could almost navigate a ship in orbit with just a paper and pencil, I just need to memorize a few Hoffman equations. I have also just about mastered efficient space flight in multiple realistic space flight simulator programs on my computer. I am quite serious about this astronaut thing. I know that the chance of getting accepted is small, but it's better then the 0% chance I get if I don't try and if I fail then I can use those same skills to become a part of the ground crew which would be awesome too.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

The_Joker

25 Apr 2016, 10:33 pm

My dream job has always revolved around becoming a philosophy professor some day as it is my passion.

At the moment I'm settling for practical aims of becoming a machinist or welder.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2016, 2:52 pm

To be paid to shoot video of Collector Car Auctions, or of cars being professionally restored in some shop.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2016, 3:20 pm

When I was a kid, I wanted to become POTUS, then a meterologist.

Now, I want to be successful as a writer of crime novels.

Danae
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 11:09 am

Writer - considering translator/ maybe... writing in a group if the project is shturpants good.
Exobiologist (but I suck at math).
Work with cats - animals.

"Ever since I was a child, I’ve never allowed myself to get too close to people. I’ve avoided emotional attachment. Perhaps I’ve been so afraid of death and dying that any connection just seemed like a bad thing, something that wouldn’t last." Dana Scully - Christmas Carol.

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 12:50 pm

A librarian and I'm working on it :D

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2016, 12:53 pm

Starship captain.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.