Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 1:13 am

Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
It doesn't matter where it came from, does the picture have link to that neonazi site? Is there anything at all that would make that apparent? It's not a Star of David no matter how much you want it to be. It doesn't matter at all since Trump is in no way an antisemitism and it's slanderous to even suggest I think considering where he's from and the fact that his daughter and son in law are Jewish!

Of course it's a Star of David, since Neo-Nazis always slander Jews and their symbol. Just because you don't want it to be, how could it be anything else?

Do you believe Trump or the overwhelming majority his supporters hate or even harbor any bad feelings towards Jews? Do you believe his policies in anyway are antisemitic?

No, I don't. But I also believe Trump is willing to crawl into the gutter with that sort of racist trash in order to secure their votes. He's not aiming at the open racists who belong to that site, but at the millions of secret racists who visit such sites.

So if Trump and the overwhelming majority of his supporters are not antisemites and his policies are not antisemitic then what is the issue here?

I already said, he's going after those millions of people who are secret racists. The GOP has been getting their vote since Goldwater.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

12 Jul 2016, 1:20 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
It doesn't matter where it came from, does the picture have link to that neonazi site? Is there anything at all that would make that apparent? It's not a Star of David no matter how much you want it to be. It doesn't matter at all since Trump is in no way an antisemitism and it's slanderous to even suggest I think considering where he's from and the fact that his daughter and son in law are Jewish!

Of course it's a Star of David, since Neo-Nazis always slander Jews and their symbol. Just because you don't want it to be, how could it be anything else?

Do you believe Trump or the overwhelming majority his supporters hate or even harbor any bad feelings towards Jews? Do you believe his policies in anyway are antisemitic?

No, I don't. But I also believe Trump is willing to crawl into the gutter with that sort of racist trash in order to secure their votes. He's not aiming at the open racists who belong to that site, but at the millions of secret racists who visit such sites.

So if Trump and the overwhelming majority of his supporters are not antisemites and his policies are not antisemitic then what is the issue here?

I already said, he's going after those millions of people who are secret racists. The GOP has been getting their vote since Goldwater.

Secret racists who get nothing out of it, so what's the point? Unless you want to argue otherwise your conspiracy about secret coded racism is completely nonsensical. What you are doing is racial McCarthyism, it is no different.

luan78zao
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jul 2016, 1:31 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
The GOP has been getting their vote since Goldwater.

I doubt that an antisemite would like Goldwater, since he was of Jewish descent. Paternal grandparents were practicing Jews named Goldwasser.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission – which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." – Ayn Rand

L_Holmes
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 2:28 am

I'd just like to point out that not all six-point stars are the Star of David. Jews don't get a monopoly on six-point stars.

- Sherlock Holmes

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 3:17 am

luan78zao wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I doubt that an antisemite would like Goldwater, since he was of Jewish descent. Paternal grandparents were practicing Jews named Goldwasser.

Despite his Jewish origins, racist fanatics threw their support behind Goldwater.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 3:21 am

Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Secret racists who get nothing out of it, so what's the point? Unless you want to argue otherwise your conspiracy about secret coded racism is completely nonsensical. What you are doing is racial McCarthyism, it is no different.

Oh, they think they'll get something out of it. They think Trump will be their man on the white horse to make America great (white) again. Trump is so contemptuous of them that he thinks he will be able to shrug them off if he wins the White House, but they will be expecting something in return for their votes. He doesn't comprehend what he is potentially unleashing in America.

L_Holmes
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 3:48 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Oh, they think they'll get something out of it. They think Trump will be their man on the white horse to make America great (white) again. Trump is so contemptuous of them that he thinks he will be able to shrug them off if he wins the White House, but they will be expecting something in return for their votes. He doesn't comprehend what he is potentially unleashing in America.

If any racist hate group is about to unleash in America, it's Black Lives Matter, not a bunch of powerless "secret racists". Black Lives Matter is proudly racist, and they have numbers, power and influence.

- Sherlock Holmes

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 4:04 am

L_Holmes wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

If any racist hate group is about to unleash in America, it's Black Lives Matter, not a bunch of powerless "secret racists". Black Lives Matter is proudly racist, and they have numbers, power and influence.

Because they resent being shot by cops, and dare to say so, makes Black Lives Matter racist?
And it's precisely because white racists, who feel left behind by the political right they had supported time and time again, are expecting something from Trump, because they're sick of being powerless. It's through Trump that they believe they'll have power over both liberal and conservative whites who call them crackers and rednecks, and racial minorities who have it worse then them, but who they still blame for their problems.

L_Holmes
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 4:10 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
L_Holmes wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Because they resent being shot by cops, and dare to say so, makes Black Lives Matter racist?
And it's precisely because white racists, who feel left behind by the political right they had supported time and time again, are expecting something from Trump, because they're sick of being powerless. It's through Trump that they believe they'll have power over both liberal and conservative whites who call them crackers and rednecks, and racial minorities who have it worse then them, but who they still blame for their problems.

Actually, their racism probably has more to do with the fact that many of them are openly racist towards white people. A lot of them think all white people are racist, all cops are racist etc. and they use that to justify bullying, unprovoked violence and outright terrorism. That's what I was basing it off of.

- Sherlock Holmes

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 4:38 am

L_Holmes wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
L_Holmes wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Actually, their racism probably has more to do with the fact that many of them are openly racist towards white people. A lot of them think all white people are racist, all cops are racist etc. and they use that to justify bullying, unprovoked violence and outright terrorism. That's what I was basing it off of.

I had attended a Black Lives Matter demonstration in downtown Spokane last Saturday with my wife and a friend, and none of us felt any racism from the black participants.

L_Holmes
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 6:28 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
L_Holmes wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
L_Holmes wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

I had attended a Black Lives Matter demonstration in downtown Spokane last Saturday with my wife and a friend, and none of us felt any racism from the black participants.

Certainly a fair number of them are genuinely good people. But I think they are good people who have been lied to. The beliefs of BLM activists are not based in reality. Systemic racism is not a widespread, massive problem like they make it out to be.

There are racist police, and there are police who use excessive force, and certainly that's a problem, but they act as though all police are inherently evil and racist just because they are police (plenty of them would even outright say it). And when that idea is taken to the extreme, and you truly believe it, it's understandable that you'd want to hurt or even kill them. And that's what we see happening now.

- Sherlock Holmes

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 9:42 am

Double standard. People are blasting Obama for sending hidden signals to and embolding black militants and then turning around denying a signal is bieng sent by Trump or saying it does not matter if it is.

The jews as shysters, cheap, money grubbers is an old anti semetic canard as is the jews control everything Considering a nazi sent the original it is plausible then sender meant to invoke these stereotypes and messed up the star. Under a normal situation it would be plausible a lower level non thinking flunky messed up and retweeted it. Under a normal situation the tweet would be quickly taken down and the flunkys fired. This seemed to be headed in that direction until Trump said it was wrong to take the tweet down. As an isolated incident it could be assumed this is all taken out of context for political reasons but Trump has been seemingly signal sending nearly every day.

Going somewhat off topic a bit as autistics his much less veiled signal sending then the star retweet about bullying should be worrying. The young autistic Trump supporters plausably grew up in a very different situation then me. I grew up in the era Trump wants to go back to when the attitude was bullying was an unfortunate thing but ultimatly it is up to the individual to fight back and if he does not he is a loser. I know the consequences when you do not know how to fight back when what the attitude Trump wants to go back to was conventional wisdom about bullying. While the thing on WP these days is to deny empathy or Theory of Mind is an issue, some supporters of his may lack the ability to see what he has been doing which is pretty classic verbal bullying. Specifically the I am going to be presidential one day and going back to elementry school level name calling the next is classic abusive behavoir.

That Hillary is horrific that the SJW's are also bullies also should not be a reason to ignore or downplay the terrible things Trump has done in this campaign. Two wrongs really do not equal a right.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 2:00 pm

L_Holmes wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
L_Holmes wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
L_Holmes wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Certainly a fair number of them are genuinely good people. But I think they are good people who have been lied to. The beliefs of BLM activists are not based in reality. Systemic racism is not a widespread, massive problem like they make it out to be.

There are racist police, and there are police who use excessive force, and certainly that's a problem, but they act as though all police are inherently evil and racist just because they are police (plenty of them would even outright say it). And when that idea is taken to the extreme, and you truly believe it, it's understandable that you'd want to hurt or even kill them. And that's what we see happening now.

But it's not the black experience - or the disabled experience - or the poor experience that the system doesn't treat them differently. Just because you and I can walk through life without fear of the police doesn't mean it's the same for others. And the truth is, that experience is very real for them. If Black Lives Matter at times has gone to extremes, it's because of long pent up anger finally finding an outlet.

luan78zao
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jul 2016, 6:08 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
luan78zao wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Despite his Jewish origins, racist fanatics threw their support behind Goldwater.

Racism. Antisemitism. Not quite the same thing, as I'm sure you know.

You've been misled by your own side's propaganda. Goldwater's opposition, on constitutional grounds, to parts of the 1964 civil rights legislation may have helped him win several southern states. But most of the real hardcore racist fanatics, including the actual Klan, were still firmly in the Democratic camp at the time. Ever hear of William Fulbright? How about Robert Byrd?

Goldwater supported civil rights legislation which he believed didn't exceed constitutional mandates or violate property rights, in 1957 and 1960, against Democratic opposition. He fought for desegregation in his state, was a founding member of the Arizona NAACP, and never engaged in the kind of dog-whistling Reagan later favored. When you try to smear him you just make yourself look bad.

None if which has anything to do with Donald Trump. I feel dirty just mentioning that slimeball's name in the same post as Barry Goldwater. Ick.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission – which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." – Ayn Rand

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 6:59 pm

luan78zao wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
luan78zao wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Racism. Antisemitism. Not quite the same thing, as I'm sure you know.

You've been misled by your own side's propaganda. Goldwater's opposition, on constitutional grounds, to parts of the 1964 civil rights legislation may have helped him win several southern states. But most of the real hardcore racist fanatics, including the actual Klan, were still firmly in the Democratic camp at the time. Ever hear of William Fulbright? How about Robert Byrd?

Goldwater supported civil rights legislation which he believed didn't exceed constitutional mandates or violate property rights, in 1957 and 1960, against Democratic opposition. He fought for desegregation in his state, was a founding member of the Arizona NAACP, and never engaged in the kind of dog-whistling Reagan later favored. When you try to smear him you just make yourself look bad.

None if which has anything to do with Donald Trump. I feel dirty just mentioning that slimeball's name in the same post as Barry Goldwater. Ick.

Opposition to civil rights, whether it's on constitutional grounds or out of racism, is wrong - too bad he put political ideology ahead of what he knew to be right and wrong. And the fact remains, John Birchers and other right wing fanatics favored Goldwater.
And in fact, it was over civil rights that the southern Democrats started jumping ship. The much maligned Robert Byrd in fact renounced his shameful past in later years, and did what he could to correct the mistakes of the past.

luan78zao
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jul 2016, 10:21 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Opposition to civil rights, whether it's on constitutional grounds or out of racism, is wrong

It depends on how one defines civil rights. You think you have a "civil right" to take people's property, boss them around, and jail or kill them if they resist. I don't agree.

Quote:
- too bad he put political ideology ahead of what he knew to be right and wrong.

There's your problem right there. You think everybody secretly shares your sense of right and wrong, on every issue, but some people consciously choose to do wrong, because … I don't know, Fox News or the Koch brothers or something. In your mind, all those conservatives, libertarians, constitutionalists, Objectivists, and what have you are running around secretly thinking, "I know this is evil, but evil is fun! Bwahahahaaa!" Well … you're mistaken.

Quote:
And the fact remains, John Birchers and other right wing fanatics favored Goldwater.

So you've gone from antisemites, to racists, to a kooky group that didn't really stand for anything. Focus ain't your strong point … Politics makes for strange bedfellows, and a politician can't be held responsible for everybody who supports him. I don't blame Democratic presidents for the fact that they usually get the endorsement of various communists and leftist nutjobs. Are you willing to embrace everybody who's endorsed Obama?

Barry Goldwater was a decent, principled man, who managed to hang on to those principles through decades in politics. I didn't agree with him on everything, and as he admitted, he had a habit of saying things better left unsaid. Still, I'd vote for him in a heartbeat.