Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 1:00 am

Life is so ironic.

Very soon after I joined WP, in 2005, I felt there was a need for more mature folk to have a place separate from the youngsters. I was never able to achieve it. Others have been able to achieve what I'd been hoping for for years. The irony is not that, it's that this forum was started on the day that I have to stop my WP obsession, and start dealing with my real life.

Argh. The same day. How fair is that?

As we get older, we see irony more and more often, don't we?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 11:35 am

I think that I've fallen in love with this particular forum. :)

Hamster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 May 2007, 12:27 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I think that I've fallen in love with this particular forum. :)

You're not the only one! :lol:

I've posted here in the last two days more than I have on the other forums in a week!

Aylissa, you're not leaving, are you? :cry:

--Edgar Allan Poe

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 1:05 pm

For me, its more than what I have posted in 3 months!

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 1:09 pm

No, Hamster, I'm not leaving. I am allowing myself to log on during breaks in the work. Today it's more decluttering and drywall repair and painting to try to get the house ready to show in a week or so.

Anyway, it is a really cool forum. I think it's brilliant. It feels really safe, and I have a feeling it'll just keep getting better as more people discover it and feel released to be able to post what is really going on with them.

One thing I think we elders need a bit is to just process our pasts, in light of what we now know.

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 1:50 pm

My husband and children have had a few questions about why the house isn't as organized as usual but I look at this way, I DON'T go out for coffee or drinks, I DON'T spend time on the phone, I DON'T spend time shopping and wasting money and I HAVE spent the last 16 years devoting myself to my family. In fact, I seem to have spoiled them. I finally have some outside contact and I'm not about to apologize.

As you said, Aylissa. You can take a look around here when you take a break from your work. We are aloud to take breaks, aren't we? :D :wink:

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 1:53 pm

I sneak in whenever TM is out of the house. I love this new location. It's quite cosy.

SeriousGirl
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 1:55 pm

You are such a good wife, Blessed. Your family is fortunate to have someone so understanding and supportive.

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 1:59 pm

I hope it works for you Aylissa.

I agree, life is so full of ironies; coincidentally, I've also decided to deal with my WP compulsion/obsession, whatever it is.
I was intending to wait and see if we got the new forum before I went, and yee-ha! It's brilliant, I am sooo pleased. The irony is that now I must go because of this new, brilliant forum. Otherwise I'll be too comfortable here and I won't ever be able to escape.

I may come back regularly, sometime. Once I've broken the obsession. I've tried the 'just for half an hour' approach to WP, but I just can't do it. Taking a break didn't work. Cold turkey's the only way I stand a chance of cracking it. I am beginning to resent not being in control of my own time, and refuse to be beaten by the damn thing.

There's so much I'd like to try to do, in NT world, (she said, quaking in her shoes, lol). So, now's I feel the time's right to move on, to leave on a happy note. Actually, it feels like a very positive thing to do, on a such a positive day. :)

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 2:30 pm

But bonny Starr, we NEED you to post (and pm) constantly, and without ceasing ! !!

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 2:47 pm

I asked my dh if there is a program or device that I can talk into and it will type for me. He says there is and as soon as we can afford it (next month) he will get it for me. That way I can bounce around my house or sit and knit or sew and still be here. I can't quite get the hang of keyboarding with my toes and I don't want to sew over my toes so I'm at a loss. :lol:

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 7:03 pm

You might want to test the software out
first. Voice recognition is a tough problem,
and you might not be satisfied with the
results.

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 11:29 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
But bonny Starr, we NEED you to post (and pm) constantly, and without ceasing ! !!

:cry:

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 11:32 pm

As Spider Robinson has observed, God is an iron.

As follows: One who commits a felony is a felon, yes? Similarly, one who commits gluttony is a glutton. Therefore, God is an iron. (Or else, as one of his characters observed, "He's the dumbest Designer who ever lived.")

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 11:57 pm

DeaconBlues wrote:
As Spider Robinson has observed, God is an iron.

As follows: One who commits a felony is a felon, yes? Similarly, one who commits gluttony is a glutton. Therefore, God is an iron. (Or else, as one of his characters observed, "He's the dumbest Designer who ever lived.")

oh, GROAN. . .

by the way, did you know that Moe Howard of the Three Stooges married Harry Houdini's sister?

Merle

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 2:08 am

Starr wrote:
I may come back regularly, sometime. Once I've broken the obsession. I've tried the 'just for half an hour' approach to WP, but I just can't do it. Taking a break didn't work. Cold turkey's the only way I stand a chance of cracking it. I am beginning to resent not being in control of my own time, and refuse to be beaten by the damn thing.

There's so much I'd like to try to do, in NT world, (she said, quaking in her shoes, lol). So, now's I feel the time's right to move on, to leave on a happy note. Actually, it feels like a very positive thing to do, on a such a positive day. :)

Oh Starr.
I was wondering about that Thelma and Louise avatar. Sigh.
I can understand if you feel like you need to go in order to have a better life.
I hope to see you back soon, though, especially since you were the one who got us this forum, and I'll miss your empathetic, intelligent and reasonable posts.
-Lissa