ND-Com tumblr people think "Autism = not disabilty"

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

PeachCastella
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jun 2016, 6:30 pm

im sorry to offend anyone but this is really bothering me, this believes on tumblr by ND-community people "same guys saying "omg going nonverbal!! !!" and "OMG MELTDOWN TIME!! !! !!" are think autism to be simply 'personality differnce" and dont understand how it disables the patient with it :heart:

they dont SAY it (like "autism is personality difference not disabilty") but BELIEVE it, like they suggest thing like 'special interest, stim toys, odd behavior' and stuff as if theyre thinking themselves to be normal people 'not trying hard enough' :heart: they ARE trying hard enough!

here's a bit of her 'mini autistic activity book' its heart says 'listen, kid! you different because you have a personality disorder!"

also this: YOU COLD GET THESE AT DOLLAR TREE YOUSELF SAFELY, THEY KEEP GIVING OUT ' 8O STIM TOY BOX SWEEPSTAKES! 8O ' AND ASKING FOR HOME ADRES, ZIP CODE AND PHONE NUMBER IT ISNT SAFE :heart:

....AND....

BaronHarkonnen85
Toucan
Toucan

19 Jun 2016, 6:35 pm

First problem: don't listen to Tumblrite Social Justice Warrior morons.

What else do you really expect from the idiots at Tumblrland?

gingerpickles
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2016, 6:51 pm

**remembers why became inactive in tumblr**

It used to be just fun memes and irreverent. Maybe Pintrest will be my mext media interest

pezar
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2016, 7:04 pm

Kiwi Farms has a whole forum dedicated to making fun of Tumblr weirdos. What does that tell you?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 1:38 am

The more I read about about Tumblr the more I think some hacker should take it down permanently.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

underwater
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 2:26 am

Don't give yourself a headache, stay away from those nutters.

I wonder if the people who worry about "autism as a special snowflake" thing get their info from tumblr? 'Cause I sure have never heard about it in real life.

The internetz can be a scary place.

whiterat
Toucan
Toucan

20 Jun 2016, 6:44 am

Maybe it's the people you follow? Pretty sure the people I follow would consider this ableist.

foca
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jun 2016, 6:59 am

The best solution would just be to unfollow whoever's posting this or if it bothers you that much don't use tumblr. They're clearly ignorant to be posting stuff like that so just ignore them.

RAADS-R (Average score for males with asd=148.7)
Total=170 - Language=17 - Social relatedness=65 - Sensory/motor=52 - Circumscribed interests=36

PeachCastella
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Jun 2016, 7:00 am

BaronHarkonnen85 wrote:
First problem: don't listen to Tumblrite Social Justice Warrior morons.

What else do you really expect from the idiots at Tumblrland?

they not dumb, just misunderstanding and misguided. they want to 'support ND-com' but they keep rant on only the sugary-sweet things about their condition :heart: and any bad aspect is seen as 'omg meltdown/nonverbal ep/ crying time!! !! !' or 'A$ make film known as 'Autism Every day' with screaming children from LI NY' or 'some autistics cant talk,'

yeah, many autistics cant talk, those who can have limit speech and repitive phrases and difficulty doing so. :oops:

also on post bitterautistic wrote about becoming 'gay' on the spectrum mention 'you shouldnt let certain autistic traits stop you from going on a date!'

certain autistic trats = "dont worry autism isnt disability or even excist"

i like tumblr for kirby pictures but also kirby fanfiction :heart:

also they (ND-com) hevily promote one colour: RED :( i love all colors but blues my favorite one :heart: and rainbow

instead of posting such offensive things and ranting 'omg autism = moar awesomeness and 0 eye contact!' they should hop off computer and SUPPORT autistics in their local com (esp. people with suvere and near-suvere forms of autism who cant care for themselves at home) and help them and their families every day :heart: also some good blogs i recomend are [url]flappyhappyautist.blogspot.com[/url] and http://theresidentialautist.blogspot.co.uk/ WARNING they mention self-injury behaviour and things the ND-com hide and ingnore... also theres Piizza and Zoo :heart:

also autisticNintendofan is member of the-residental-autist :heart:

the residental autist about em page mention 'sev. autistic and mixed of low-mid functioning', 'classic autism' and 'had grown up exclusivly special schooled but was expeled at fifteen due to violent behavior triggered by lack of communication and being misunderstood' things ND-com all want to hide (sev. labels, function-label, any other school besides regular school and violent behavior and severe affect by autistic meltdowns and head bang'

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 7:10 am

To one extreme there's Autism Speaks and to the other extreme there's this bunch.

danch
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jun 2016, 8:04 am

I think aspergers is a blight and that it's prevalence should at the very least be mitigated. Anyone who think otherwise is delusional. I'd much rather live in the dynamic, human world than be perpetually engrossed in the pursuit of Sonic/Tolkien trivia.

Edit: Nice autistic non-sequitur on my part - see, this is the kind of ret*d behavioral pattern that I'd like to be unburdened of.

Unfortunate_Aspie_
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 9:54 am

danch wrote:
I think aspergers is a blight and that it's prevalence should at the very least be mitigated. Anyone who think otherwise is delusional. I'd much rather live in the dynamic, human world than be perpetually engrossed in the pursuit of Sonic/Tolkien trivia.

Edit: Nice autistic non-sequitur on my part - see, this is the kind of ret*d behavioral pattern that I'd like to be unburdened of.

1.) Rude- to other people on this site/autistics in general.
2.)That is a very Eugenics way of thinking.
3.)Autistic or not- you can grow and change as a person with time and effort.
4.) You already ARE living in the "dynamic human world" it's just a matter of engaging with it.
5.) It's not a "blight" it's a difference. Every Neurotype comes with its pros and cons.You need to learn to work with your own- whatever they may be for you personally.

Also, the people on that tumblr account sound creepy and gross. I empathize with the sentiment of "autism!= disease/disorder" however, you must acknowledge everyone's strengths and weaknesses- no need to sugar-coat experiences. However, people need to realize that your life isn't automatically great nor do you de-facto have friends or good relationships or an easy life if you're NT, plenty of NTs with their own issues as well- just generally DIFFERENT ones. :roll:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 1:18 pm

EzraS wrote:
To one extreme there's Autism Speaks and to the other extreme there's this bunch.

^^^^
This

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

tetris
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2016, 4:23 pm

I love tumblr. I follow the person you speak of and just scroll past the quite extreme posts, as they post plenty good stuff too. There are quite a few over the top people on tumblr. But the autistic community on tumblr is very nice on the whole. The tag #actuallyautistic is good, and is not just the whole autism is a gift. Not sure whether you follow them but isthisanautistictrait and undiagnosedautismfeels, post plenty normal stuff about autism. They're plenty other reasonable people on tumblr, I'm a nice reasonable person on there too(autismandtourettes). I think it depends who you follow as some are just a little over the top, but most are perfectly reasonable.

The reason red is promoted quite a bit is because of #redinstead. As autism speaks use blue and light it blue during April, the redinstead thing came about. Blue is still a very good colour, (my favourite colour), just as long as you don't light it up blue for autism speaks you are good, no matter what anybody else says.

Theresidentialautist blog, the owner (I think she's the owner), she was/is on here (kingdomofrats) but I haven't seen her about for at least a year or two. She had lots of very good posts.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2016, 5:12 pm

PeachCastella wrote:
i like tumblr for kirby pictures but also kirby fanfiction :heart:

OMG there's such a thing as Kirby fanfiction??? I hope it's not the type of fanfiction I'm thinking of.

Maybe I should write Kirby fanfiction. What do you think of this story: Kirby gets tired of being morbidly obese, goes on a diet, loses his video game career because he gets too thin, becomes depressed and binge eats until he gains back all the weight.