Anything to say about your city/town?

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 9:53 pm

On the first Monday of every month, just at noon, they test the lahar sirens. For those of you who don't live in the shadow of a volcano and don't have volcanology as a special interest, lahars are the mudflows that come rushing down the mountain as it erupts and destroy everything in their path. It will not be in the best interest of the valley dwellers should our lovely mountain choose to explode on a first Monday at noon, now that everyone has been trained to ignore the sirens.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2016, 2:09 am

I live in a wonderful little city/town. It's like something out of a story book. There's a courthouse with a clock tower, a cool old brick library, lots of nice really old buildings and houses, a lighthouse, a marina, a spooky old cemetery, lots of forest with trails, all sandwiched between a wide river to the east and the ocean to the west.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2016, 2:27 am

The river has lovely, scenic walks along its banks and lots of pretty parks, gardens and recreation areas. There's many gorgeous beaches to choose from only a short drive away. Everything is relatively close by so it's ok if you don't have a car. The fishing's pretty good too. :D

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2016, 3:07 am

There's not really very much I can say really.

I don't dislike it here.

The people are ok, a nice mixed bunch.

I've lived in worse places.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2016, 4:42 am

Too many shootings, crappy infrastructure, too much junkfood, stupid road tolls.

I want to go back and live in a smaller town...

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2016, 4:48 am

EzraS wrote:
I live in a wonderful little city/town. It's like something out of a story book. There's a courthouse with a clock tower, a cool old brick library, lots of nice really old buildings and houses, a lighthouse, a marina, a spooky old cemetery, lots of forest with trails, all sandwiched between a wide river to the east and the ocean to the west.

Sounds like an idyllic (American?) small town.

littlecatinthewindow
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2016, 7:15 am

My city is quite a nice place. There's lots of parks, and some other places to go, and I think there's lots of people of different races, religions, and nationalities here as well, from what I've seen when walking around. We have two places for football matches and a place for cricket matches, but I'm not really into watching or playing sports. We've also got a river, maybe two of them, I don't know. And I think just outside of the city there are some good places to go for walks. Most of the buildings here are quite old, but there are some modern-looking ones as well.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2016, 10:05 am

The city I live in is big by my country's standard. Most things are conveniently close and the anonymity of the city makes it easy to be left alone. There is greenery nearby and some (very small) rivers and small lakes (ponds really).

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2016, 10:21 am

Huge population for a fairly small skyline,

I'd rather be where there is less people.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2016, 7:43 am

Just like Raleigh's home town mine seems to have an abundance of cafe's as well. It's like every second new business opening in town is a cafe or restaurant. At least one of them at any time appears to be 'the place to be seen' until the trendy people with their toy dogs find somewhere even trendier and newer. The current place is the one that just opened inside the newly renovated surf rescue building, right on the beach. Coffee is coffee to me, I'm not fussed where I buy it from as long as I'm not waiting 15 minutes for it.

I can't think of all that much that's great about my area. There's several beaches to choose from for swimming I guess but only 3 of them are patrolled by life savers. The older areas are excellently laid out and easy to navigate but the new subdivision areas are akin to a giant mess of squiggles my 3 year old niece does in preschool with crayons. The shopping is mediocre at best.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2016, 12:37 pm

It has a lot of waterfalls.

Alexanderplatz
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2016, 4:02 pm

Dozy English village like something out of Jane Austen with too many cars, on the edges of heavy industry. Socially very dead - only one coffee shop.

The modern coffee shop thing as far as I know came out of Seattle, and has infected everywhere. When ever I've used one they don't know what to serve you if you just ask for a coffee, it's got to be a banoffee toffee frashcionato compressio or some such rubbish.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2016, 5:10 pm

Portland is also known as "Potland" because of legal marijuana dispensaries. :lol:

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2016, 12:51 am

It's being taken over by zombie-like Pokemon Go players.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2016, 1:08 am

it is a scab of forgotten people covering an unpopulated scar of a wide spot in the potholed road whose best days are long-crumbled into toxic dust.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2016, 2:02 am

We live in a very poor town in the middle of nowhere. The main road is cracking and do are the other few asphalt roads, and the power gers knocked out if it rains even a little. Most of the houses are pretty crappy, too. The thing I like the most about here was is that it was founded off of a train station, and I just really love trains and railroads.

As for the people, were some of the better off people in town. I'm the only pokemon fan in town, and somebody I knew and saw inin walmart purposely made me loose the Eevee I found in go. Most people like to hunt and shoot guns and wear camo and stuff like that. Heck, I need anime and video game merch to protect me from ththe flesh eating bacteria that they metaphorically emit. The schools suck, I was bullied a lot. Long story short: I hate this town!