Toucan
Toucan

05 May 2016, 2:07 pm

ever been admitted too the hospital

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 2:31 pm

Yes, several times. I have a condition where out of the blue I'm struck with severe stomach pain and uncontrollable vomiting. This has led to several trips to the ER and at least four admissions. I was actually just discharged a week and a half ago after a three and a half day stay.

I was also hospitalized once when I was around seven for tonsillitis.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 2:46 pm

mikie1091 wrote:
ever been admitted too the hospital

For legitimate medical reasons - I can't think of many, I was hospitalized several times as a child for digestive problems and I was hospitalized for doing a stupid stunt on a bike. My abusive brother beat me once bad enough for an ER visit but I don't think I was admitted really as much I was just checked for broken bones. I have been admitted hundreds of time for mental and drug abuse problems. I have overdosed more than I count, I wouldn't be surprised if I still had those drugs in me. Legitimate anxiety has led to some panic attacks that I have thought was something else because of chest pains, but all those ER visits weren't anything bad.

Worse ER visit was an overdose with the intent to kill myself and I thought I was dying and actually thought I had died but I didn't. I did however wake up three days and couldn't walk for a while after that. I needed a wheelchair for about two weeks afterwards cause I had balance problems.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 2:49 pm

When I had to have four teeth removed, and 3 times when I dislocated my jaw.

Basso53
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 3:17 pm

Gall bladder surgery in 2000.

You seem to have both Aspie and neurotypical traits