Page 4 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2016, 9:01 pm

...I just have , thank you , but:
I am not up to writing just now .
I would , in many ways , need money to get myself in better shape to go to , even , CC ~ even if I stayed in the place I am now , aside from the actual college fees .
I'd need more clothing , for one , and a bank account , and an ATM card (or a bank card for a bank account if I went up from the level of a rather cheapo store ATM card like to Green Dot I had to having an actual bank account ~ That in itself would need me to have considerably more money on hand , however :( )
I'm uncertain if I will remain here in SF , either remember ~ I was thinking of going to another town whatsoever .

Tobes wrote:
Here's the link to set up a GoFundMe account: https://funds.gofundme.com/dashboard/create. Once you have an account, it's just about:

a) Creating a post about your story, maybe a couple of paragraphs to a couple of pages long, and also explaining why these funds would be important to you.

b) Getting the word out there. Do you have any social media accounts? Sharing your story on the forums you visit (and others that we may have to think about), aswell as social media sites, should help.

To do these things, I don't think you need any more computer skills than you have. It's just about working out what to write - maybe writing some drafts and picking the best one would be good. I've checked and you don't need a bank account. You can have cheques sent to you. So hopefully your living conditions will remain stable for the next while, so any cheques can be sent to you there.

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Tobes
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Sep 2016, 9:14 pm

Good job creating the page, that's progress already. Which town are you thinking of going to? You can have funds sent to you wherever you are, even possibly to a post office, if you find yourself without a home for a while.

In the meantime, if you have a pen and paper handy, maybe you can start writing some drafts of what you'd like to express, for the page you created. I'm no essay writer myself, so maybe someone on here or another forum who is great at essay writing (or just writing in general) can help you organise it into a solid piece of writing. If no one else will help, though, I'll do my best with it.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2016, 9:26 pm

...It was " see my " Where...go ? " post) either Bellingham , Washington (where I was before , in 2014) or Austin , Texas now - When thinking about it .

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Tobes
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Sep 2016, 9:54 pm

That's a very important decision. How stable is your living situation at the moment? Maybe it's best to stay where you are for the moment. A little birdy just told me colleges aren't very expensive in California. If you do decide to move somewhere else, make sure you have your living accommodations sorted before you go.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2016, 9:10 pm

...AS I have said 2day?? - the problem is , I want to go to a uni , AND , it is appearing as if , even , CC credits IN GENERAL in Cali may be ONLY transferable to the UC and CSU systems - which , as I said , I believe I am 100& shut out/forbidden from :( ! !! !! !! !! !!

Tobes
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Oct 2016, 9:57 pm

ASS-P wrote:
it is appearing as if , even , CC credits IN GENERAL in Cali may be ONLY transferable to the UC and CSU systems - which , as I said , I believe I am 100& shut out/forbidden from :( ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Why do you think you're forbidden from UC and CSU colleges?

Well, if you are indeed forbidden, then maybe it's best to start looking at other shelters/rooms in the area's with colleges that you're welcome to study at. A good idea might be to ask the owner of your current shelter if they have anything in another town that can guarantee you a room.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2016, 9:06 pm

...I think I outlined the reason for the not--getting-admitted-into UC and CSU reason on my " Crying When..." if I haven't I'll do it on another day when I have more time .
Yes , thank you , you see my point re: uni - I mean , it's ridiculous ! :cry: But it appears to be that way , that I have to pick an area and try to build up credits there after going there :( .
I'm in this temporary room , not shelter , and I don't think they're going to refer me .
I do , even for where I'm thinking , have to go two states away ~ And though I was thinking of going early this month , I've rather already spent too much money to do so now , based on what I've got , I do believe :( .

Tobes wrote:
ASS-P wrote:
it is appearing as if , even , CC credits IN GENERAL in Cali may be ONLY transferable to the UC and CSU systems - which , as I said , I believe I am 100& shut out/forbidden from :( ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Why do you think you're forbidden from UC and CSU colleges?

Well, if you are indeed forbidden, then maybe it's best to start looking at other shelters/rooms in the area's with colleges that you're welcome to study at. A good idea might be to ask the owner of your current shelter if they have anything in another town that can guarantee you a room.

Tobes
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Oct 2016, 1:19 am

Have you written anything or made any progress on your GoFundMe page? Maybe we can start working on that.

A picture of yourself might be good for the page, though not completely necessary. Here's a YT clip that shows how to download an attachment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsXRR8Yp7uA.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2016, 5:49 pm

...Thank you , but with my super-limited time , I can't do the You Tube now , aside from my doubts as to whether a just-video can help me much .
Look - I have simply , I believe , NEVER! :( had what most people here find routine ~ a computer machine of some sort , in your home , where you can access it at any time you are home ~ I have never had that :cry: .(At most , IIRC , I have , at times , had a laptop briefly while in a hospital and been in nursing-recovery places with a house computer that no one else used .)
My skills are so little that ~ Once I had one of those bare-bones cell phones you can get from Social Services (sometimes called " Obamaphones " :P ) and , when I immediately got it , I did get someone at the Services Center I got it at to show me a couple of phone calls ~ However , after that , the person wouldn't show me any more , and , afterwards , I could not do anything with it :( ~ Eventually , I just threw it away , it was useless to me (even if someone else might've paid me for it ~ Well , at least I was " honest " there ! :wink: ) ! :cry:

Tobes wrote:
Have you written anything or made any progress on your GoFundMe page? Maybe we can start working on that.

A picture of yourself might be good for the page, though not completely necessary. Here's a YT clip that shows how to download an attachment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsXRR8Yp7uA.

Tobes
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Oct 2016, 7:18 pm

ASS-P wrote:
...Thank you , but with my super-limited time , I can't do the You Tube now , aside from my doubts as to whether a just-video can help me much .

In the time it probably took to type that post (and numerous others on the day you wrote this one), you could have logged onto your email, watched the 1 minute YT video and probably learnt how to it.

I'll work on helping you get funding by typing up something you can use for your GoFundMe page, aswell as the kindness of others to help get the word out about how you need the funds. For things like learning how to use a computer or whatever else (that are available via quick, short YT instructional videos), you're going to have to take the time from posting random threads here and prioritise it to focusing on those things, if you want them done.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2016, 9:23 pm

...Rushing this out , I spoke to a CCSF guy to-day , by his (Inevitably , a touch used car salesman-esque :mrgreen: - However , he was nice* .) description , the " 100-mile radius " thing may not be as dep a problem - However , it does seem I sort of have to " see what courses would be accepted " at any uni I might go for , and , since I do figure I'd have to look a bit/find the right place that would accept me/I could get into - And , bluntly , I'd have to get LOADS of grants/whatever and I imagine that some degree , anyway , of , depending upon the angle , pity/" Oh , he's trying to improve himself ! How nice ! " would have to figure into it , well :| .
*-CCSF has been in an endless " might their accreditasation pulled " (right word?) problem , too , check the SF Examiner (www.sfexaminer.com) about it for details , and their enrollment has been way way way down...

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2016, 6:11 pm

...As I have already outlined , I have registered for ~ not " enrolled in " CCSF- for the semester (Spring??! :? ) staring in January .
However , for reasons I will outline when I have more time (also explained in that post)...I am uncertain whether I can , even if , that's IF , the initial setting-up works out right - Or go only very minimally :| .
I was aiming toward three classes , Film )absolute " how to do the tachnical stuff " beginner's basics) and required - as a first step before going on - " Bonehead English " and likewise Math :roll: However...........

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2016, 9:18 pm

...Possible problems which come to mind-
Even IF enough money is found for tuition , books + tech , fees - I would be starting at a place of having ABSOLUTELY NO school-suitable tech . :(
Also , I would have NO idea , I mean NO :cry: idea hoow to use it !
I have askedhere before for at least some tech tips , on how to use such on at least a " some stuff "/" homeless-plus " level - to no avail :cry: .
I rather think the " class " many would suggest would be (1) more assuming that everyone has a desktop in their living room and (2) maybe hard to arrange in just two months - The " endless holidays " end of the year :( .
Frankly , too , I think that , aside from the maybe 3 classes , presumable once a week , I saw myself seeing (Maybe 4 , if Film separated into a " learning the technical stuff " one and a " seeing classic films " one ?) - Unfortunately , it occurs to me that some " you must take __ credits to get financial aid " clause might kick in (AS did with me in 1978-80 :cry: ) might demand I do even MORE :( .
And trying to get myself to do papers often ~ On a tech that , my degree of ability in operating it aside - Where would I even be able to operate it ?
There's no Wi-Fi at the temporary place , I'm banned from the Library ~ Ha ha ha , " go to a Starbucks' and hang around all day " :cry: ?

Tobes
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Oct 2016, 9:32 pm

ASS-P wrote:
Even IF enough money is found for tuition , books + tech , fees - I would be starting at a place of having ABSOLUTELY NO school-suitable tech . :(
I have askedhere before for at least some tech tips , on how to use such on at least a " some stuff "/" homeless-plus " level - to no avail :cry: .
I rather think the " class " many would suggest would be (1) more assuming that everyone has a desktop in their living room and (2) maybe hard to arrange in just two months - The " endless holidays " end of the year :(

Firstly, be specific with what you need help with tech-wise. Let us know.

Secondly, do you know how to use Microsoft Word? Or Apple's word document maker?

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2016, 9:33 pm

...#1 - Everything . #2 - No . I do not . I can't even " put up a picture " of click & drag ! :( Gotta go now .
Thank you .

Tobes wrote:
ASS-P wrote:
I rather think the " class " many would suggest would be (1) more assuming that everyone has a desktop in their living room and (2) maybe hard to arrange in just two months - The " endless holidays " end of the year :(

Firstly, be specific with what you need help with tech-wise. Let us know.

Secondly, do you know how to use Microsoft Word? Or Apple's word document maker?

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2016, 9:37 pm

I am sending you love and light and kitty hugs. :heart:

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII