Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2016, 7:11 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
JackBruns wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Claims he was never bullied
Associated Press

In addition to autistic differences due to tongue cancer I noticably look different. I expect to be targeted in a way that would have not happened if the Trump phenomonen had not occurred. I am not saying at all or even most Trump supporters will do this. What I do expect is that enough bullies will feel enabled to endanger my security.
i

And Obama is different...how exactly?

Dislike Obama's policies all you want, but the fact is, the President has always personally been a gentleman. Trump, on the other hand, is renowned for his acid tongue. By Trump's own admission, he's never been bullied, and so probably has no empathy for those who have been pushed around and verbally denigrated. Far from it, I'd expect someone like him to have been a life long bully.

I have never heard Obama discuss if he has been bullied. As a somewhat introverted mixed race person growing up in Chicago he probably was.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

19 May 2016, 8:35 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JackBruns wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Associated Press

In addition to autistic differences due to tongue cancer I noticably look different. I expect to be targeted in a way that would have not happened if the Trump phenomonen had not occurred. I am not saying at all or even most Trump supporters will do this. What I do expect is that enough bullies will feel enabled to endanger my security.
i

Dislike Obama's policies all you want, but the fact is, the President has always personally been a gentleman. Trump, on the other hand, is renowned for his acid tongue. By Trump's own admission, he's never been bullied, and so probably has no empathy for those who have been pushed around and verbally denigrated. Far from it, I'd expect someone like him to have been a life long bully.

I have never heard Obama discuss if he has been bullied. As a somewhat introverted mixed race person growing up in Chicago he probably was.

He grew up in Indonesia with his mom and Indonesian step-father and then later on with his wealthy white grandparents in Hawaii going to elite private schools.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2016, 9:35 pm

I was bullied horribly until I decided to fight back when I was about 13. That pretty much put a stop to it. That's how I got over it too. And even though he's a joke of a candidate, it's not Trumps fault if anybody gets bullied.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2016, 9:35 pm

Jacoby wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
JackBruns wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Associated Press

i

He grew up in Indonesia with his mom and Indonesian step-father and then later on with his wealthy white grandparents in Hawaii going to elite private schools.

That hardly means he wasn't ever bullied. Remember, Mitt the plastic Mormon and his buddies had physically bullied another student at a private school by ganging up on him, and cutting off his "girlish looking" bangs - something that had haunted that man for the rest of his life, and which Mitt had feigned ignorance of years later. As Obama was a pot smoking comic book nerd, I seriously think he ever fit the criteria for being a bully.

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2016, 9:37 pm

My mother told me to get over it and just not let it bother me, it worked well for emotional bullying they get bored from the lack of satisfying results and move on. As for physical which isn't as common these days but still happens, find a teacher or parent for help.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2016, 7:36 am

There might be something to be said for teaching everyone the consequences of bullying. Not sure kids and teens have the foresight to think about it, and most adults who bully intend to hurt and destroy.

Fighting back-- or compliance-- are the only behaviors that ever gained me a measure of peace.

claireit
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 May 2016, 7:52 am

Jacoby wrote:
Trump's advice is to fight back against bullies, seems like the advice everyone ever has given

unfortunately it doesn't work all the time..

Butterfly88
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 10:55 am

The article said "He later suggested her menstrual cycle was behind her aggressive tone, called her "third-rate" and boycotted one of the debates at which she was a moderator, as his feud with Fox News escalated." That is bullying right there. Trump also mocked a disabled reporter.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 7:38 pm

Trump's an as*hole.

Whether you like his platform or not.

Of course, there are those who like an as*hole.

And it's not like the competition has any solutions, or lives where we do either.

Campaigning pretty much IS an exercise in bullying. Great system we've got.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2016, 10:16 pm

"never been bullied" probably means that if you don't let it get to you, then it's no big deal, or something similar, as:

Trump is pretty much bullied 24/7 nowadays.

SpiceWolf
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2016, 12:05 am

That's the thing though isn't it.

I have seen people not fight back against bullies.
Sometimes that encourages them, sometimes they go off in search of more interesting victims.

I have also seen people fight back like wildcats.
Sometimes that persuades the bully to go looking for easier victims, other times it ends up with the bully bringing all his mates too.

And no matter what you do, it seems you'll always have someone saying "Ah you should have ignored it / Ah you should have beaten them up".

And if you're really lucky you go to a certain kind of school, where the bullies can bash the living snot out of people all day, and no one seems to care, but, if those who are bullied bash the bullies up, oh that's violence, and the school will come down on you like the proverbial tonne of bricks.

Mongoose1
Raven
Raven

05 Jun 2016, 3:04 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Associated Press

I was bullied. I fought back. Even bludgeoned those same bullies for going after other prey when the wimpy union controlled liberal school system would do nothing. One's best advocate is himself. Sure, it can be scary. But, take it from a vet.....it's easier than facing bullets.

gingerpickles
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2016, 6:57 pm

I taught my kids not to tolerate it and if you don't like someone , walk away, donl;t pick on someone becaus eyour friend doesn't like them or they are odd. Of course yes, heckle the guy that ran us off road and got a ticket but in general I wanted them to keep it polite.

She whaled the tar out some horrid 8 yr old when she was 3 1/2 and I gave thumbs up. I know not best solution.
They were on one of those play things with the ships wheel, my daughter noticed a baby of maybe 14 months crawled the ramp. She moved aside indulgently and as she was waiting the boy bounced in from no where an tossed the baby out of his way over rail to the ground about feet down 0_0
Before I could react to get her away from the little creep or see if baby mom had noticed, she shrieked "You don't hurt babies! And proceeded to get him on his way to a missing tooth. She sheep dogged him over by his head (like cow punching) and took his head between her knees and started punching him til he was near knocked out before I picked her up!

An awful incident. THEN the boys mother comes.. OMG. Ironic nerve was strong in this one. I nearly had her matching her son, I offered. She came all on how he was picked on and where is the vicious beast or the mother of. I not very kindly pointed out my vicious beast toddler and the baby still crying in it's moms hold with possible damage to her arm as we waited paramedic. I then made my offer but also choice of leaving immediately with "precious"

I was so secretly proud. I reminded my daughter to never be the one to hit first or because you are just angry, but that it is good and okay to defend the helpless...always. And she kept that spirit well into her preteens. My other son is that way too, stands up for younger or weaker kids and he is a BIG guy. My younger son gets nervous during conflict seeming situations. He is more of a flight or fight sort. He does like younger weaker people and is a gentle person

I wasn't really bullied often since private school was most my life, the one occasion I was , I avoided that wretched girl a year before she finally had me where I had to hurt her. I was always far bigger than my classmates until High school age anyway. I also was a jock so left pretty much alone. I liked that. I lived in the library and cafeteria when not in class.

I also say get over it (best as one can). A better way to say that is "press onward". Even my horrid marital DV, is now 11 years gone. I am so over it other than object lessons I brought away from it. Best revenge is living well.... and happy

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2016, 7:08 pm

(If you're of the paranormal persuasion, I recommend Morals and Dogma, and the Norwegian prophetess. I don't believe that you can give into base urges, without being held responsible.)

I have quit a job, where I was expected to physically intimidate the laborers, and refused another, separate opportunity, when someone was thrown at my feet. You're not going to be allowed to do the dirty work of some administration, under the table, without getting thrown under the bus.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2016, 7:09 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Trump's advice is to fight back against bullies, seems like the advice everyone ever has given

You're not allowed to beat the s**t out of bullies when you turn adult. You get arrested for "assault".