Veteran

15 Jul 2016, 6:08 am

Glue fake body hair on your chest.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2016, 11:22 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Polyamory is quite rare in the US; Polygamy even more rare.

LOL.....do you Brits feel that us Americans are always involved in an orgy or something?

To be honest I always thought Americans were pretty religious so I though quite the oposite

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2016, 1:11 pm

Honestly, I see Americans, Britains, Australians, NZ as a one same mega-culture.

You are not that culturally different from others' perspective.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2016, 4:05 pm

I'm not a dominant man, and I do not have leadership skills. I found an opinionated feminist girl who does not let me walk all over her. :) I was studying computer science back then, and so was she.

College classes, voluntary work, summer internships and so on are good places to meet girls for relationships; bars are not. Generally, any place you can make friends you can also meet a girl.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2016, 4:06 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Honestly, I see Americans, Britains, Australians, NZ as a one same mega-culture.

A living proof that the Roman empire never died.

TomS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jul 2016, 8:42 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Quite true (and Canada too). England and ex-colonies of England. However, many (most?) individuals within the seperate countries would adamantly deny it. The tree in the forest definately can't see the forest.

TomS
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Jul 2016, 8:45 pm

You don't have to be Conan the Barbarian to have a life. Just forget that crap and be yourself and then be proud of yourself for the good aspects of your personality.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2016, 12:09 am

Kurgan wrote:
I'm not a dominant man, and I do not have leadership skills. I found an opinionated feminist girl who does not let me walk all over her. :) I was studying computer science back then, and so was she.

College classes, voluntary work, summer internships and so on are good places to meet girls for relationships; bars are not. Generally, any place you can make friends you can also meet a girl.

Quite an unusual user name for a guy who isn't dominant. ;-)

There can be only one!

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2016, 5:20 am

LimboMan wrote:
I've noticed I've always been the "nice guy" type and I think this is the reason why I haven't been able to attract the opposite sex. Growing up I've always been a people pleaser putting people's needs first most of the time. I grew up in a household where having an opinion wasn't really respected and if I said my views on something I got shot down, so I keep most things to myself and not share with others anymore.
I've been researching attraction and seems clear women are attracted to a dominant guy that could care less about what people think of him. I don't see how I can be this guy though because of my Aspergers. I'm sensitive to so many things, a lot of times about what people think of me, and I am afraid of drawing attention to myself. I just feel weak. I'm quiet, not loud. I don't call myself a leader of such in anything and not in a high status job most attractive women seek these men because their dominant and have some sort of social influence.
So this is what I'm worried about. My interest is music and pursuing it but my anxiety is big enough to put myself out there and show people what I'm doing. My belief is I'll be a burden to people around me.
Is this something to lose sleep over? I just don't see how I can be dominant enough and I see myself being clingy and trusting someone too early if I like them.

Bonus question - If I am dating someone when should I tell someone I have Aspergers? I want to be honest with them but this is something I worry about too :(

In a social hierarchy, there are few dominant people. Most people are not at or near the top of that pyramid, and if you are at the bottom, you should not aim for the top because you will not be happy in a place you were not naturally designed to be. That being said, you were probably not naturally at the bottom, and that is why you are not happy there. You probably had the potential to be somewhere in the middle, but did not get the positive reinforcement you needed as a child to make you feel self secure and assured.

Here is a question for you, why should you have any less of a right to an idea or an opinion than anyone else? You don't have any less of a right. You have the same rights as everyone else. You will also need to accept the fact that no matter what you do, someone will be unhappy with you. This is why it's a loosing scenario to be a people pleaser. You put all of your energy into trying to please people, and in the end, not everyone is pleased. You could have saved yourself the energy and come out with the same outcome. In fact, if you didn't try so hard to please everyone all of the time, more people might actually like and respect you, because people pleasers come across as socially unreliable people who will not stand for their principals in trying situations.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2016, 6:22 am

TomS wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Quite true (and Canada too). England and ex-colonies of England. However, many (most?) individuals within the seperate countries would adamantly deny it. The tree in the forest definately can't see the forest.

Yes, forgot about Canada too.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 16 Jul 2016, 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2016, 6:25 am

Alliekit wrote:
Everyone I know has dated non exclusively

Well everyone I know dates exclusively and I know more people than you, so I win.....?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2016, 6:32 am

^Define dating you two.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2016, 9:14 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^Define dating you two.

To me it's talking and meeting up with people you attracted to (which is usually not exclusive). Like dating people to find a partner

Only when you both agree to be boyfriend and girlfriend it becomes exclusive. So you non exclusive date then exclusively date the person you like.

WannaBeNT
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Jul 2016, 2:20 pm

I'm an American female and I can say that I am very turned-off by overtly dominant men. AND everyone I know is in an exclusive relationship (married or just partnered, age ranges from 26-70).

I prefer the quiet "shy guy" who has brains, interests outside of sports, and can hold his own in a one-on-one conversation versus the stereotypical chest-pumping pissing contests that occur when NT guys vie for a high-status (i.e., conventionally pretty & outgoing) NT girl.

There are many others out there like me. We hide in bookstores, coffee shops, grocery stores, movie theaters (usually with other female friends), and brick & mortar purveyors of items related to our special interests.

:)

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2016, 3:04 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
Kurgan wrote:

Quite an unusual user name for a guy who isn't dominant. ;-)

There can be only one!

That one turned out to be Connor McLeod. :P

lidsmichelle
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2016, 3:10 pm

Can't say that most women I know are interesting in dominant men. If you mean confident, then that's probably accurate, but not dominant. There aren't many people, regardless of gender, who like bossy and overbearing people.

The confident thing is mostly just because people like being with people who like themselves. To be honest, while it's not bad to date people with low self confidence, you should be concerned about people (usually men) who prefer people like that (usually women). It's generally predatory behavior.

Herein You Will Find Various And Numerous And Innumerable Hexes, Curses, Words In The Old Tongue To Cleave A’Twain Friend, Foe, Family Alike. If You So Choose. Money Hates Me, God Hates Me, My Wife Hates Me, My Own Hands Hate Me. But Thats All Beside The Point. The Point Is That My Time Here On Earth Runs Short. Im Not Dying But You All Are. Im A Glass Of Wine. Nothing Beats A Glass Of Wine. When The Kids Arent Home And Your A Mother Theres A Glass Of Wine There. A Glass Coffee Table And I’m A Glass Of Wine. Stressful Day When The Kids And you're Husband Then Glass Of Wine. Dark Chocolate Indulge. Petty Indulgences. When you're A Glass Of Wine And Let The Body’s Hit The Floor. When Your Glass Of Wine Is Running Short And You Say Heck What Of It. Why Dont I Have Another. Bartender I Am A Glass Of Wine. Bottoms Up And The Devil Laughs. The Bartender Remembers When It Happened. They All Remember When It Happened And If They Knew That You Dont Remember Then They Would Know That Something Is Awry Here Or So They Would Think. Something Would Be Amiss Or Smells Fishy. So Theyre All Relating There Stories Of Where They Were When That Event Happened And The Eyes Move Clockwise About The Room Where We All Share Our Glass Of Wine And Suddenly The Clock Ticks To You And They Ask The Fatal Question That Destroys Your Reputation, The Question You Could Never Answer, The Dead Giveaway: Where Were You When The Bodies Hit The Floor