Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

VMBV
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 May 2016, 11:31 pm

Hello everyone! Another new member here. Not really sure what all to say, but I'll wing it!

I was diagnosed back in 2002, but never got a lot of treatment or counseling growing up. Now I'm just kind of an awkward adult trying to live life.

I'm really into video games; Specifically exploiting them. I really get into game glitches. That's pretty much my big thing.
I also enjoy music, reading/learning random facts, and going on walks. I like cooking a lot too, but I don't have a lot under my belt in the way of recipes.

Not sure what else to put. Thanks for your time!

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2016, 11:36 pm

Hi, welcome :)

What do you like to cook?

VMBV
Butterfly
Butterfly

05 May 2016, 11:50 pm

Thank you for the welcome!

Right now, I'm mostly making veggie casseroles since veggies are easier to work with than raw meats. I get too nervous that I'm going to accidentally give my family salmonella.
I did successfully make white chili a few weeks ago, so hopefully I can work my way up to working with meats.

(I was going to include a link to a white chili recipe but I'm not allowed to yet. Essentially, it's a thick soup-like dish made with chicken and garbanzo/cannellini beans.)

Kafka on the Shore
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 May 2016, 12:14 am

Howdy there!

Thanks for telling us your interests, I think it's the best way to introduce oneself, (it's hard not the get stuck in the loop of going on and on about them thought isn't it?)

I enjoyed video games growing up, from the SNES, to the N64, To playstations, and a few years of internet gaming. Now I read, all of the time, and write in-between. There is one game I miss, Dark Souls - everything about that game made me feel good; the sounds, the design, environment, mechanics, enemies, difficulty level, undertones ... all of it.

Nice to meet you anyhow.

People always talk about how they 'lose their train of thought', with me, it's not the singular; my mind is greater comparable to Waterloo Station - with multiple trains coming and going at all times. It's as if I'm standing on a platform, alone, watching this chaos going on, picking out what I can from the residual matter left behind.

VMBV
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 May 2016, 12:25 am

Thank you!

I've yet to play anything recent (recent being post-PS2, I'm really behind on consoles), but my favorite consoles have always been the PS1 and the N64. My boyfriend's trying to collect every N64 game in the North American library, so I'm getting a chance to play everything I missed out on growing up.

I've always been curious about Dark Souls! I love a good challenge, and its atmosphere has intrigued me a lot.

Yigeren
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2016, 12:29 am

White chili sounds good! I've actually heard of it before, although I don't think I've made it.

My favorite dishes tend to include many vegetables, but most people don't seem to like vegetables. I really don't like to cook with meat, either, as it is kind of disgusting when raw (to me) and there is that risk of contamination.

As long as you use fresh meat, wash your hands, and keep things separate, you should be ok. There are places online to look up food safety. You can actually get food poisoning from vegetables, too, so it may be worth looking into. But you are probably going to be just fine.

Minestrone is a good vegetarian-ish type soup which is very healthy, filling, and easy to make. So is pasta e fagioli (pasta fazool).

My favorite console was the n64 :)

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2016, 1:08 am

Another bug exploiter I see. I do that a lot too, it's very fun to mess around with.

In Kerbal Space Program I have figured out how to get jet engines to work in space.

In Space Engineers I have created ships that regenerate if damaged and I'm working on one that will grow into two identical ships if it's cut in half.

I have exploited Space Agency more then you would believe. My latest project is a ship with an arbitrarily large amount of "fuel" for a glitchy acceleration method that shouldn't work. I have been breaking the game with distance and speed.

In Minecraft I am a wizard with redstone, and I have exploited block update bugs to make some pretty cool things. I have also considered making a redstone computer, which I might actually be able to pull off if I put my mind to it.

In Planetary Annihilation I found that a flame thrower tank can attack from orbit when being carried on an orbital transport vehicle. If I know where an enemy commander is then nothing can stop that attack from working because the commander is dead within 3 seconds of the ships arriving in orbit above the commander. It might be fixed now though.

What games have you exploited bugs in?

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2016, 2:34 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

No one ever taught me how to ride a bike, so I'm a pedestrian by default, but I don't care not being a cyclist. :D

RoadRatt
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2016, 3:18 pm

Hey VMBV welcome. :sunny:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2016, 3:24 pm

Have you ever managed to find a solution to the Xbox Red Ring of Death?

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2016, 3:29 pm

Welcome! Hope you enjoy this forum.

VMBV
Butterfly
Butterfly

06 May 2016, 10:42 pm

Thank you for the warm welcomes, everyone!

mikeman7918 wrote:
Another bug exploiter I see. I do that a lot too, it's very fun to mess around with.

In Kerbal Space Program I have figured out how to get jet engines to work in space.

In Space Engineers I have created ships that regenerate if damaged and I'm working on one that will grow into two identical ships if it's cut in half.

I have exploited Space Agency more then you would believe. My latest project is a ship with an arbitrarily large amount of "fuel" for a glitchy acceleration method that shouldn't work. I have been breaking the game with distance and speed.

In Minecraft I am a wizard with redstone, and I have exploited block update bugs to make some pretty cool things. I have also considered making a redstone computer, which I might actually be able to pull off if I put my mind to it.

In Planetary Annihilation I found that a flame thrower tank can attack from orbit when being carried on an orbital transport vehicle. If I know where an enemy commander is then nothing can stop that attack from working because the commander is dead within 3 seconds of the ships arriving in orbit above the commander. It might be fixed now though.

What games have you exploited bugs in?

That's amazing! I've never done anything that impressive in gaming. Most of the things I fiddle around with are minor (clipping through maps in games like Resident Evil 4 or Zelda: Majora's Mask) or game-breaking (FFVI's sketch glitch is my favorite). If I love a game enough, I pick it apart and explore all of its unintended bits.

Tim_Tex wrote:
Have you ever managed to find a solution to the Xbox Red Ring of Death?

I wish. I've never owned an Xbox myself, but from what little I know about the 360, RRoD seems really unpredictable. :(

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2016, 11:59 pm

I forgot to mention one of the best glitches ever. In Take On Mars you can put an object under you and pick it up to fly, it's very fast and it's even controllable.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art