Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Jake21
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Aug 2016, 9:20 pm

So how do y'all feel about making fake accounts and flooding the place with comments? I've been doing it all day and it's really fun :heart:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2016, 11:00 pm

Now I am tempted to go back and look at the place and see all the drama.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Jake21
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Aug 2016, 11:18 pm

Gahhh they deleted my comments and made it so posts have to be reviewed by a mod before going public. I still win though because now they have to do all that work ^-^ I'm surprised nobody else has made them do that before. :D

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2016, 11:19 pm

Jake21 wrote:
Gahhh they deleted my comments and made it so posts have to be reviewed by a mod before going public. I still win though because now they have to do all that work ^-^ I'm surprised nobody else has made them do that before. :D

They have already done that in the past. I guess they set it to that again.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2016, 3:00 am

Thier shaming and blaming and obsessing primarly hurts thier members and their families. They are not known much outside of thier members and Wrong Planet. They have a fraction of the influence of Autism Speaks, the government, and the DSM have on perceptions of autistics.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

johnnyh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Aug 2016, 7:21 am

Don't. They have suffered quite a lot, probably marrying "asperger" spouses who in reality seem to be low functioning verbal autistics. Try going home to a screaming person unable to dress themselves or properly care for themselves and any one of us would explode too, maybe even more. Now they generalize many milder cases to just be as incapable as them.
Though they have gone overboard, they are seeing autism as some form of sociopathy, not a disease to be cured but some subsection of society they must find a way to exclude or shun instead of providing compassion and support in hopes of curing it. They have a view of us vs them instead of seeing the negative symptoms as a problem that needs treatment and a cure.

This is the cognitive dissonance (or absense thereof as inconsistency in beliefs do not trouble neurotypicals so often) that they maybe know these autistics are disabled and not in control of their actions yet they want to hate them and not see the real problem is not them but their autism itself. Many of these posters there seem to continue posting, often several times a day. I think some of them ended up with autistic children but they see no disturbance in their minds, these children are to be divorced from like their exes, after all, to them they are not humans but things, they are not humans suffering autism but they ARE AUTISM, not worthy of fighting to find a way to cure or help.

I sometimes suspect the neurodiversity movement may be as big an obstacle in finding a cure, they seem more like it. By seeing people with autism as autism itself, beings with no conscience or capacity to love, they perpetuate this bad situation further and won't fathom curing it as these ASD spouses/children are not victims but the disease itself.

Last but not least, the biggest mistake they have made, the absolute biggest! is to not look and see that ones who truly suffer are the autistics themselves. Trapped in a cage they cannot escape, a disease that robs a person of the ability to speak or care for themselves, a disease that brings numerous co morbid disorders, life is hellish. These spouses can escape into their own minds and find peace in the small gaps where they are not with them, but the autistic individual has no such luxury. Why can't they see that? Why can't they imagine that?

I don't want to think of our world as materialistic, that we are just being of matter bouncing off eachother, that our worth boils down to how functional our limbic systems our, a mere accident of nature. I want to think someday we will get new chances in another life as neurotypical people, no, even better, people with the soul and depth of what we have become after our hardships with none of the negative symptoms. Maybe the atheistic outlook some of these AS partner posters have removes any guilt they may feel at hating autistic people, after all, we are all masses of flesh then and some masses of flesh are superior to others. If you strike at a mass of flesh that has no worth then it is a mechanical reaction, but if you strike at a neurotypical mass of flesh then oh boy that is a crime.

ASPartOfMe, AS is not part of you, it is sometime attached to you, who you truly are underneath. Think from the point of view of that true pure human being inside you. Do not strike at them, do not provoke them, don't start a war. Maybe feel some compassion for them, think of what events in their life led them to how they view autism. Some people with racist feelings were caught in conflicts in the past between different ethnicities and grew up bitter. And they should do the same with us, and understand our unchosen misery because of our disease.

-Johnnyh

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2016, 7:54 am

Wow you dudes got too much time on your hands. I'll admit I did this kinda thing in my teens and all but these days it really doesn't serve much of a purpose to spam out a forum where most of the poster's minds are toxic like such ...

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2016, 7:56 am

Ummmm yeah, we're not starting a forum war.

Topic locked.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)