Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Magthidon
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Jul 2016, 1:07 am

So, I've been looking for work for about 6 months now. About 3 months ago I interviewed for a job at a call center and they ended up denying me the day before I was supposed to start training after I already bought all the things I needed for the training. Thankfully, I was able to return everything.

So, when the day after comes, I get some emails about what to expect for training and what I needed to do and things like that... yet I was denied. A few weeks go on, a couple more messages from them about training and stuff, so I contact them and say "Hey, you guys didn't hire me, I'd appreciate not getting any more emails."

Well, I still get emails every now and then saying:

"I hope you are doing well and enjoying your time at Company*! I just wanted to touch base with you to see how things are going and if you had thought of any questions since we last saw each other.

I am looking forward to seeing you around the building. Please feel free to stop myself or any other member of the Recruiting Team with any needs that you may have.

Have a wonderful day!

Person*"

I can't help but feel that this is not only highly unprofessional, but it also feels like they are rubbing salt in the wound.

ok
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jul 2016, 8:56 am

They obviously have you on a mailing list where you don't belong. It's nothing personal, they just forgot to remove you from that list. Yes, it feels pretty bad and some companies doesn't treat people very well.

E-mail them again asking "Are you sure that I am not hired? I'd be glad to show up for training anytime" - perhaps there's a slight chance they will hire you. I know you did this before, but try again.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2016, 6:53 pm

Is there an unsubscribe button somewhere? If not then I would take report them as spamming e-mails.

[email protected]
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Jul 2016, 8:45 am

This just shows you what a poorly-run business it is, and what a huge bullet you dodged by not being hired.
Wow.