(housing problems)... I hate living alone

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

endersdragon34
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 May 2016, 9:34 pm

I haven't felt right since I lived with a family (not my own) that cared about me.

My job ended today with the last day of school. Officially I will be back next year... unofficially I don't know. My housing situation sucked all year because my pay sucked all year. I think I would love to come back... maybe with slightly fewer hours (1 less day a week maybe? Some of my coworkers do that) but that means even less pay unless I supplement my pay somehow. But the reality is... I don't know if I can survive another year like this one in terms of housing. I was miserable and tired all year and a lot of it had to do with the fact that there was other people in my apartment
... but I still felt alone.

As I mentioned at the start the last time I truly was happy with my home life I was 26 (I think... so 4 years ago) living with a nice family (who had an aspie daughter) where I truly felt cared for. The more and more I think about it... I just don't feel like I have ever been ready to live alone. I suck at cooking, I can't handle stress, and I hate being alone. 30 years old... Master's degree in special education... well above average IQ... and I hate living on my own. But what's the solution... is there one? If I wasn't so smart there might be... but I am not so sure there is one with someone like me

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2016, 11:24 pm

I, personally, prefer living on my own. What is so bad about being on your own ?
Practicing meditation every day like a true martial artist is a surprisingly effective method of stress-reduction.
You can use tools to help with cooking (modern-day pressure-cookers with their own auto-off timers).
That way you don't accidentally burn the house down like I did to a few back in the day.

You can learn a lot from You-Tube these days (before the information gets suppressed).
Ahem, I mean, now it's become more like Corporate-Tube, but anyway, use it to your advantage.
Lots of how-to videos have been posted as to how to cook, how to use specific pressure-cookers,
how to grow your own food, how to set up your own cheap hydroponics, etc.

I cannot stress enough the need for Aspies to be productive. When I say productive, I mean things that
actually contribute to the maintenance or advancement of society, not that false-labour of most jobs
that are akin to holding up a telephone-pole that would stand up on its own anyway.
You can learn about free-energy, test an experiment how to generate your own electricity,
amongst various other things that would make life easier on everyone if they had one.

endersdragon34 wrote:
I haven't felt right since I lived with a family (not my own) that cared about me.

My job ended today with the last day of school. Officially I will be back next year... unofficially I don't know. My housing situation sucked all year because my pay sucked all year. I think I would love to come back... maybe with slightly fewer hours (1 less day a week maybe? Some of my coworkers do that) but that means even less pay unless I supplement my pay somehow. But the reality is... I don't know if I can survive another year like this one in terms of housing. I was miserable and tired all year and a lot of it had to do with the fact that there was other people in my apartment
... but I still felt alone.

As I mentioned at the start the last time I truly was happy with my home life I was 26 (I think... so 4 years ago) living with a nice family (who had an aspie daughter) where I truly felt cared for. The more and more I think about it... I just don't feel like I have ever been ready to live alone. I suck at cooking, I can't handle stress, and I hate being alone. 30 years old... Master's degree in special education... well above average IQ... and I hate living on my own. But what's the solution... is there one? If I wasn't so smart there might be... but I am not so sure there is one with someone like me

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2016, 11:45 pm

Don't know if they have such a thing in Utah; but what you want is a "co-op house" where a number of single people live together, inexpensively, and share food and chores. If you can't find that, try advertising that you are looking to room and board with a family.

endersdragon34
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 May 2016, 12:05 am

BeaArthur wrote:
Don't know if they have such a thing in Utah; but what you want is a "co-op house" where a number of single people live together, inexpensively, and share food and chores. If you can't find that, try advertising that you are looking to room and board with a family.

The former could work but too high of a chance of jerks (that's what I generally get)... I think the later makes me sound like a creep. As to answer the question of why I hate living alone from the previous person... I am a very social aspie... I have a hard time being social at times (thankfully I work at a school so that helps a lot... but still) and with the stress of my job I don't like leaving home much when I am finally able to make it there