beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 10:06 pm

http://www.fox4news.com/news/171359952-story

EDIT: Updated title

EDIT 2: Fixed title. Thanks Jacoby.

EDIT 3: Updated to show 5th officer killed. :(

EDIT 4: I'm not sure how many there were, so I won't put down a number.

Last edited by beneficii on 08 Jul 2016, 2:16 am, edited 5 times in total.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 10:08 pm

Dang. There's been a lot more (U.S.) violence in the news lately than we've seen before. People seem to be getting angry.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 10:08 pm

What are they protesting?

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 10:09 pm

starkid wrote:
What are they protesting?

I think the 2 shootings of black men in the past week.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 10:17 pm

Good job with those fans, media.

I'm guessing 2-3 disgruntled black males getting "revenge".

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

07 Jul 2016, 10:20 pm

Wait to comment further until we know the culprits but it seems like this was a planned ambush on these officers by multiple shooters. The peaceful protesters should hate these people more than anyone, these attackers are enemies of freedom and there can be no tolerance for terrorists.

wowiexist
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 10:28 pm

Pretty stupid. What did anybody in Dallas have to do with the police shootings? I don't see why people are inciting violence here.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 10:33 pm

You can listen to one Dallas police channel live here:

http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/5318/web

Any large city will have many channels operating for special use. This one isn't particularly active, but it is reporting a few things from time to time.

There Are Four Lights!

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 10:37 pm

3 DPD officers dead 1 DART officer dead, 10 shot overall, 2 in surgery, 3 in critical

guy on Fox is saying it was multiple snipers shooting from above, who knows how accurate that is

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 10:39 pm

Dallas police chief statement:

“Tonight it appears that two snipers shot ten police officers from elevated positions during the protest/rally. Three officers are deceased, two are in surgery and three are in critical condition. An intensive search for suspects is currently underway. No suspects are in custody at this time. We ask that any citizen with information regarding the shootings tonight call 214-671-3482. We will provide more information once it is available. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers tonight.”

There Are Four Lights!

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 10:49 pm

Before I heard anything about the Dallas shootings, I said to my spouse about these 2 incidents of unwarranted killings of black men by cops (Baton Rouge and Minnesota), I won't be surprised if there is a black militant backlash.

I'm disgusted by the police behavior in the well-publicized incidents over the past few years. There are killings by cops who can't recognize and talk down a mentally ill person, and those just make me sad. But the institutionalized racism resulting in murder of blacks by law enforcement is extremely serious and worrisome.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 10:59 pm

Jacoby wrote:
Wait to comment further until we know the culprits but it seems like this was a planned ambush on these officers by multiple shooters. The peaceful protesters should hate these people more than anyone, these attackers are enemies of freedom and there can be no tolerance for terrorists.

Those cops who killed those black men are also enemies of freedom

They executed two men for simply embracing their second ammendment rights of baring arms

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 11:21 pm

4 police dead 11 shot + 1 civilian

the person of interest they have pictured I don't think was involved, there is video of him in the crowd in the aftermath of the shooting

https://twitter.com/dallasnewsphoto/sta ... 6505881600

apparently no suspects in custody

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 11:35 pm

At a Dallas hospital tonight.

https://twitter.com/dallasnewsphoto/sta ... 9380564992

There Are Four Lights!

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 11:42 pm

All these shootings are having me be a bit nervous about taking public transit and stuff. It looks like this country is getting sociopolitically unstable.

EDIT: All this violence, and now organized violence (however small) against the state, in combination with the candidate of one major party being an offensive blowhard and the candidate of the other under investigation for spilling the beans on state secrets. How is this all going to end?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 11:59 pm

The video they showed on Fox just now was disturbing, it appeared to be one of these killers flanking a police officer hiding behind a pillar and killing him

this person looked trained

saying they have both snipers in custody alive right now