Page 1 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2016, 7:37 pm

...I missed the college experience . At least I tell myself , sometimes , I'll do that , if I never manage to , even at this belated age , be " a college student " even briefly .
I know I've posted about this at WP in general before .
(Note: Strictly literally , I have half-assedly went to college a little when young . It wasn't " full-fledged " , and it wasn't under the right circumstances .)
I tell myself I might , as I said , on my deathbed , if I never experience it , cry .
Now , maybe , yes , as something I want but neve got, it's something I want .
But , I do want it .
I have thought that , even if I got (and I mean going as a full-time residential staudent at a " normal , four-year " college) to go belatedly , I might occasionally cry , seeing the young people enjoying it full-fledged in their time , when I didn't :cry: - but still , I might be happy sometimes .)
On a certain level , I've thought it might have to be a MaFoundation-level " Let's have a little taste , before he dies ~ More cheerfullness later :cry: .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2016, 6:41 pm

...It was " Make A Wish Foundation " that I wrote above .
My hopes are slightly on the upswing now for the possibility of this someday happening - wich means , kind of , just " up from utterly despairing ' It will never happen :cry: ' ! " .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2016, 8:20 pm

Hugs: :heart: Would online classes work? Or am I just totally naive?

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2016, 3:12 pm

I certainly can relate to what you say. There are many things I wish I had done earlier in my life. I think NTs like to put these things on a "bucket list" to accomplish in their lifetimes.

But I find dreaming things about "what might have been" is usually a big waste of time. Instead I go off and do something, anything, constructive..like get a snack, or read a book..which trumps wasting time about dreams.

Find something you love, and do it now. And don't stop doing this.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2016, 5:31 pm

...Thank you , but , no . I don't even own a computer:-(! !! !! !! !! !!

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2016, 2:30 pm

...I can do this . I can imagine the day of my death , and thinking of the " ship " (going to college) that passed me by - :cry:

slave
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2016, 8:39 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...I can do this . I can imagine the day of my death , and thinking of the " ship " (going to college) that passed me by - :cry:

can i ask, what % of your life have you been homeless?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2016, 5:10 pm

...(This includes periods of ~ like right now ~ being housed , in " ' ex-homeless '-type situations that didn't work out or temporary things , etc.)
Since about the political conventions' time in 1996 .
20 years-ish now then :( .
I was HL before , too , in (I think) 1985-87 :( .

slave wrote:
ASS-P wrote:

slave
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2016, 6:46 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...(This includes periods of ~ like right now ~ being housed , in " ' ex-homeless '-type situations that didn't work out or temporary things , etc.)

slave wrote:
ASS-P wrote:

I've always been saddened by your situation ASS-P...I know your life is very hard and your health very poor. :(

So you became homeless when you were ~36 yoa.

What was your adult life like(ie.from age 18 - 36 yoa) before your homeless life began?

Have you ever had a life partner?

What kind of work have you done?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2016, 5:32 pm

...A little depressed/time-low :( to go into that now :cry: .

slave wrote:
ASS-P wrote:

slave wrote:
ASS-P wrote:

I've always been saddened by your situation ASS-P...I know your life is very hard and your health very poor. :(

So you became homeless when you were ~36 yoa.

What was your adult life like(ie.from age 18 - 36 yoa) before your homeless life began?

Have you ever had a life partner?

What kind of work have you done?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 4:50 pm

...I never really got the step-ff/acess into " normal " life , work or social life :( .
Perhaps this is what would have developed anyway had I been , like I imagine modern-day Aspies to be , DX'd and treated/on an " Aspie " track early on ~ As it is , though I've been (in later years) on my own , I haven't established a , so-called , " normal " life or worked :( .

slave
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 11:59 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...I never really got the step-ff/acess into " normal " life , work or social life :( .
Perhaps this is what would have developed anyway had I been , like I imagine modern-day Aspies to be , DX'd and treated/on an " Aspie " track early on ~ As it is , though I've been (in later years) on my own , I haven't established a , so-called , " normal " life or worked :( .

:( Sry to hear.

Most ppl I've encountered that are/were on the streets ended up there because of their childhood being really rough/chaotic/abusive.
Being on the streets was bad but home and family was worse....lots of drugs/violence etc....

Do you meet a lot of Aspies out there?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 6:10 pm

...It sort of seems like my whole life from 1978 to '96-ish or so has retreated into another world ~ In those years I was very music-oriented , always telling myself I'd have a band ~ be a college radio DJ - get a fanzine out - I never did :( .
Now , so homeless and stuff my music interest rather retreated - since I can access YT some , it's reawakened some but it's even more looking into the past ~ In the past , I was rather " indie-garage-punk "-oriented , so to speak but always kind of " on the outside , not able to access things " :cry: .

slave wrote:
ASS-P wrote:

:( Sry to hear.

Most ppl I've encountered that are/were on the streets ended up there because of their childhood being really rough/chaotic/abusive.
Being on the streets was bad but home and family was worse....lots of drugs/violence etc....

Do you meet a lot of Aspies out there?

slave
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 6:57 pm

Do you have anyone on the streets that you ever hang-out with??
or do you avoid human contact??

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2016, 5:59 pm

...The idea of " going to college " is rather an idea of a door that I have to pass through before I can go on ~ to whatever . To WHAT :evil: :cry :| :( : ???????????
If ou would like me to get paid employment ~ What other way do you think there is that I might , eventually , get an employer to pay me more than SSDI but get the increased knowledge/skills - and status , and connections - of college .
And , fine , late though it is , I want a touch of what i never :( truly had :cry: . And being " an overaged college student " is certainly a step up in social status from " ex-homeless dude shuffling around the f*****g Tenderloin area " :x ! !! !! !! !! !! Eating at the cafeteria , sleeping in the dorm ~ Sounds nice to me .
Sometimes , in depressed/make-myself-depressed moments , I think of never going ever , being old(-er) - and I will at least start to cry . aybe it's even internalizing a censore saying " No , no no ! You must be practical ~ It's oo late for you , you cannot go ! " :cry: (I started to tear up writing that , so I thought I'd put up another tear-con after all , even though I thought I'd cut down on my doing of it ~ since I really did it then .)
I do wonder if I would be up to college physically , period .
And , too , on a certain level I thought I might have to have any uni (the use an Australian term I'll borrow here ~ Right , mates ???????????:-)) on a " before-I-die " Make-A-Wish Foundation semester or two , especially when the prognosis on my health was bad some months ago :( ~ I'll take pity if anything else is lacking .

slave
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2016, 7:53 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...The idea of " going to college " is rather an idea of a door that I have to pass through before I can go on ~ to whatever . To WHAT :evil: :cry :| :( : ???????????
If ou would like me to get paid employment ~ What other way do you think there is that I might , eventually , get an employer to pay me more than SSDI but get the increased knowledge/skills - and status , and connections - of college .
And , fine , late though it is , I want a touch of what i never :( truly had :cry: . And being " an overaged college student " is certainly a step up in social status from " ex-homeless dude shuffling around the f*****g Tenderloin area " :x ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Eating at the cafeteria , sleeping in the dorm ~ Sounds nice to me .
Sometimes , in depressed/make-myself-depressed moments , I think of never going ever , being old(-er) - and I will at least start to cry . aybe it's even internalizing a censore saying " No , no no ! You must be practical ~ It's oo late for you , you cannot go ! " :cry: (I started to tear up writing that , so I thought I'd put up another tear-con after all , even though I thought I'd cut down on my doing of it ~ since I really did it then .)
I do wonder if I would be up to college physically , period .
And , too , on a certain level I thought I might have to have any uni (the use an Australian term I'll borrow here ~ Right , mates ???????????:-)) on a " before-I-die " Make-A-Wish Foundation semester or two , especially when the prognosis on my health was bad some months ago :( ~ I'll take pity if anything else is lacking .

When you express your understandable concerns/wishes/needs to Social Workers and the like...who can actually connect you to resources...what do they do? or say? :?