Sarcasm.

That's pretty much accurate. :p

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2016, 12:54 am

CommanderKeen wrote:

THAT's your ideal woman?

It sounds almost like the opposite of what I'd expect you to like.

I know you're not into extremely right-winged women, but from what you say of the liberals you meet, I thought you were against the whole feminist SJW genderqueer odd-fetish bisexual women with hipster sunglasses and trendy brightly-dyed skrillex haircut modern nerd/geek types.

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2016, 1:31 am

Outrider wrote:
CommanderKeen wrote:

THAT's your ideal woman?

It sounds almost like the opposite of what I'd expect you to like.

I know you're not into extremely right-winged women, but from what you say of the liberals you meet, I thought you were against the whole feminist SJW genderqueer odd-fetish bisexual women with hipster sunglasses and trendy brightly-dyed skrillex haircut modern nerd/geek types.

She's the exact opposite of what I'm looking for. I just wanted to give an example of the women in my area that use dating sites.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2016, 2:58 am

Great minds think alike then.

I can't stand these 'weirdos' myself, and that's putting it nicely.

Lucky for you, at least you're late 20s - those types of women pretty much sum up the millenial generation, which is what I'm more a part of than you are (regarding age).

You're approaching 30s and hopefully women change by then, I'm just about to enter that sh*t.

I'm a left-leaning centrist and can't relate to or stand most of the left myself.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2016, 5:02 pm

Your average WP member's message:

Hi. I read your profile. That's a lot of stuff I have no interest in, but I do share your interest in ancient Japanese cuisine. Most of your opinions on the matter are false or from untrustworthy sources. Perhaps we could get coffee and I can give you the right information. Sometimes I forget what I'm doing, so I may forget the bus and may be late-- several hours in fact, just wait it out I'll eventually get it figured out.

P.S.-- you have a really healthy looking reproductive system. I never played baseball, so I have no idea what bases are used for, but tell me when you want me to touch it and I'll be more than happy to oblige if my inhaler is on-hand (my mom says I should always use it for strenuous activity or my asthma might flare up).

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2016, 6:54 am

bump

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2016, 7:01 am

Hi

I just wanted to say if anyone took it as redicule I apologise as that was not the intention. I never wish for people to feel as if they are being made fun of I just wanted to help people who are online dating.

Again I'm sorry if this hurt anyone's feelings

AWholeNewWorld
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 Jun 2016, 5:36 am

I have been researching online dating for 6 months for a project, it is really an unhealthy place for men surprisingly. Many of the behaviours that are being discussed stem from the easy nature to disregard someone with no repercussions or awkwardness.
At the end of the day the only approach it seems is to be as you normally would. If you like a simple Hello how's it? Thats ok and if you like to write a long and thought through message thats ok too. Most will not respond to you maybe but this is simply because you do not know what type of person each is yet. The people who respond to you communicating as you feel comfortable though are the ones who you may just get along with.

Be respectful but always be yourself!

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2016, 5:50 am

I signed up for Match and found that a number of the complaints are arguably the result of how the site is set up.

Old profile pic? Match will automatically pull a profile pic from your Facebook account.

Match is constantly pressuring me to send emails--even though I clearly am not a match if I am to believe the woman's profile. If a woman specifies a guy that is at least ten inches taller than her, height is a big deal to her.

I just sent an email, why would I want to send one to someone else? :roll:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2016, 6:41 am

BTDT wrote:
... I just sent an email, why would I want to send one to someone else?
Why? To increase the likelihood that someone will email you back.

lidsmichelle
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2016, 9:19 pm

Fnord wrote:
BTDT wrote:
... I just sent an email, why would I want to send one to someone else?
Why? To increase the likelihood that someone will email you back.

Yeah lol, it's like job hunting. Ideally you'd just apply to one or two places but in reality you're applying to every single place that meets your criteria.

I know I'd prefer that on dating sites I could only message like 3 people and everything would work out, but it doesn't. Because the chances of you definitely clicking with those three people are low. That's just how it is.

I really do get the urge to only send one though lol. Maintaining multiple conversations is exhausting and most people don't interest me anyways. Too boring.

Herein You Will Find Various And Numerous And Innumerable Hexes, Curses, Words In The Old Tongue To Cleave A’Twain Friend, Foe, Family Alike. If You So Choose. Money Hates Me, God Hates Me, My Wife Hates Me, My Own Hands Hate Me. But Thats All Beside The Point. The Point Is That My Time Here On Earth Runs Short. Im Not Dying But You All Are. Im A Glass Of Wine. Nothing Beats A Glass Of Wine. When The Kids Arent Home And Your A Mother Theres A Glass Of Wine There. A Glass Coffee Table And I’m A Glass Of Wine. Stressful Day When The Kids And you're Husband Then Glass Of Wine. Dark Chocolate Indulge. Petty Indulgences. When you're A Glass Of Wine And Let The Body’s Hit The Floor. When Your Glass Of Wine Is Running Short And You Say Heck What Of It. Why Dont I Have Another. Bartender I Am A Glass Of Wine. Bottoms Up And The Devil Laughs. The Bartender Remembers When It Happened. They All Remember When It Happened And If They Knew That You Dont Remember Then They Would Know That Something Is Awry Here Or So They Would Think. Something Would Be Amiss Or Smells Fishy. So Theyre All Relating There Stories Of Where They Were When That Event Happened And The Eyes Move Clockwise About The Room Where We All Share Our Glass Of Wine And Suddenly The Clock Ticks To You And They Ask The Fatal Question That Destroys Your Reputation, The Question You Could Never Answer, The Dead Giveaway: Where Were You When The Bodies Hit The Floor

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 7:21 am

When you are a short guy it isn't easy to find matches--so it seems like my time is better spent fixing up the place--much better to put in a new bathroom faucet now than when I'm in a relationship. The hard part isn't putting it in--its figuring out how to remove the old one.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 9:10 am

Women like winners--I decided it would be fun to win some trophies for new profile pics. I suppose it would be an acceptable white lie to pick the best pic and pair it up with the best trophy--after all, it is me and I did win the trophy. :wink:

Last edited by BTDT on 29 Jun 2016, 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 9:12 am

^ um....okay

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 10:25 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

That's really sad :'( :'( :'(