Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2016, 6:55 pm

I've never played any of those games so I couldn't say which I'd prefer out of them. However have you tried looking into used games or checked on ebay for cheaper prices? Buying a brand new game at full price can take a lot out of your wallet but you might be able to find cheaper copies that have been used or are being sold cheaper on ebay.

Also depending on the console, does it have like a store to download games with a discount section? I have a PS3 and have noticed it has that.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2016, 7:00 pm

xenocity wrote:
@Misery we have no ignore button on this site.

As for the topic matter save your money for June 23rd, that's when the Steam summer sale begins.
It runs for two weeks.

Whaaaat, there's no ignore button?

I could have sworn there was one, or at least used to be one... what kind of forum doesnt have that?

Ugh, this place, sometimes.... *facedesk*

On a side note, I'd totally forgotten that sale was coming up. Ugh, like I need to be spending even more. How is anyone supposed to resist it?

EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2016, 7:07 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
I've never played any of those games so I couldn't say which I'd prefer out of them. However have you tried looking into used games or checked on ebay for cheaper prices? Buying a brand new game at full price can take a lot out of your wallet but you might be able to find cheaper copies that have been used or are being sold cheaper on ebay.

Also depending on the console, does it have like a store to download games with a discount section? I have a PS3 and have noticed it has that.

My impression is that the OP is a PC user and is mainly interested in digital download rather than physical media but PC disc games can be found in charity shops for as little as 50p.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2016, 8:31 pm

Misery wrote:
xenocity wrote:
@Misery we have no ignore button on this site.

As for the topic matter save your money for June 23rd, that's when the Steam summer sale begins.
It runs for two weeks.

Whaaaat, there's no ignore button?

I could have sworn there was one, or at least used to be one... what kind of forum doesnt have that?

Ugh, this place, sometimes.... *facedesk*

On a side note, I'd totally forgotten that sale was coming up. Ugh, like I need to be spending even more. How is anyone supposed to resist it?

Nope... There is a movement to get one.

Just don't buy games unless you really want them and use Steam cards to buy them...

The sale is said to run for two whole weeks...

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2016, 10:03 pm

EnglishInvader wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:

My impression is that the OP is a PC user and is mainly interested in digital download rather than physical media but PC disc games can be found in charity shops for as little as 50p.

Yes I am on PC but if you guys know of any cheap PSP and Wii games I have both of those consoles. I love my PSP but normally I just use my hacked Wii to rip Gamecube and Wii games for emulation on my PC. Problem with the Wii is the motion control is horrible for FPS games so any Wii FPS is out completely. I also have a legal PS2 bios file even though my PS2 broke so I can buy PS2 games and play them on my PC just like you would a real PS2. I had built an adapter to read SNES games but I lost it and I don't have the means to extract GB, GBC, N64 or most others.

So basically to sum this up, I can play retail Gamecube, PC, PS1, PS2, PSP, and Wii games and cannot play retail NES, SNES, GB, GBC, DS, PS3, PS4, Xbox, Xbox 360 or Xbox One games. However I have roms of NES, SNES and so on but they were either giving to me or I ripped them with hardware I don't have now. So I can play a good number of retail games being the high end PC gamer I am but I can't play some retail games that my system can run simply cause I don't have the means to extract the information for the media.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2016, 10:33 pm

The only reason why most FPS on Wii suck is due to developers not bothering to fully implement any good control schemes.

Goldeneye 007 Wii is very good FPS that uses motion controls (best version of the game)
Metroid Prime Trilogy remaps the 1 & 2 with motion controls making them better than with their Gamecube counterparts.
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor is a good third person/arcade shooter that uses motion controls
Battalion Wars 2 is a good game but controls for certain units is tad clunky.
Simcity Creator is a good Simcity game on Wii
FlingSmash is a good short arcady game
Wii Sports: Resort is fun, especially Archery, Frisbee and sword fighting adventure mode
Dragon Quest: Swords is a good short DQ RPG using motion controls
Animal Crossing City Folk is a good simulator, if you've never played Animal Crossing
Excite Truck
Excitebike: World Rally
Excitebots: Trick Racing
All three Excite games are racing games
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
Fluidity a very weird puzzle game, it's on the Wii Shop Channel
Harvest Moon: Animal Parade
Harvest Moon: My Little Shop
Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility
The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return
The Last Story
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
Gradius ReBirth
Grand Slam Tennis
Another Code: R – A Journey into Lost Memories
Arc Rise Fantasia
MadWorld
Marble Saga: Kororinpa
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Strikers Charged (soccer game)
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
No More Heroes (video game)
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
Pokémon Rumble
Red Steel 2
Rhythm Heaven Fever
Rune Factory Frontier
Sonic and the Secret Rings
Sonic Colors
Super Paper Mario
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Wii Party (better than Mario Party 6-10)
Punch Out!!
Endless Ocean
Wario Land: Shake It!
New Play Control! Pikmin
Endless Ocean: Blue World
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Mario Sports Mix
Xenoblade Chronicles
Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Fortune Street
Dr. Mario Online Rx
Pandora's Tower
Fire Emblem

There is much more decent to good games that I listed and people say the Wii has no good games.

Many of these have good motion controls.

Pretty much any Nintendo game on Gamecube is worth buying except for the Mario Parties.
Mario party 4 was the best.

DS is great for Platformers and RPGs.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2016, 10:51 pm

Thanks xenocity,

I find some Wii games online pretty cheap and yeah I might actually buy more Gamecube games cause they are usually cheap and very good. I adore the Gamecube, I was wanting to buy 007 Goldeneye on the Wii since it can use classic controls but I can't find it under $20 so I am waiting that one out. Kirby's Return to Dream Land was also on my wish list at some point too but its a bit pricey to so I can wait that out. Gamecube and PS2 are probably better for me price wise. Battalion Wars 1 and 2 for Wii and Ganecube look cheap and that was on my wish list as well way back when I was teen but never played it.

I also never played Pikmin and I can get just the disc with no box for pretty cheap and since I probably wouldn't use the disc after I got the game I can basically just chunk that after I get it.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2016, 6:47 am

dcj123 wrote:
Thanks xenocity,

I find some Wii games online pretty cheap and yeah I might actually buy more Gamecube games cause they are usually cheap and very good. I adore the Gamecube, I was wanting to buy 007 Goldeneye on the Wii since it can use classic controls but I can't find it under $20 so I am waiting that one out. Kirby's Return to Dream Land was also on my wish list at some point too but its a bit pricey to so I can wait that out. Gamecube and PS2 are probably better for me price wise. Battalion Wars 1 and 2 for Wii and Ganecube look cheap and that was on my wish list as well way back when I was teen but never played it.

I also never played Pikmin and I can get just the disc with no box for pretty cheap and since I probably wouldn't use the disc after I got the game I can basically just chunk that after I get it.

I beat the Goldeneye using motion controls and they work quite well, allowing for precision aiming.
Also it's the best way to throw Odd Job's hats.

All popular PS2 and Gamecube games are appreciating in value, even with many of them being digitally released and remastered currently.

Also buy Geist if you can find it... The game received an unfair rap due to clunky controls and being misunderstood.
It's Nintendo's and N-space (now defunct) lowest selling game.
Multiplayer is fun on it too.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2016, 8:25 am

dcj123 wrote:
I really don't know that its a popular choice but Might and Magic is one of my favs so I think I'll be okay. Also for Might and Magic being on sale, I have the disc versions of all the ones I care about...

Yeah, I'm the same way; great games on sale, but I already own them on disc.
I only owned the very first M&M, so that tiny double-dip wasn't too bad.

Quote:
In fact I really hate Ubisoft for the most part. They had a moment of clarity with Farcry 3 but that is it.

Rayman 1 and 2 were pretty good (I prefer #2), and TMNT for the GBA, and Scott Pilgrim. I also like ZombiU. Beyond Good & Evil is supposed to be really good, but I haven't tried it yet.
A lot of people like their Prince of Persia reboots, and Assassin's Creed.
There's a few other good games that they published, but didn't develop.

dcj123 wrote:
...I was wanting to buy 007 Goldeneye on the Wii since it can use classic controls but I can't find it under $20 so I am waiting that one out. Kirby's Return to Dream Land was also on my wish list at some point too but its a bit pricey to so I can wait that out.

I would skip the GoldenEye remake unless you really like Call of Duty...I got it for $20, and I'm glad it came with a Classic Controller ;)

Kirby is pretty fun with four players, it's a lot like the New SMB Wii games.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2016, 9:03 am

I can recommend the humble store.
they often have packages where you can get hundreds of dollars worth of games for just a few bucks.
For example, i got 'the sims' 1, 2 and 3, with all expansions, for $15, or all Xcom and related games for $8.

EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2016, 11:46 am

izzeme wrote:
they often have packages where you can get hundreds of dollars worth of games for just a few bucks.
For example, i got 'the sims' 1, 2 and 3, with all expansions, for $15, or all Xcom and related games for $8.

Agreed. I got a Steam key for Alien Isolation for £7.99. The only drawback is that I won't have a PC capable of running it for years but it's there for when I do.

Grahzmann
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 May 2016, 11:57 am

EnglishInvader wrote:
izzeme wrote:

Agreed. I got a Steam key for Alien Isolation for £7.99. The only drawback is that I won't have a PC capable of running it for years but it's there for when I do.

You'd be surprised at what you can run with a little compromise. My crappy laptop with Intel HD Graphics runs that game just fine with reduced settings.