Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 10:54 pm

Mescalero wrote:
How about Keep The Aspiedistra Flying...?

Rubbish lol

not exactly, Mescalero! you might be on to something.
observe. . .

Quote:
The Cast Iron Plant (Aspidistra elatior) is one of the best at providing a reliable sheaf of dark green leaves between a half metre and a metre in length, to add life and striking form to replace that missing spire of greenery that was the Christmas tree.

Aspidistra elatior is the Latin name for this remarkably tough plant from China and Japan that often will succeed where others fade and die away. In Victorian times it was used as house decoration in places where the low light levels and fumes from the gas mantles killed most other plants, earning it the name of ‘Cast Iron Plant’.

Today the levels of indoor pollution are much less than a hundred years ago and light levels are greater, with the large double glazed windows common in many houses, so enabling the aspidistra to flourish indoors.

Does that sound like anyone YOU know?

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 4:08 pm

I wanted to move the topic of current disgruntlement over the forum change to here, so as not to muck up the main cafe thread.

If anybody needs to vent about it (I have been and probably will continue to do so), perhaps this is a good place to do it.

I'm annoyed that we asked for our own forum and the men's forum got taken away, and not only that, they're expected to post in the adult/sex forum. I'd be annoyed if I was them, too. And it's not our fault the admins did it that way.