New here, curious about the inputs I get on this

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Betten
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jun 2016, 9:52 am

I'm getting my diagnosis any day now. Theres no doubt =) jeey to that.
Excuse my english, THIS time I do not correct =)

Wanted to tell som of my story, and see if someone cares to say, or give some input =)
I'm curious to see =)

I am easely affected by sensory input. Overload and physical pain from that is sadly an everyday struggle for me.
I work in a grosery store(ironically the on I was anxious to visit as a customer before)
I like sorting things into a system, and I have gotten so good that I now am the best my boss says. That's awesome right? Yes and no!

I am in so much pain, I have allmost nothing left. But its fun to stick to the routine and be tough..

On the social arena.. I'm considered a clown, cus I try to be as fun and honest direct as I can be. It make me feel free cus I'm accepted. At home, things are not so good.. I'm engaged to a lovely whoman, but she cant handle me, and she cant handle me speaking about bad feelings, and critisizm is her worst enemy. She gives up it seems everytime I speak the truth about what I feel. And I do not feel as I'm allowed to have bad feelings.. It's no room for it st least..

Anyone else get physical pain from too much noise? Like from a noisy store, or resturant?

Btw, my special interesst is beat-making(HipHop Instrumentals)
Any Beatmakers here?
Short on friends...

mikeman7918
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 12:10 pm

Yeah, I get physical pain from loud noises too. The overloads don't seem to happen as often in me as they do in you, but I do get them. It is indeed a very common autism thing.

Diagnosed with Asperger's, ADD, and Generalized Anxiety Disorder in 2004.
In denial that it was a problem until early 2016.

Deviant Art

EmmaHyde
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jun 2016, 2:23 pm

I work around students all day and more often than not, around 2:30/3:00 pm, I notice I start to get a headache. As I'm running in and out of classrooms all day, dealing with students shouting/ being loud, and the flourenicant lights, I've come to realize I tense up a lot with all the sensory input and end up giving myself a headache or migraine if I don't take care of it. I didn't realize it was an autism thing until I started taking the journey to be diagnosed.

-------
Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 175 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 59 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)
++++++

Betten
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jun 2016, 3:46 pm

Thanx for input!
Interesting !

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 4:03 pm

I only get anxious, no psychical symptoms.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 4:10 pm

At with, I noticed my body posture affects upper body tension- which is influenced more by smells than noise.

In spin cycle rooms the loud music can lead to raising of my shoulders. Luckily the spin doctor reminds us if body position.

Yoga and my physical therapist help me be more aware and proactive.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 5:25 pm

Betten wrote:
I'm getting my diagnosis any day now. Theres no doubt =) jeey to that.
Excuse my english, THIS time I do not correct =)

Wanted to tell som of my story, and see if someone cares to say, or give some input =)
I'm curious to see =)

I am easely affected by sensory input. Overload and physical pain from that is sadly an everyday struggle for me.
I work in a grosery store(ironically the on I was anxious to visit as a customer before)
I like sorting things into a system, and I have gotten so good that I now am the best my boss says. That's awesome right? Yes and no!

I am in so much pain, I have allmost nothing left. But its fun to stick to the routine and be tough..

On the social arena.. I'm considered a clown, cus I try to be as fun and honest direct as I can be. It make me feel free cus I'm accepted. At home, things are not so good.. I'm engaged to a lovely whoman, but she cant handle me, and she cant handle me speaking about bad feelings, and critisizm is her worst enemy. She gives up it seems everytime I speak the truth about what I feel. And I do not feel as I'm allowed to have bad feelings.. It's no room for it st least..

Anyone else get physical pain from too much noise? Like from a noisy store, or resturant?

Btw, my special interesst is beat-making(HipHop Instrumentals)
Any Beatmakers here?
Short on friends...

I believe it is called Beatboxing Beat Makers might be another name for it that is the only thing I've ever heard. Nice to meet you though, Betten Neat Name where does it come from, Is it your online handle. In my Travels on Autistic parts (Mainly with Autistic people like wrong planet or aspies central) of the Internet. This is a very common thing you experiencing with your Fiance, Social norms are that you lie to protect other's feelings she probably doesn't like that you don't do this, Autistics don't do this most likely because they either A. Can't lie, B. Value the truth to much, or C. Make it to complicated and therefore not very plausible. That is if they even know this rule exists. I like to learn by Observation. As this is what these kind of threads are for... I'll introduce myself, As you Might know if you know what Pokemon is I'm a fan of penguins My Main special interest is pokemon. I'm also interested in Autism. As I said I learn from observation but also from experience.

Betten
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Jun 2016, 2:40 am

Hello there Pieplup! That sounds funny to say !
As for my name, that's how I said it at 10 months old =)
I spoke full sentences at 1 year.

As for the name Beatboxing Beatmakers.. Beatboxing, and beatmaking is two seperate things. A beatmaker sits at a computer, editing and mastering tracks to make a full hit for a rapper then to rap to. A beatboxer, makes every sound with his mouth in a microphone. You drew a hillarious picture in my head =)
Though those two manely evolves around the same thing, it differs in the process of making the product absolutely.
I will keep that short =)

Betten
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Jun 2016, 2:42 am

I wonder.
Is there any calm autistic childs?
Is it possible to grow up calm, as aspie?