Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 1:00 am

There is a project called Architect Linux that offers a menu driven way to install Arch. CLI is interesting, but sometimes I just want to save time.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2016, 7:10 am

VIDEODROME wrote:
There is a project called Architect Linux that offers a menu driven way to install Arch. CLI is interesting, but sometimes I just want to save time.

How does it compare to something like Antergos? I was told Antergos was basically just an installer for Arch, but truth be told, it feels more like an Arch-based distro along the same lines as Manjaro.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2016, 2:26 pm

I've never used Antergos, but I've used Manjaro. With Manjaro, every thing seemed pre-bundled together in the ISO you choose like if you downloaded the Xfce or OpenBox version.

With Architect, you setup everything in the install process including your choice of desktop, display manager, or network manager. It's almost like a menu-driven netinstaller.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2016, 5:29 pm

VIDEODROME wrote:
I've never used Antergos, but I've used Manjaro. With Manjaro, every thing seemed pre-bundled together in the ISO you choose like if you downloaded the Xfce or OpenBox version.

With Architect, you setup everything in the install process including your choice of desktop, display manager, or network manager. It's almost like a menu-driven netinstaller.

Antergos feels like it's in between those two extremes, like you get to choose a certain number of things when you install it.