Anything to say about your city/town?

Page 1 of 3 [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 6:02 pm

I live in a very smelly city.
If I ever went blind, I could navigate by nose alone.

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 6:30 pm

technically i live in a district (the areas called the _____ district, like that) i live in a village close to the main town (which is why the districts called the ______ district, because the town is called _____) most if not all of the people in this area are really REALLY dumb. common beliefs: being gay is a choice, and one can become gay just to spite a woman because she isn't good enough. being "on the spectrum" means your stupid beyond belief (even compared to them, and trust me their IQ's are in the single digits). its not called being "disabled" its called being a complete ret*d downy (i had a bully in the course i just finished who frequently called me that amongst other things).

but an interest fact: this area has very few black people in it, they are a rare sight indeed, in the towns college (its the place you go to before university in england) there are currently only two. second fact: this area has a lot of polish people here, so much so its not uncommon to hear people talk to each other in polish. (im not polish myself though). the third one is that we have a fairly large asian population as well (at least compared to the black population anyway). its interesting how events have shaped things like that, its mainly due to ww2 causing many polish families to move here.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 174 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Officially diagnosed 30th june 2017

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 6:33 pm

In my city, there are people who are incredibly eclectic, expansive, creative, etc.

There are also people who are as ignorant as the redneckest redneck.

There are parts which are very urban, and parts which are almost suburban. I live in the "almost suburban" part of my city.

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 6:35 pm

I live just down the road from where the nuclear missiles are stored in Scotland.

f*****g insane.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 6:42 pm

There are a lot of old people because most younger people have left to find work and have a life elsewhere, so in a few more years there will probably be no one left to care for our aging population. And if you're able to live independently in your senior years, you probably will be forced to live in a home anyway because you won't be able to afford it. I'd rather be dead then be put in a home. Again. :(

That's probably why more younger people living here now are immigrants. Some people are being all Archie Bunker about it, going on about them taking local people's jobs, but I think fine, because no one else wants those jobs anyway. :)

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Jul 2016, 7:45 pm

It's much better than the rural unheard of town I lived in before. I can walk to some places & take buses. It's aLOT more progressive than where I used to live.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

08 Jul 2016, 8:03 pm

it's really hot and there are a lot of homeless people

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

08 Jul 2016, 8:12 pm

Jacoby wrote:
it's really hot and there are a lot of homeless people
Where I used to live was really hot but it gets a lot colder where I live now. There's a lot of homeless here too but that's because there's lots of services for them here.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 8:12 pm

We have one of the highest unemployment rates in the country, and there's a huge number of people on welfare and a highly visible homeless element.

Nevertheless, in recent years, a trendy hipster cafe culture has sprung up in the central business district. It's odd, seeing these well-dressed people hanging out in chic cafes, sipping their designer lattes as the homeless sleep on the benches nearby or rummage around in the gutters for cigarette butts.

QuillAlba
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 8:15 pm

You just described London, England without being there Rah.

Raleigh
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 8:31 pm

^ I thought they drank tea in England?
I don't know where this whole coffee drinking thing came from.
Half the regular small businesses in the main street have gone broke and are now replaced with coffee shops, which always seem to be doing a roaring trade.
I can't understand it.

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 8:55 pm

The worst drivers on the planet live here.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 8:59 pm

beakybird wrote:
The worst drivers on the planet live here.

I used to think Jersey had the worst drivers :P Then I went to Massachusetts.

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 9:16 pm

Been there. Never drove there. Jersey's just REALLY congested. WITH bad drivers. And confusing roads if you don't know where you are going. People can't manage all the yields, jug-handles, and circles. NY drivers get a bad reputation, but I learned to drive on Long Island, where the minimum speed limit when no traffic seems to be 90. Maybe 85 in the slow lane. But people there can drive when they aren't hammered. Which, admittedly isn't as often as it is other places.

I also live now in the armpit, like 3 miles from Rutgers. The traffic is intense, even though not as much now as May/June.

entsaex_accordingly
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Jul 2016, 9:24 pm

I live in Norman, Oklahoma and I really wish I didn't. ¯\( ᐛ )/¯

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 9:53 pm

On the first Monday of every month, just at noon, they test the lahar sirens. For those of you who don't live in the shadow of a volcano and don't have volcanology as a special interest, lahars are the mudflows that come rushing down the mountain as it erupts and destroy everything in their path. It will not be in the best interest of the valley dwellers should our lovely mountain choose to explode on a first Monday at noon, now that everyone has been trained to ignore the sirens.